News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Yonah

Yonah Profile Photo
Member Name: Yonah
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Lestat's Future
 May 17 2006, 10:03:50 PM
@ joanna2 -

I'm rather glad I'm not the only one who has been seeing it multiple times. Today was my fifth. I love your icon. :)

May 17 2006, 08:16:25 PM
"I doubt it. More like Germany or Japan"

Actually, I think it would do very well in Germany or possibly France. It has that popish surprisingly cheerful tone that a lot of French shows seem to have in particular. It's very much a European style piece (which I don't think is a bad thing, as I love continental European theatre).

May 17 2006, 07:45:44 PM
I just got back from seeing the show, and the theatre couldn't have been half full. During the first act, I was one of perhaps 6 people in the balcony, and looking down at the mezz it was perhaps 1/3 full, and there was nearly an entire row of seats free in the orchestra.

I upgraded during intermission, which was nice. :) However, it was sad to see the cast give such a fantastic, energetic performance to a near empty theatre. I agree with those who have said that the show isn't as ba

re: How often do you see musicals in a year?
 Dec 4 2005, 03:30:48 PM
So far this year I've seen ten musicals, eight on Broadway and two in Germany. I might be able to squeeze in one more show by the end of the year.

Last year, I saw ten musicals, so I guesse that ten is shaping up to be my number. One show each month, except for the two months that I'm stuck in Maine over the summer. However, prior to starting school in NY, I was lucky if I even got to see one show a year!

Chi

re: In My Life to close Dec 11
 Dec 2 2005, 06:16:22 PM
re: the giant lemon.

Ebay? Certainly there's SOMEBODY out there who wants it.

Chi

In My Life reveiw
 Nov 26 2005, 04:37:47 PM
I went to see "In My Life" last night.

For those of you who don't know, the basic premise of this musical is that this (very gay) angel is writing a reality opera for God, starring a young man with tourettes syndrom, and the woman he falls in love with.

I'll start was the positive aspects of the show. It was very strange and unpredictable. If nothing else, it kept my interest because I was sitting there wide eyed wondering what could possibly happen next. The music was very ple

re: Please Post Something About Anything But Wicked And Rent
 Nov 26 2005, 04:36:10 PM
Right now I'm listening to Koty ( Cats in Polish). Earlier today I was listening to Sweeney Todd. I went to see In My Life last night.

Chi

re: A musical forum in search of new members! :)
 Jul 20 2005, 06:50:31 PM
Elphaba - That section actually originally read "A musical about the last empress of the Hapsburg Dynasty and her romance with death". One of my comods seems to think she can improve upon everything I do. I actually hadn't noticed that it had been changed. Thanks for mentioning that.

the "Dark Musical" name actually reflects the site's origins. It was originally just a forum for fans of Frank Wildhorn's Dracula, and "Dark Musical" seemed like a better name for it than "Chi's Dracul

re: A musical forum in search of new members! :)
 Jul 20 2005, 03:56:04 PM
Thanks! :) Are you saying so from experiance (if so, who are you on my board?) or just from looking at it now?

~Chi

A musical forum in search of new members! :)
 Jul 20 2005, 03:41:49 PM
Hi all. Excuse the shameless plug. :)

I run a fairly active musical theatre forum, which could really use an influx of new members. The link is: http://chianaq.conforums3.com/index.cgi

You can talk about any musical you wish on my forums, and their are specific boards for Tanz Der Vampire/Dance Of The Vampire, Elisabeth, Frank Wildhorn's Dracula, Jekyll & Hyde, Lestat, Little Shop of Horrors, Sweeney Todd, The Woman in White, Wicked, Rocky Horror Show, The Phantom Of The Opera and Bat Boy. There are also a lot of interesting discussion sections!

Join! :)

~Chi

Appropriate/Inappropriate Reality/Fantasy
 Jun 16 2005, 10:17:46 AM
Generally speaking, I'd say if your favorite actor knows *your* name then you might be bordering on over obsessive, or even creepy. Of course there are exceptions to this (I was a fan of this one show which had a lot of free promotional events - question/answer sessions and the like. I went to them. I also showed up at stage door of said show three times, once for my own autographs, twice because I was with friends who wanted autographs. One of the actresses did learn my name. I also had ne
re: what shows whould you love to see on cd
 Jun 16 2005, 09:54:45 AM
personally, I think every musical should be immortalised through a cast recording. :)

However, a few recordings I would actually buy are -

Metro - The Broadway cast. Metro is my favorite Polish musical, and I really want to hear what they did to it to make it close so quickly on Broadway. :)

Dance Of The Vampires - Mostly for Max Von Essen

Dracula - Well, I miss the show... a lot.

Carrie - Because I'm very curious about the show.

~Chi
re: Yes, I know it's 'bad' theatre, but....
 May 4 2005, 01:53:20 PM
I don't have any shows that I'm ashamed of liking. Even "bad" musicals have their great moments :)

Dracula, Dance Of The Vampires, Starlight Express, and Jekyll & Hyde are all among my favorite musicals. Should anyone ask, I would gladly tell them so. Also, my fondness of these so called bad musicals doesn't mean I'm unable to understand the musicals that are generally considered "good".

Yonah

re: Congrats to Dracula in Germany
 May 2 2005, 06:17:55 PM
Frank Wildhorn's Dracula is one of my pet obsessions. I'm glad to see it seems to be doing better in Switxerland than it did in the states. :)

I hope, I hope, I *hope* that a recording is made of the Swiss show!

Chi

re: broadway pet name??
 Apr 27 2005, 09:19:51 PM
I had fish named Japheth and Cain after the characters from Children Of Eden. Granted, Cain and Japheth also show up in the Bibel, but I was thinking of Children Of Eden when I named them.

Chi

Rush/student ticket question
 Apr 27 2005, 04:44:01 PM
Hi.

I've got a question which I desperately need a quick answer to, from someone with experiance.

I know there are sites that list student rush ticket deals, but I find sometimes when I go to the theatres I can't get the tickets I want. So, my big question, is which shows am I most likely to be able to get into on a Friday evening for under thirty dollars? How early should I get to the theatre?

Thanks a lot!

Yonah

re: the EPITOME of tasteless audiences.....
 Apr 25 2005, 10:15:13 PM
My dad is the worst person to go to the theatre with.

When he took me to see Cats (my first Broadway show), he fell asleep and started snoring... loudly. I kept waking him up, and he kept falling asleep.

When he took me to The Phantom Of The Opera, he was mildly drunk, and he'd just recently gotten divorced from my mother (who'd found a younger less... drunk... man). Apparently my dad indetified quite a bit with The Phantom. EVERY time Raoul came onstage, he started mutterin

re: Dracula das Musical
 Apr 21 2005, 06:54:27 PM
I'm more excited about Jesper Tyden as Dracula. Jesper is just... amazing. I hope they make a cast recording.

Chi

re: Dracula das Musical
 Apr 21 2005, 06:43:23 PM
Hmm... the promotional art looks interesting. It's very different than the Broadway art. I like it.

I loved Dracula, and I'm personally looking forward to hearing about the Swiss production. There are a few Swiss Dracula fans on my forums (linked in my signature), and they've promised to share some reviews of the show as soon as they've seen it.

Yonah

most superfluous character
 Apr 16 2005, 04:30:33 PM
Nadja and Zsa-Zsa in Dance Of The Vampires. You see, there's a reason they weren't in the original version. They don't do anything but provide pretty harmony during Angel's Arise. Without the song, there's no reason in the world for the characters.

Yonah

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You