Going to NY...

bwaymyway
#0Going to NY...
Posted: 1/3/06 at 11:54am

I'm planning a trip to NY this Thanksgiving- Could you guys maybe give me some hotels right in the theatre district that aren't extremly pricy?

but most of all i yearn to be astonishing...

freelancer Profile Photo
freelancer
#1re: Going to NY...
Posted: 1/3/06 at 11:56am

They're all pretty pricy. Not to mention it's annoyingly loud in the Theatre District. You can count on paying around $200 a night, unless you catch a sale, or you come at some time other than a holiday.

"I'm gonna jump straight up, kick a hole in the moon. Don't know exactly where I'm going, but I'm know I'm gonna get there soon." - Jerry Lukowski (Patrick Wilson) in "The Full Monty"

ghostlight2
#2re: Going to NY...
Posted: 1/3/06 at 12:04pm

Look under features (top left of your screen) and select "hotel finder". It's a bit of a morass, but there's lots of choices and info.

Personally, I've found The Mayfair on w 49th st to be one of the most consistantly inexpensive places in Times Sq, but it's old, small, and no frills. Clean and great location, though...

#3re: Going to NY...
Posted: 1/3/06 at 12:48pm

If you want a hotel that's spitting distance from Times Square and theater but might want to avoid the noise and potential Thanksgiving parade throngs, try places like:

Washington Jefferson Hotel, 51st and 8th
Radisson Lexington, 48th and Lexington
Hilton, 55th and 6th Ave.

Gothampc
#4re: Going to NY...
Posted: 1/3/06 at 2:11pm

Unfortunately, Thanksgiving is primetime for hotels in NYC and they can jack up their prices. (You're more likely to get a deal in August when nobody wants to come to the city).

You might want to make a reservation, then when your date gets closer, put out some bids on Priceline.com and see if you can get a cheaper price for a hotel. (See biddingfortravel.com for some hints).

Furthermore, hotels in the theater district are usually the most expensive because they are near everything. You might get a cheaper price at a hotel on the East Side away from Times Square.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Roninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
#5re: Going to NY...
Posted: 1/3/06 at 2:13pm

Stay at a hostel. There's a hotel in Times Square I stayed at over New Years last year that was 100 bucks a night, but I don't remmeber the name of it. Just google cheap hotels NYC.

yr ronin,
joey

bwaymyway
#6re: Going to NY...
Posted: 1/5/06 at 7:53pm

Thanks for the info guys! I have one more question right now, and I'm sure I'll have more later-
How long, walking distance, is 69 w and 38 from times square?
Thanks!

CaTheatreGirl Profile Photo
CaTheatreGirl
#7re: Going to NY...
Posted: 1/5/06 at 9:24pm

If you're going to be traveling by air to get to NY, you should look for an air/hotel package deal on Expedia. If you're traveling with another person or two, you can save a lot. Prices vary depending on the flight and hotel you choose.

bwaymyway
#8re: Going to NY...
Posted: 1/6/06 at 7:24am

Yeah, I did the hotel finder on here, and that gave me a really good price of the hotel I actually wanted!

How far walking distance is 39 w and 60 from times square?

kimmie103
#10re: Going to NY...
Posted: 1/6/06 at 12:23pm

I am not sure of your request.. 39 west 60th street?

Fantabulous428 Profile Photo
Fantabulous428
#11re: Going to NY...
Posted: 1/6/06 at 12:27pm

yea, 39 w and 60 doesn't make sense to me.

I recognize the addiction to being alive.

timote316
#12re: Going to NY...
Posted: 1/6/06 at 12:31pm

West 39th and 60th maybe?

rebels Profile Photo
rebels
#13re: Going to NY...
Posted: 1/6/06 at 4:02pm

Like everyone said, they may jack up prices during Thanksgiving, but during this past mid-November, I got a good deal at the Comfort Inn Midtown (129 West 46th Street). It was right around $200 a night w/an okay breakfast in the morning.

Jersey Boys Blog: www.jerseyboysblog.com

Videos