News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ebroadwayrundown

Member Name: ebroadwayrundown
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Restaurant recommendation near City Center??
 May 8 2022, 11:39:07 AM

Topaz Thai on 56th St. is pretty good.

re: Songs about Loneliness.....
 Nov 22 2021, 01:02:42 PM

"Answer Me" from "The Band's Visit."

Actors' Equity Recruits High-Profile Safety Consultant
 May 4 2020, 10:47:26 AM

This is a great move!  Dr. Michaels has been a proponent of worker safety for many years.  (Full disclosure: He's also a personal friend.)

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
 Apr 26 2020, 10:04:28 PM

Me, too, Jordan.

A Bright Room Called Day
 Nov 1 2019, 01:23:16 PM

I saw it the other night.  It's definitely Tony Kushner putting everything he can into one play, but without the mastery he reached with "Angels in America" five years later.  There's a new layer that takes place in the present, with the playwright looking back and commenting on his work -- it gets a little Pirandellian and goes on a little long, but it's interesting.  The actors are all wonderful.  The performance I saw was the second preview --

Yiddish Fiddler Album?
 Apr 14 2019, 10:37:13 PM

There is this, from the 1965 Israeli Yiddish-language production, using basically the same translation: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D13bQAjQVWQ

THE BAND'S VISIT sets closing
 Apr 7 2019, 07:05:18 PM

I also saw the final performance this afternoon.  I had never been to a closing performance before and didn't know what to expect.  Every song got several minutes of applause, with Katrina's "Omar Sharif" and the gorgeous "Answer Me" getting the most.  I expected cell phones to be out but the audience was actually very respectful, and filled with love for this beautiful show.  Although the entire creative team joined the performers for the curta

What is the best Stage Performance You Have Ever Seen?
 Nov 4 2018, 06:54:09 PM

Laurie Metcalf's 20-minute monologue in "Balm in Gilead" in 1984.

Best 11 O'Clock Number Ever?
 Nov 4 2018, 08:02:17 AM

I've always thought that "Franklin Shepard, Inc." was the 11 o'clock number for "Merrily We Roll Along," but since the show runs backwards it happens at 8:30.

Closing of Carousel - Rush??
 Sep 14 2018, 09:33:46 AM

I don't know about rushing, but TDF still has tickets for the final performance for $49.

Amar Ramasar (Jigger in CAROUSEL) suspended from NYCB over
 Sep 6 2018, 10:07:36 PM

In their haste to make a point, the Post didn't do their fact-checking.  Jigger doesn't sing that song in this production.

Bad lyrics by good lyricists
 Sep 5 2018, 10:06:12 AM

From "Camelot" ("The Lusty Month of May": "What sweet feelings does its scent transmute?"  As a kid listening to the original cast album I could never figure out what the hell she was singing.

Carousel today
 Sep 1 2018, 09:53:14 PM

Ha! Some.

Carousel today
 Sep 1 2018, 09:21:04 PM

I saw it today, too.  Davis was very good, although he struggled a bit with the high notes.  I can't imagine stepping into such a difficult role.  He wasn't as powerful as Joshua Henry, but he did a good job.  I'm just spoiled by Joshua Henry's performance.

Renée Fleming was also out (she was singing at John McCain's funeral), but her understudy, Amy Justman, did a terrific job.  She was a little less operatic but felt, to me, mor

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You