News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Doug Giffin

Doug Giffin Profile Photo
Member Name: Doug Giffin
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Previews
 Apr 21 2024, 10:36:34 AM

I had balcony B101 -- it was a great view.

Apr 19 2024, 08:54:23 AM

VernonGersch said: "A gummie before hand sounds kinda perfect for it.

Yes, can confirm it worked well. laugh

Apr 19 2024, 08:48:55 AM

quizking101 said: "I'm curious. I have balcony tickets for Monday. Did they close off the balcony and move people down? The seating map is still largely empty for that day and I'm trying to figure if there's a way to be...not up there"

I had Balcony B101 and it was excellent.

Cursed Child... right or wrong to support?
 Sep 15 2023, 09:11:15 AM

Rowling has revealed herself to be a horrible person, and I try not to support her. But as others said, each person has to make their own decisions and reconcile their love for Harry Potter with the deeds of the author.

That said, each time I've seen the show, the relationship between Albus and Scorpius has become more overtly expressed. Both actors were non-binary the last time I saw it. And as mentioned, trans and non-binary actors have been in prominent roles in productions arou

BACK TO THE FUTURE : Lottery/Rush seats?
 Jul 13 2023, 08:44:33 AM

I had Orch N 16 last night.... fantastic seat!

WOMAN OF THE YEAR, SUGAR, and THE GOODBYE GIRL to Play Off-Broadway
 Jan 11 2023, 09:19:07 AM

CarlosAlberto said: "I’m one of the girls

Who’s one of the boys

Who enjoys the boys and the smoke and the noise…

"

The first Broadway show I ever saw as a kid (my uncle was the winch designer/operator). I adore this soundtrack, and just booked my seats!

PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
 Jan 6 2023, 09:35:50 AM

I've seen TPTGW three times and laughed like an idiot each time -- and I'm not normally one for comedies! PETER PAN... is definitely on my list!

KPOP Reviews
 Dec 5 2022, 09:54:20 AM

I saw yesterday's (packed) matinee -- I had seen the show near the beginning of previews and they've definitely tightened the story elements up. I've heard most of the songs several times before, but I was really into the music this time around, and I can't wait for the cast recording.

Incidentally, my "date" was in her 70s and had a fun time, even though she knew nothing about KPOP in general.

K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Nov 16 2022, 02:23:41 PM

ACL2006 said: "Unless they end up getting rave reviews and a surge in ticket sales, it's closing November 27."

In case anyone missed it the previous three times you've said this... 

Nov 8 2022, 03:23:24 PM

Look, there's a bunch or possible reasons here, especially considering it's still in previews.

I enjoyed the show and am looking forward to seeing it again. Sure, it's fine to give your opinion, but no need to drag a show in multiple posts. If it's not your thing, that's cool, but don't yuck someone else's yum.

Oct 24 2022, 02:56:27 PM

I saw the Saturday matinee and I had a great time!

I saw the Ars Nova version three times, so you could say I'm a fan. (Oddly, I'm not a super fan of K-pop in general, although I like the usual BTS songs.) Clearly I knew that the Broadway version couldn't replicate the immersive experience of the original. That said, I thought they tried the best they could, and I wasn't surprised with the "Harry" angle, although it became a bit annoying after a while.

THE BUTCHER BOY Musical at Irish Rep
 Jul 31 2022, 10:15:20 AM

I really enjoyed this show. Yeah, Nicholas Barasch was more successful as a 16-year-old in Act 2 than as a 13-year-old, but I didn't find it too difficult to suspend my disbelief. However, it was Daniel Marconi who stole the show for me.

Liza!
 Jul 17 2022, 11:21:51 AM

The video for "Don't Drop Bombs" is ridiculous yet epic!

And I may have drunkenly requested (and sang) "Losing My Mind" at Monster a time or two...

FUNNY GIRL Seating and Lottery Thread
 Jul 14 2022, 09:56:44 AM

I had front row, ALLLLL the way to the right against the wall. I missed a little of the action, but honestly, it was cool being so close!

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
 Jul 3 2022, 12:18:00 PM

I got my signed COMPANY Playbill about a week ago -- I'd previously written and they asked for a donation, so I sent a check for $25. Looks like I made it just in time!

I'd love to get FUNNY GIRL, as I just saw it last week, but $75 might be too pricey for me.

Signed playbills via mail
 Apr 1 2022, 10:13:16 AM

Since Broadway reopened, I got DEAR EVAN HANSEN this way.

(Sorry for all the space! I don't know why it does that!)

PARADISE SQUARE - Broadway Previews
 Mar 17 2022, 09:59:30 AM

They sort of fixed the "Owen just danced" issue! :)

Also: I don't know why my posts have all this white space.

MJ audience + seating advice
 Mar 3 2022, 02:35:44 PM

All of the things mentioned were evident when I went to see it... The drunk girls stumbling in and out during the show, arguments down in the Orchestra, trying to film the show (even after being called out by an usher), talking... UGH!

MJ may be the nadir, but I've seen a general trashiness in audiences in general. Last night at Moulin Rouge, people came in 40 minutes late, talked loudly, tried the filming... What is with people?

New Replacements For Broadway's DEAR EVAN HANSEN Revealed
 Feb 21 2022, 12:08:27 PM

I saw it last week with Josh Strobl as Evan and thought he was fantastic. I was disappointed he's not in this rotation.

And yes on Gaten Matarazzo! I thought Jared Goldsmith actually evoked him!

Opening and Closing Nights Question
 Apr 4 2019, 10:21:59 AM

I saw Taboo on closing night and it was great. The place was packed and I sat right by Rosie.

(I'd already seen it once on Broadway and twice in London before that.)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You