News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LaVieBoheme

LaVieBoheme Profile Photo
Member Name: LaVieBoheme
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Wiz returning to Bway in 2023 after National Tour
 Apr 4 2024, 10:53:30 AM

Has anyone who seen the tour also see Broadway previews yet? Just curious to see if anything has changed/ gotten better since the tour. 

Jan 29 2024, 05:51:58 PM

MiserablyWicked1 said: "Saw it in SF on Friday.1st act is a little slow at times but really enjoyed. Dorothy is amazing and will be a big star.

Loved the Lion and Wiz, though it is a smaller role.Tin Man has great song in 2nd half. 2nd act is amazing. Worth seeing. don't know how it will do on Broadway but at least a 6 month run.
"

Well it was only ever supposed to be a limited run anyway. 

Jan 23 2024, 12:33:54 PM

inception said: "The other board has a press release from producers announcing a 2nd tour starting February 2025, with Dallas September 9-21, 2025 as the first stop announced & more to come as local Broadway tour stops release their seasons.

So perhaps they are only hoping to play New York through to January 2025?
"

That could be perhaps, it was only ever supposed to be a limited run, but they've never announced a closing date. I've been won

Nov 9 2023, 08:17:39 PM

ACL2006 said: "FYI, Alan Mingo Jr. will be Brady's standby for Broadway."

I was literally just wondering about this,  thank you! I didn't get a chance to see him on tour but I did want a chance to possibly see him on Broadway. 

Oct 28 2023, 12:47:18 AM

So I heard someone suggest that perhaps they're going with the badly made AI projections because maybe it's the more cost effective/ more convenient option for the touring production. Maybe that was the best option to be able to tour with the show. So I'm holding out hope that when the production settles in NYC they'll have actual sets and less projections.

Biggest Tony Award Snubs Ever
 Oct 11 2023, 11:53:11 PM

Jarethan said: "I don't see how a piece of garbage is 'snubbed' because it didn't get nominated, despite having no competition. I know that there have been a lot of underserved Tony nominations, but that doesn't mean that they should lower the bar even further. To me, it would have been embarrassing, had it been nominated."

What are you talking about? There was no context in your reply. 

Biggest Tony Award Snubs Ever
 Oct 9 2023, 07:25:17 PM

For me, I will be upset with this until I die, the biggest snub is Mary Poppins losing choreography to Spring Awakening. That was insane I will never get over that! 

THE WIZ National Tour and Broadway Discussion Thread
 Oct 9 2023, 05:00:10 AM

Any reports from Baltimore or the Cleveland stop? 

Sep 25 2023, 04:03:22 PM

ACL2006 said: "So much for this taking The Lunt. I'll guess and say this runs until the end of 2024 just based on the names that are attached."

Well, it's a limited run anyway. I don't think they announced when it's closing but it's definitely a limited run, as of right now. 

Sep 25 2023, 11:25:47 AM

So it's official The Wiz will be opening at the Marquis theatre in March of '24.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxnVx9qO1dU/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Sep 24 2023, 03:43:11 PM

BroadwayBen said: "Quick report -- just out of matinee. I love this show so I was eager to see what they were doing, and in a word: INCREDIBLE!!!!! It seems like it's ready for Broadway today! The voices are amazing, the sets fantastic and Ruffin's take/story/jokes are hilarious. The audience was in love with it. You can tell they are still working on it (there's no real curtain call yet) but everything about it works. The orchestrations and arrangements are beautiful and

Sep 24 2023, 09:20:56 AM

WldKingdomHM said: "LaVieBoheme said: "With the show starting this week or next, I hope people come back here to report. I'm really dying to know what they do with the Addaperle character. I really hope they didn't cut her because I love her song!"

Allyson (ensemble) played Adda last night
"

Yes, but I also heard that they gave her song to Glinda though. How was that, did it seem weird?

Sep 23 2023, 10:32:04 AM

Tonight's the night!!! I can't wait to start seeing people's reviews I'm dying to know how it is and what ppl thought. I'm especially excited to hear about the great mystery Addaperl. If anyone in here is going to the premiere please come back and tell us what you thought! 

Sep 23 2023, 10:18:17 AM

Today's the day!!! I can't wait to hear what ppl think. I hope people come back here to report. 

Sep 20 2023, 11:41:44 PM

With the show starting this week or next, I hope people come back here to report. I'm really dying to know what they do with the Addaperle character. I really hope they didn't cut her because I love her song! 

Aug 19 2023, 11:40:33 AM

ACL2006 said: "Bizarre that they don't have the full cast on the show's website yet."

The only part they don't have is Addaperle. Not sure what they're doing about that. 

NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
 Dec 23 2021, 07:18:47 PM

Anyone know or have any speculation why they cut all the reprises out of the cast recording? I found that odd. 

THE PROM new song and release date
 Nov 28 2020, 01:35:33 PM

Jordan Levinson said: "This sounds more generic and cliché than the majorityof Sklar and Beguelin's scores forTheWedding SingerandElf. The lyrics are nothing short of atrocious/chock-full of slant rhymes and Streep's rap is underwhelming. Now I know I probably won't watch the end credits of The Promon December 11th. At the very least, I know the rest of the score is leagues better than this.

"

I would hones

Should BroadwayCon 2021 be virtual?
 Nov 28 2020, 12:54:38 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "BroadwayBrat said: "I don't think so. The event should be canceled for 2021. I am not sure there will be much to celebrate by next January. Come back strong in 2022."

I agree 100%. I don't know how successful the Flea Market was, but I highly doubt this would see much success virtually. 2022 seems the best option.
"

Well it's happening. It was just announced April 17th & 18th virtual Bro

Netflix's THE PROM trailer premieres 10/22
 Nov 28 2020, 12:48:05 PM

Jordan Levinson said: "Corden and Kidman are big question marks though thus far, and how could they possibly omit"We are liberal Democrats from Broadway!"?

I said the same thing!! I'm really hoping it's just some weird editing thing they did with the trailer and that is actually in the movie. It's such a great and funny line it would really stick to lose it! 

"

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You