News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for freelancer

freelancer Profile Photo
Member Name: freelancer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 'Break a leg'
 Jul 25 2007, 02:37:06 PM
I told my sister to break a leg one time before a high school production. She did. Literally.
re: what are your thoughts on the alterations made to Spring Awakening in t
 Jun 11 2007, 12:17:42 PM
As someone who's never seen it, and honestly had no intention of seeing it, it certainly made me interested in seeing it.
re: Actor/actresses' singing voices whose vibrato ANNOY you
 Apr 12 2007, 05:00:20 PM
Once Ali Ewoldt gets up into her upper register, her voice is beautiful, and a straight tone that high is basically impossible. But her vibrato before her break absolutely kills me.
re: Jonothan Crombie in Drowsy
 Mar 21 2007, 02:49:44 PM
Are Drowsy tickets easy to get at TKTS? I must be in the same room as Gilbert Blythe.
re: JLY contract extension
 Mar 14 2007, 03:50:39 PM
Bumping up. Anyone know how much longer he's with the show? I probably can't get a ticket until May.
Mary Poppins intermission
 Jan 31 2007, 12:38:40 PM
Playbill says that Mary Poppins is 2:45 with a 15 minute intermission. Is that 2:45 including the intermission, or 2:45 without the intermission? I'm seeing it tonight, and need to figure out my train ride home.
Thoughts on The Times They Are a Changin'
 Oct 30 2006, 03:25:22 PM
What do you guys think of this show? I've got the opportunity for a free ticket, but is it worth staying out late on a work night? I can only get a ticket for next Wednesday's show.
re: Kristin Chenoweth just sang the National Anthem at the Nascar race!
 Aug 13 2006, 05:40:03 PM
I was at the race. She was okay. She took breaths in some WEIRD spots, and took some strange liberties with rhythms. But vocally she was spot-on.

The really funny thing is that I stayed in the same hotel as her, and I could hear her rehearsing last night through the ventilation system. She was nailing those high notes!

re: Reba's wonderful!
 Apr 26 2006, 11:04:52 PM
This show just cemented my true love for Stokes and Danieley. I was WAY up in the nosebleed seats (in fact, I could see myself in the audience shot at the end of the first act), and their voices just SOARED. Lillias White was wonderful as well, and Reba was quite good, though not completely comfortable with the concert setting.
some people should only ever be allowed to sing.
 Feb 24 2006, 08:08:35 PM
I was merely saying that their singing voices are brilliant, and that they should always sing.

And I'm a she.

Some people should only ever be allowed to sing.
 Feb 24 2006, 03:00:28 PM
I finally watched the Rent movie last night, and I've come to the conclusion that Jesse L. Martin should be forbidden from speaking ever again. He should only be allowed to sing. Patrick Wilson as well.
re: Randal Keith as Jean Valjean
 Feb 22 2006, 01:00:58 PM
He was amazing when I saw him as Valjean. You could tell that he certainly learned a lot from Wilkinson.
Worst. Lyrics. EVER.
 Jan 26 2006, 08:15:57 PM
There are bridges we crossed we didn't know we crossed until we crossed.
"Barefoot in the Park" Photo Call
 Jan 12 2006, 03:44:21 PM
For Beacon! Although, my friend, you must share the man sometimes! I know they're small pictures, but I'm sure you'll find them larger eventually.
re: quick Sweeney question
 Jan 7 2006, 12:34:08 PM
The CD wasn't available as of last night. Only Michael Cerveris's solo album.
re: How does everyone feel about 'Johanna' sung by the Judge?
 Jan 7 2006, 10:03:22 AM
I just saw this last night, and I thought that scene was very well done. Mark Jacoby did just enough to make you understand what was going on, but not feel insanely uncomfortable.
re: Going to NY...
 Jan 3 2006, 11:56:41 AM
They're all pretty pricy. Not to mention it's annoyingly loud in the Theatre District. You can count on paying around $200 a night, unless you catch a sale, or you come at some time other than a holiday.
re: What tracks do you skip over?
 Dec 29 2005, 03:31:46 PM
"Over the Moon" in RENT (nothing against Idina, but I just find the song stupid just on the recording).
"Something Bad", "A Sentimental Man", and "Wonderful" in Wicked.
"Bui Doi" in "Miss Saigon" (I can't stand the way the man who played John pronounces "Children").
"Don't Cry Out Loud" from "The Boy From Oz" (the night I saw the show, the understudy for this part was on, and she was awful).

re: Howard McGillin & POTO?
 Dec 23 2005, 11:04:26 PM
Yeah, I meant Raoul. I'm too young to have senior moments. And yes, it was Tim Martin Gleason. I couldn't remember the order of his names!

The keys might not be lowered all the times, but they certainly were that night. I'm not a professional singer, but I'm trained enough to be able to tell, especially with a work that I'm very familiar. But no matter what, I wasn't impressed.

re: Howard McGillin & POTO?
 Dec 23 2005, 08:12:36 PM
I saw him three weeks ago, and he was fantastic as usual. I've seen him twice now, and he's brought his A-game both times. Sandra Joseph, on the other hand, was obviously fighting a cold. She was flat during "Think of Me", which had obviously been lowered. Her voice cracked during "Angel of Music". "All I Ask of You" has been lowered as well, and the new guy playing Raoul kept over-shooting his notes, because he wasn't used to the new key. She was much better during the second half, but th
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You