News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for StardustsChild

StardustsChild Profile Photo
Member Name: StardustsChild
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Knives Out Movie Musical?  Dec 27 2022, 11:45:49 AM

It could be interesting to see the third film in the series be more of a backstager, rather than an actual musicalization. I can imagine Daniel Craig running pell mell up and down dressing room stairs searching for a final clue while a musical number occupies all of the suspects onstage.

Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?  Oct 20 2022, 08:59:35 PM

VintageSnarker said: "TheatreMonkey said: "Ah, yes -- but they can go with the alternative lyrics supplied by Mr. Sondheim, quoting dark hair -- sartorial problems solved!"

Are these alternate lyrics available anywhere? I'm just curious what changes he made.
"

Unsure if these are the official alternate lyrics or not, but I've seen regional productions that used "buried sweetly in your raven hair".

How To Dance In Ohio - Syracuse Stage  Sep 17 2022, 04:48:58 PM

RippedMan said: "Is the full cast on the spectrum? I can see the Twitter/TikTokers going crazy if this ever hits Broadway."

Yes, they explicitly looked for performers on the autistic spectrum. They have also had ASD creative consultants and sensitivity readers throughout the entire process.

Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?  Jun 17 2022, 11:03:54 PM

@Dollypop LOL hardly, although I hope his family does make it into town. Big week for the Clayton/Doyle household.

Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?  Jun 17 2022, 09:31:24 PM

Max is wonderful in the role! He and Sutton have captivating interesting chemistry; I really like the May-December dynamic they have found, and his scenes with Winthrop pull heavily on the heart strings (there was an audible sigh of pleasure through the audience when the young actor rested his head on Max's shoulder). Marian the Librarian was a particular delight, as Max positively soared through the choreography with plenty of energy left over to spar with Sutton.

He dances the he

PREDICTIONS ON WHAT WILL CLOSE?  Jun 14 2022, 06:13:47 PM

This brings up an interesting question; which theatres typically are the most expensive and least expensive to rent? I'd assume something like the Cort pre pandemic would be on the lower end since it was in such desperate need of renovation, which will no longer be the case when it is the Jones, but I don't have a sense of where the theatres fall in terms of a rough lineup.

Corden leaving Late Late Show; could FORUM revival still happen?  Apr 29 2022, 04:32:56 PM

JBroadway said: " being a widely beloved actor usually means more for ticket sales than being a widely known actor."

This is truly the crux of the matter.

Spring Red Bucket Collections 2022  Mar 24 2022, 09:05:49 PM

Phillytheatreguy10 said: "Did Music Man have playbills? I'm actually most interested in a Company Poster if any one has info."

Music Man sells Playbills signed by Hugh and Sutton at the merch stand, but there are no full cast signed bills for BCEFA

Spring Red Bucket Collections 2022  Mar 23 2022, 11:45:26 PM

Music Man had

• Full cast signed window cards for $500
  • Signed pairs of Hugh and Suttons white gloves, both went for $8,000 tonight

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 24 2021, 03:35:14 AM

Call_me_jorge said: "ACL2006 said: "Kad said: "Not sure much leverage AEA has on that front, unfortunately.

However- it looks like Company is adding additional swings and covers.
"

I only see Jeff Kready as newly added. Is there anyone else?
"

For those who may not know, but Jeff Kready is the husband of Nikki Renee Daniel’s. Amazing they get to perform together!
"

Do we know who Kready is unde

Roles that significantly changed when their originators moved on?  Oct 9 2021, 07:09:26 PM

I think there is a difference between normal key adjustments, and what has to happen with Hades. Page possesses a voice that is deeper than Basso Profundo, which is already an immense rarity in the musical theatre (and in modern opera, to be frank). Hewitt and all who cover the role of Hades seem to be performing a full octave up from Page - again, not a knock on them whatsoever, but I consider that to be a more substantial tonal shift than lowering a song a half step or two.

Roles that significantly changed when their originators moved on?  Oct 9 2021, 05:47:56 PM

Last night I saw Hadestown for the first time since its preview period in 2019. The show holds up incredibly well, and I was particularly charmed by Tom Hewitt as Hades (in particular Chant Reprise, which became a flurry of fiery fury in his capable hands). 

However, I couldn't help but consider how strongly the role is tied to Patrick Page's incredibly deep voice. The adjusted keys work well, and Hewitt certainly sold them, but it got me thinking about other roles that we

Major Playwright Premiere/Actor coming to BWay?  Oct 9 2021, 04:53:53 PM

I'm 75% sure it's Adrienne Kennedy's Ohio State Murders starring Audra McDonald.

It boggles the mind to think she has never had a piece produced on Broadway; she is one of the most compelling Black female playwrights of the last 50 years! Long, long overdue.

BCEFA FLEA MARKET 2021 COLLECTORS UNITE  Oct 3 2021, 05:39:15 PM

VintageSnarker said: "Congrats on your find @StardustsChild!

I like the Frozen shirts. Some of them are really soft. I wonder if they're holding back closed show merch or if there just wasn't a lot of it. Nothing from Mean Girls?
"

I suspect some of the closed show merchandise will be used up on tour - a Fetch t-shirt should sell as well on the road as it did when Mean Girls was playing on Broadway, and so long as the inner logo doesn't specify

BCEFA FLEA MARKET 2021 COLLECTORS UNITE  Oct 3 2021, 05:23:42 PM

Not as many deals as normal, but I still found a handful!

• There was a table with a big pile of $1 books, from which I picked up
    • Act One by Moss Hart
    • Pictures I Had To Take by Joel Grey
  • A table selling Tony Nominator editions of plays for $5 each, from which I picked up
    • Sweat by Lynn Nottage
    • King Charles III
    • In The Next Room, or the vibrator play by Sarah Ruhl (which is my favorite play, so I was thrilled to find this)
  • The Michael Crawford Fan Club
    • These women are always the sweetest - I swung by their table first thing at 10am and picked up an embroidered Dance of the Vampires t-shirt, and a DOTV program they had custom made for this years flea (it has high resolution versions of all of the production photos, quotes from a lot of the cast and creatives, and some funny backstage photographs of Michael Crawford in hair and makeup) - this twosome was $20, which I was happy to give since they put so much effort into designing this program.

My biggest win however was at an unlabelled, unmarked table on the edge of 7th avenue - I think it may have been an estate, but the signage was nowhere to be seen. There I found a leather letterman jacket from the Playwrights Horizons run of Assassins, with the shows logo embroidered on the back, and a pistol embroidered on the breast pocket above the initials for Front of House. It fits me perfectly, was only $10, and I plan on living in it once fall truly hits. Photos

I always bring $50 to the flea, so I stuck the extra $3 in the tip jar on the BCEFA table - I arrived at 9:45 and left at 10:30, very happy with my spoils.

re: Mary Poppins - Sondheim  Sep 16 2021, 07:16:31 PM

That link has unfortunately gone dead in the intervening years - anyone know if it was hosted anywhere else?

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  Aug 25 2021, 02:55:41 PM

everythingtaboo said: I do wonder if Covid cases rising again are making "bigger names" less likely to commit to a NYC run this fall. Maybe they're worried about being in the city, or Broadway delaying again, or maybe just worried about playing less performances and to less full houses."

This is absolutely something that is happening. A lot of casting that was borderline official has fallen through over the last two months because of the delta variant.

"A New Deal For Broadway"  Aug 23 2021, 03:09:59 PM

I so hope the Broadway is one of the renamed houses. I love the space, but the name causes endless confusion for their marketing teams, and feels so.... blah compared to an actual storied name attached to a person. 

Paul Robeson, Langston Hughes, and Josephine Baker are wonderful and historic name pulls. Bert Williams deeply deserves the recognition as well, but I doubt they would honor him in such a way today given that he performed in minstrelsy. A deeply important person, but h

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  Aug 18 2021, 09:59:28 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "I'm just assuming that the Emmy winner is playing Amos."

I'm looking through the Emmy winners of the last 15 years in an attempt to see if any of them would fit Amos, and holy hell Peter Dinklage and Aaron Paul basically traded the Supporting Actor Emmy back and forth for nearly a decade. 

Neither of them really fit the type, but I can't say I wouldn't be intrigued by a Dinklage Amos - he is a lot funnier than pe

BC/EFA flea market and grand auction to return 10/3  Aug 18 2021, 09:56:26 PM

I'm interested to know how many people are planning on attending, especially since the Delta Variant has picked up steam since this was announced. 

I might swing by, masked and fully vaxx'd, but I can't see myself spending all day there like I have in previous years - it turns into a zoo. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You