News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for carymetorent2

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
Member Name: carymetorent2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.richardhblake.com
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Blows Back - A Benefit for Victims of Hurricane Sandy
 Nov 17 2012, 12:11:57 AM
https://www.facebook.com/BroadwayBlowsBack

Hey guys,

Just wanted to post on here and get the word out. The link provides all the information, but the benefit is for a really great cause and all proceeds go to two charities - one geared to helping victims in New York and one geared to helping victims in New Jersey.

I hope some of you can go - it looks like it will be great and it's at the Gershwin, so there will be plenty of tickets.

re: rOcKS @ '9 to 5'
 Apr 8 2009, 05:08:58 PM
I actually think someone who is not typically a singer or dancer who manages to sing and dance with ease and still bring an amazing comedic edge to the role...well, I think she deserves it even more for overcoming her non-theatre background.
 Apr 8 2009, 04:02:57 PM
The rush seats were surprisingly fabulous. You miss nothing save for the back corners of the stage. I was all the way on the far right in row J and the only thing I really didn't see was the screen during the dream sequence. It's well worth the money paid!
 Apr 8 2009, 03:33:47 AM
I saw this show in LA and it's already loads better than it was. I loved it in LA and now, I absolutely adore it.

I haven't seen Next to Normal in the current production, but I did see it at Second Stage. I thought it was good, but not nearly as worthy of all the acclaim it's getting now. Perhaps it's much improved since Second Stage, but I still think 9 to 5 has a shot at many Tony's.

First of all, the song changes are better for the most part. I saw it early in t

re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
 Apr 8 2009, 03:22:51 AM
They sold them at 6:30. Sorry for the confusion, I meant that, by 5:30, there were enough people there for all the tickets.
re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
 Apr 7 2009, 05:31:07 PM
My friends got there around 4:30 and were second on line. Rush seats are OFFICIALLY side orch seats, partial view. The BO said you can't see the back corners of the stage, so it' s not too bad. It can be anywhere from front of the orch to back of the orch. They had 38 tickets available for today and they are already gone. Rush is filled up, according to my friend. This is supposed to be the official rush for the rest of the run.
re: 9 to 5 First Preview
 Apr 6 2009, 01:31:45 PM
When I first heard about the show, I wasn't that excited. Having gotten the opportunity to see it in LA, I am not in love. It is such a good show and I think word of mouth will spread and ticket sales will improve. I wish they would announce a rush policy though, I'd really like to see it again soon!
re: Joanna Pacitti on Idol
 Feb 5 2009, 05:23:47 PM
Joanna Pacitti is a plant on Idol. I love her and I think she is super talented and very pretty, but she's been feature on many soundtracks. She had a song on the Legally Blonde 2 soundtrack and she had her OWN ALBUM, which was very good and had a hit single called "Let It Slide." You can find it under "Joanna" on Itunes and I suggest downloading all of it, if not "Let It Slide" and "4th of July." But she shouldn't win Idol or even get far. She's been given too many chances and this connect
re: Donna Vivino to Take Over Elphaba in WICKED Tour
 Dec 2 2008, 03:43:33 PM
I recently heard audio of the newest Wicked tour cast.

Although I'm biased, Richard Blake sounds FANTASTIC as Fiyero andMeredith Kay Clark (understudy i think?) sounds pretty kickass as Elphaba. I'm seeing the tour in Detroit in a few weeks...has anyone seen them live that wants to weigh in?

The GLinda and Nessa sound a little weak, but it's hard to tell from hearing just a few songs...

re: Donna Vivino to Take Over Elphaba in WICKED Tour
 Nov 10 2008, 06:11:29 PM
Richard Blake starts as Fiyero on the first national tour on November 18th, I believe.
re: richard blake as Fyero? come on
 Oct 20 2008, 01:27:49 PM
It was mentioned in the thread about LB closing which is how people know.

Also, Richard Blake is only 33 and since Norbert (according to IBDB) is almost ten years older than him, that would mean that he was older than Richard when he was playing Fiyero...

re: richard blake as Fyero? come on
 Oct 20 2008, 12:57:21 PM
First of all, MassofMen, if you're going to attack someone for a role, at least spell the role right. It's FIYERO.

Second of all, I run his official website and it is true. However, the press release probably won't come out until he officially signs his contract, which I believe is happening in the next few days.

He's slated to start in Minneapolis, although I think he may be doing the last few shows in Georgia. This could all change, but it seemed to be pretty set in ston

re: Legally Blonde FINAL PERFORMANCE
 Oct 20 2008, 12:54:44 PM
In reference to Christian not stage dooring, yes it's disappointing to the fans who come, but from what I've heard, he has issues with people and large crowds in general, so last night's stage door would have been a nightmare for him. And he wasn't the only cast member that didn't stage door, so he shouldn't be singled out for it.

Richard as Fiyero...I've always felt that Norbert looked WAY too old to be Fiyero and he originated it.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn'

Oct 20 2008, 01:51:40 AM
Fiyero is the lead male role in "Wicked" correct?

I know the show is centered around Galinda and Elphaba, but I was merely indicating that I was happy to see him get the main male role since his last two shows have had him playing a secondary character.

winter, yes he was both Mark and Roger in "Rent" as well as Radames and Link, but his last two shows have had him playing the jerk boyfriend and I just meant I was thrilled to see him play the good guy again since I didn't get

Oct 20 2008, 01:03:43 AM
That was honestly one of my favorite lasts that I have ever attended.

I was worried that the cheers would be a bit over the top and would detract from people's enjoyment of the show, but the whole audience was pretty respectful. There was a lot of entrance applause and it was really nice to see many members of the ensemble get the applause they deserve. But there was really no times when the cheering was out of control or inappropriate.

I am not the biggest fan of Bailey. I

LB
 Aug 25 2008, 01:17:05 PM
Adam, I'm sorry I don't. Perhaps have someone ask one of them if you know someone attending the show soon?
LB
 Aug 22 2008, 02:41:33 AM
Richard Blake will be out next week. He's on vacation.

re: Autumn in Legally Blonde ?'s
 Aug 11 2008, 10:41:01 PM
I heard Autumn had ot be taken out of the jumprope number...
LB
 Aug 10 2008, 02:46:36 AM
I really want to catch tiffany.

As a heads up, I know Richard Blake has been out this week and isn't sure when he will return. He's very sick.

re: Finally saw Bailey in LB tonight
 Aug 10 2008, 02:39:40 AM
If CHristian Borle is phoning it in, just because Laura is gone, that is completely unprofessional and I hope that's not the reason . An actor should never let personal issues interfere with his performance.

The UPS guy is essentially scripted to receive large cheers. He gets his own entrance music and struts across the stage to it...any audience would cheer for that. That being said, I haven't heard anything good about Ven, but I'll reserve judgment for when I finally see him. I

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You