News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Daniel M

Daniel M Profile Photo
Member Name: Daniel M
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Paradise Square  Mar 17 2022, 02:21:30 PM

I was at yesterday’s (3/16)  mattinee. It was okay.

THE BOOK OF MORMON Reopening Night Thread  Nov 5 2021, 07:30:00 AM

Smaxie said: "Not sure how Daniel M missed it but “If you don’t like what we say…” was not cut. They sang it last night. "

As I said, I was tired

THE BOOK OF MORMON Reopening Night Thread  Nov 5 2021, 12:58:18 AM

I attended the Nov 4 fan performance and the energy was great. Changes I can recall compared to 6 pre-pandemic viewings:

- Elder Cunningham no longer describes Nabulungi as a “hot shade of black;” he simply says she’s so hot

- as a previous poster mentioned, the baby-rape joke is now about an character’s unseen brother, and he heard about virgin babies curing AIDS on “Facebook”

- Facebook is referenced a number of times as a

LACKAWANNA BLUES Previews  Oct 8 2021, 10:31:11 AM

Alexander Lamar said: "What’s the story with the concert? Who performed and what did they perform?"

Junior Mack and Ayodele Maakhero came out with their guitars and performed about 6 blues songs, one of which was an original by Ayodele about COVID safety and dating (see: sex).

LACKAWANNA BLUES Previews  Oct 8 2021, 07:23:39 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Daniel M said: "I was there tonight and the bonus concert performance was phenomenal! I wish Ruben a speedy recovery."

Did they cancel the performance after people had already started arriving at the theatre?
"

Yes. I must’ve been on line for 20 minutes, and by the time they cancelled the line stretched past the Barrymore. People were getting irritated due to the wait and many left before the conc

LACKAWANNA BLUES Previews  Oct 7 2021, 08:49:30 PM
I was there tonight and the bonus concert performance was phenomenal! I wish Ruben a speedy recovery.
Cool Curtain Calls  Jan 27 2020, 08:51:23 PM

The Public Works' Hercules had a wonderful curtain call. Everyone, every costume, every prop came out. I can't remember specifics right now but it was joyous and pretty.

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates  Jan 10 2020, 10:13:53 AM

I arrived yesterday (Thursday, January 9) at 2:30pm and was first. For the next 90 minutes there were only 5 of us. By 5pm there were around 18 in line. It looked like they sold around 12 SRO tickets.

Freestyle Love Supreme  Dec 23 2019, 01:56:51 PM

thinton said: "The age recommendation for this on the website is 14 and up. Is this because of language? How often is the f-word typically used in a show, for example? Just wondering if this is something I'd feel comfortable bringing my family to."

Last night at the 7pm show the f-word was used only a handful of times, and swear words themselves are usually just filler to get to a punchline or generic intensifiers and glossed over pretty quickly.

Freestyle Love Supreme  Nov 29 2019, 09:50:05 PM

Dave13 said: "Has Lin ever appeared in the 10pm show?"

He did when I saw it off-broadway in February. I know this is not the most relevant information but it did happen at least once!

Little Shop of Horrors Lottery  Oct 23 2019, 09:08:38 AM
If anyone else is entering for 1 ticket for today's mattinee, let's team up to double our chances. PM me!
Any good 7PM or short 8PM Saturday shows?  Oct 14 2019, 04:52:27 PM
Not a musical but The Height of the Storm is on 47th st and under 90 minutes.
Is there a way to view price ranges for shows that have closed?  Sep 28 2019, 01:32:59 PM
TheGingerBreadMan said: "This may not be exactly what you’re looking for, but if you check the BWW grosses for shows that have closed, you’ll be able to see the average ticket price and top ticket price for each week that the show ran."

Thanks for the reply. I did click around on the grosses and found those numbers. I was also hoping to find exactly how much a specific seat cost at the time, but am still looking to see if that's out there.

Is there a way to view price ranges for shows that have closed?  Sep 28 2019, 01:23:57 PM
Is there a website that archives or otherwise saves price ranges for Broadway shows that have now closed? Telecharge simply returns an error for shows no longer playing and I am wondering if anyone here knows of an alternative.

Thanks for your time.

THE ROSE TATTOO Previews Reviews Thread  Sep 20 2019, 11:19:55 PM
whoops. I still don’t see it on mine but appreciate the link!
Please delete - unnecessary duplicate thread  Sep 20 2019, 11:15:18 PM

I did not see a thread for reviews/discussion about The Rose Tattoo previews. I went tonight and am curious what others have made of this production.

Different shows with similar plots  Aug 18 2019, 11:28:58 PM
Dear Evan Hansen and The Book of Mormon (really just the plight of Elder Cunningham):

A teenager struggling to fit in creates a lie, initially well-intended, which grows out of control and eventually they must face the truth.

Totally different treatments, endings, and messages, though.

Last Performance Experiences  Aug 9 2019, 07:18:10 PM
I was at the final performance of NATASHA, PIERRE, AND THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 and it was one of the most memorable experiences I’ve had. Lots of extended applause and crying throughout.
Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates  Jul 30 2019, 08:38:16 AM
magictodo123 said: "I'm not trying to get in an argument, but I think any time people are sleeping on streets overnight in Manhattan it's a safety risk. I don't know of any specific examples of incidents that have happened, but it does leave open the possibility of them happening. Yes, I understand about other productions-I'm well aware of that. But I think this was very extreme. Also, people weren't listening to the new guidelines set forth by the production. I think that is most likely the
Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates  Jul 30 2019, 08:19:50 AM
magictodo123 said: "Daniel M said: "So disappointing. The chances of winning the lottery are slim, and purchasing tickets at house prices or through resellers is out of budget for many, especially those who gave up so many hours to be on that rush line. Now it’s even less accessible, and the rationale why is unclear. Blah."

Actually, I think it is very clear. It's similar to Hamilton when it got popular. People were camping out at ridiculous hours, an

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You