News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for M_Jokay

M_Jokay Profile Photo
Member Name: M_Jokay
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Sutton now
 Jun 17 2005, 02:20:19 PM
what do you suppose she'd be paid to tour? it can't be all that much. i'm curious to know what they paid her to be in the show in new york. it was never a hit, so it couldn't have been much
re: Buckley SWEENEY scrapped!
 Jun 16 2005, 04:23:02 PM
A friend of mine appears in the Ector's current production of Beauty and the Beast (which is supposed to be outstanding) and they all had a chance to meet Betty one night after the show. Rumor is that Betty was so rude and demanding to members of the theatre staff that the producer (20 years old!) let her go from the production without blinking an eye. I, personally, commend him if that's true. It takes guts for a producer (any producer) to turn down a star with big money appeal on these grou
Small Betty Buckley mention about Sweeney Todd
 Jun 10 2005, 11:28:52 AM
This has been rumored here and there. I came across this today when I did a search. Today's news in little Midland, Texas:

http://www.mywesttexas.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=14672652&BRD=2288&PAG=461&dept_id=475626&rfi=6

Sounds like it'll be great

re: Sweeney Todd, Texas or Broadway?
 May 7 2005, 01:28:40 PM
One of my friends knows the stage manager of the one in Texas and I heard that Michael Arden was offered a role and turned it down, laughed when they asked him and didn't even consider it. It thought that was rude.
re: Musicals that SHOULDN'T be done in high schools...but have...
 May 6 2005, 02:30:05 AM
My high school did Mary Poppins- it was illeagle, and they brought on like poster board cartoon penguins from the art dept, and had the flag girls from the football games do the chimney sweep dance. It was HORRIBLE--- but funny!
re: More 'Sweeney' casting news
 May 6 2005, 02:22:53 AM
i think the one in texas sounds like it's actually going to be better.
re: Betty Buckley and Shuler Hensley to Star in Texas Sweeney Todd
 May 3 2005, 10:30:46 AM
maybe it's time for a new interpretation of the role. Buckley surely isn't entirely humorless, but she's not off-the-wall like Angela Lansbury. i think Buckley's hard-edged serious approach to the role might be really cool; she is the villian after all.
It's all about acting, no? Buckley's comedic edge is missing
 Apr 24 2005, 09:34:40 PM
Betty's probibly reading all of this thinking to herself, "I'll show them who's funny! I'll be so damn funny!" I wonder if these things influence actors.
Maria Friedman
 Apr 18 2005, 12:41:32 AM
Does anyone know if Maria is playing the role in Woman in White on Broadway? Has it yet been announced? I had planned to go see it in London this August, but I guess she won't be there then- but I really don't want to miss her! I love her so much.
Sweeney Revival, is it really happening?
 Apr 1 2005, 01:03:47 AM
Does anyone have the scoop on the Sweeney revival? Is it really going to happen? After Roundabout lost it (or dropped it???) and it went commercial, it was a little unstable sounding to me, and when it started announcing changes to the orchestra arrangements as they were to accomodate performers in some way or another, then it sounded even more like it was leading to go nowhere. Anyone know anything?
re: Daisy Eagan
 Mar 29 2005, 02:36:25 AM
I'm way excited for it, actually. But I may be more excited about seeing Daisy in Gypsy. It's such perfect timing for her and this role- like it was meant to be.
Daisy Eagan
 Mar 28 2005, 05:13:06 PM
I looked at Daisy Eagan's website today and WOW she looks really good in her headshot. She looks so different, and like such a beautiful young woman. See her at www.daisyeagan.com The site's not all up and functioning, but I can't wait to see more.

Maria Friedman Gypsy auditions
 Mar 10 2005, 03:24:30 AM
I've heard that the Gypsy production with Maria Friedman and Daisy Eagan is auditioning for all other cast members in New York. Does anyone know when or have any info at all?
re: MARIA FRIEDMAN GYPSY TO TOUR?
 Feb 22 2005, 02:38:40 PM
Do they ever do cast recordings of Regional shows?
MARIA FRIEDMAN GYPSY TO TOUR?
 Feb 21 2005, 01:04:36 PM
Hey, I've heard rumors that the Maria Friedman / Daisy Eagan Gypsy is planning to tour because Bernadette's didn't? Anyone heard anything about that? How would that affect Woman in White? Is that why it's opening in Chicago first and waiting for New York?
re: Tammy Blanchard as Gypsy Rose Lee
 Feb 19 2005, 02:58:21 PM
She was incredible. I wonder if Daisy Eagan is up to matching that kind of performance in the Maria Friedman Texas production this July.
re: Oliviers tomorrow
 Feb 19 2005, 01:29:32 PM
Do you really think Woman in White will win Best Musical? I think both the other shows are stronger choices. It's SO close between Laura Michelle Kelly and Maria Friedman. I'd say that's the one everyone's looking for.
re: Have you ever attended TONYs? Looking for tips...
 Feb 16 2005, 06:34:40 PM
How do they decide who's important enough to get good tickets? And can important people book good tickets for their friends? How do I get to sit next to Bernadette?
re: 2005 Olivier Predictions
 Feb 14 2005, 03:33:31 PM
I didn't see Woman in White, but I did see Mary Poppins. Poppins is sure to win best show, but their leading lady isn't so splendid that she's a sure thing. I think Friedman will win.
re: Black Glinda?
 Feb 2 2005, 03:30:53 AM
let me begin by stateing that this is ridiculous. ok, i feel better.

Alright, now I think that a black Glinda would NEVER be acceptable* in Wicked. In Wizard of Oz, it would be nontraditional, but acceptable, but in Wicked, never:

As a black woman, Glinda would stand out as different or exceptional- which she is not. She is not supposed to be outstanding in any way. She is rich, bubbly (pun) and popular, but we all went to high school with the same girl who turned into the

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You