pixeltracker

Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?

Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#1Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?
Posted: 6/13/22 at 5:11pm

I was going through Telecharge a bit ago and it looks like all performances this week has a "Hugh Jackman will not be performing as Harold Hill" stamp at the top of the seating chart.

Was this announced anywhere?

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#2Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?
Posted: 6/13/22 at 5:18pm

The only notice I see is: "Performances begin promptly. Latecomers will not be seated." Are you sure you were looking at the right performance date? Telecharge could also have been making updates and maybe there was a brief typo. New tickets went on sale today for Nov 8-27.

The show actually has some decent availability through this summer in the orchestra section. I wonder if sales are beginning to soften, or if those will all fill in as time goes on.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?
Posted: 6/13/22 at 5:31pm

I thought the show was going dark during Hugh's vacations?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#4Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?
Posted: 6/13/22 at 5:39pm

How positively bizarre. I checked EVERY DATE this week because I couldn’t believe it said he’d be out and it wasn’t announced. It must have been a glitch lol

Dollypop
#5Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?
Posted: 6/13/22 at 6:05pm

I'm anxious to see Max Clayton to go on in the role.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Mariavontrapp2
#6Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?
Posted: 6/13/22 at 6:17pm

Yep, I have tickets for tomorrow night and just got the message. All my message said though that he wasn't going to be appearing tomorrow. And then I checked and see if I could exchange tix for Wednesday and it said the same thing for Wednesday. Grr.

pmensky
#7Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?
Posted: 6/13/22 at 6:20pm

Jackman tested positive for Covid. I wonder if we’ll see others following last night’s celebration.

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#8Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?
Posted: 6/13/22 at 6:23pm

Oh wow, so Max Clayton gets to perform all week? That is amazing for him! 

RWPrincess
#9Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?
Posted: 6/13/22 at 6:29pm

Would remaining tickets be priced lower this week?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#10Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?
Posted: 6/13/22 at 6:31pm

Not good. Sounds like the Tonys may end up as a super spreader event. Hopefully Max Clayton gets to go on.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#11Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?
Posted: 6/13/22 at 6:33pm

ACL2006 said: "Not good. Sounds like the Tonys may end up as a super spreader event. Hopefully Max Clayton gets to go on."

Based on one positive? Jumping the gun a bit there, aren't we?

Updated On: 6/13/22 at 06:33 PM

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#12Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?
Posted: 6/13/22 at 6:34pm

Well, I’m at least happy to know I’m not crazy lol

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#13Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?
Posted: 6/13/22 at 6:35pm

Sending good vibes to Mr. Jackman.

Non sibi sed patriae

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#14Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?
Posted: 6/13/22 at 6:35pm

If anyone wants to see Max, 2 great $99 seats, mezzanine E 16-18, are available for Friday night.

Updated On: 6/13/22 at 06:35 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#15Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?
Posted: 6/13/22 at 6:37pm

Everyone had to test yesterday for the awards show. So he obviously tested negative yesterday. But considering the orchestra was unmasked might be a cause of concern.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#16Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?
Posted: 6/13/22 at 6:42pm

Poor box office staff.

Pretty amazing that they aren’t canceling the show and are putting Max on. Will be an interesting test to see how this production’s calibration is without a STAR Harold (and if regular theatergoers choose to see the show sans Hugh and/or buy tickets specifically to see Max).

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#17Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?
Posted: 6/13/22 at 6:42pm

I went to a Rangers playoff game at MSG two weeks ago. Though I did not wear my mask (most of the fans were maskless too), I did not feel any sick days after the event. 

I sat in the orchestra last night, and this is getting me a bit nervous. 

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 6/13/22 at 06:42 PM

Dollypop
#18Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?
Posted: 6/13/22 at 6:47pm

Waiting for the show to pop up on TDF.

Wishing Hugh the best but I'm eager to see Max.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Updated On: 6/13/22 at 06:47 PM

Fosse76
#19Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?
Posted: 6/13/22 at 6:48pm

BroadwayRox3588 said: "ACL2006 said: "Not good. Sounds like the Tonys may end up as a super spreader event. Hopefully Max Clayton gets to go on."

"

Incubation is 2-10 days. And anyone who tests should wait at least 3 days, because results would be more likely to be inaccurate. He didn't get this at the Tonys.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#21Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?
Posted: 6/13/22 at 6:52pm

No, but he could have spread it.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

schubox
#22Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?
Posted: 6/13/22 at 7:03pm

So I bought this ticket like 2 years ago and had it loved as this show pushed its opening. This weekend is finally the day I get to see it and this happens. And who knows how many other shows will be affected by this. Really really disappointed 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#23Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?
Posted: 6/13/22 at 7:07pm

I'd fully expect the show to be up at TKTS all week.

schubox
#24Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?
Posted: 6/13/22 at 7:15pm

We’re going back to NYC for august for into the woods so I thought I would just exchange for then. It’s a week they’re dark, I assume for a High vacation, can’t believe I’ve been waiting years to see this and it’s not going to happen now 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#25Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?
Posted: 6/13/22 at 7:25pm

Fosse76 said: "BroadwayRox3588 said: "ACL2006 said: "Not good. Sounds like the Tonys may end up as a super spreader event. Hopefully Max Clayton gets to go on."

"

Incubation is 2-10 days. And anyone who tests should wait at least 3 days, because results would be more likely to be inaccurate. He didn't get this at the Tonys.
"

Obviously, no one is saying he got it yesterday, but he was definitely contagious yesterday, which is kind of the point.