News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for soulman83

soulman83 Profile Photo
Member Name: soulman83
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Future Soul Man of Broadway!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER  Jun 26 2007, 08:20:49 PM
It was THE MOST INCREDIBLE GAH GAH GAH!!!!! THEY BOTH SMASHED THE HELL OUT OF THAT SONG!!!!! THey all smashed all that bullcrap about holliday hating her. whatever! IT WAS BRILLIANT!!! i thought it couldnt get better!
Katie Clarke on Tour  Mar 21 2007, 11:14:11 PM
I AM THRILLED! i saw kelly but i enjoyed katie on pbs. kelly clearly has the stronger voice but...

YAY!

re: Von Smith singing AIATY on THE VIEW  Feb 27 2007, 12:54:12 PM
Its not falsetto. Its a mix. Really no different than marty thomas or anyone else who has a very high voice. I prefer his version compared to marty's i think. Also, Some of those high notes he is doing with chest voice. I like him. He is flying and all we can do is comment on how well. looks good von!
re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'  Feb 25 2007, 11:23:55 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! PERFORMANCE!!!
re: 'Jennifer Holliday too!'  Feb 25 2007, 10:47:33 PM
I have to admit that i am beyond thrilled for hudson for being so beautiful and gracious! What a phenominal voice and even i have to give the girl credit! beautiful! YAY!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! thank god there is place to say congrats! to the myspace page!

re: How Do I Get My Voice Back?  Feb 21 2007, 11:00:49 PM
yeah i got laryngitis about a month ago and i would say i finished recovering about a week ago. it was very stressful and it takes a lot of time, especially when you are a singer. Not being about to sing for a month was awful. It will come though.

Everyone gave wonderful suggestions so just give it time and follow what people are saying.

re: BWW TV EXCLUSIVE: One Night Only - Effie Meets Effie Preview  Feb 17 2007, 04:29:50 PM
"snarky logic."

"Bitchy little grump"

I am allowed to think whatever i want to think and caling me a Bitchy Little grump" is far from cute. i will gladly admit that i could lay off hudson. I mean, i dont think she did baaaaaaad. One comment from me on hudson however doesnt come close to comparing to the 100's of cheap shots about Ms. Holliday on this board. deal with it. i know i do.

Besides all the nastiness towards me, there were several valid points on how Hudson is

re: BWW TV EXCLUSIVE: One Night Only - Effie Meets Effie Preview  Feb 17 2007, 03:30:47 AM
What in the world makes her such an expert? she probably had 800 takes on that movie soundstage and...STOP..lol...wooo jennifer?
re: Jennifer Holliday to Perform at The Oscars Pre-Show  Feb 15 2007, 01:27:11 AM
Thank God! Hopefully Hudson will sit out there and learn something! This is the greatest news ive heard all week!
re: Beyonce sings Listen live on Grammy's  Feb 11 2007, 10:13:36 PM
Um, did anyone else notice it seemed to be in a lower key...because i did. this is the second time ive seen her do that. on oprah she did it in the original key. still she was pretty fabulous...
re: Holliday is Rooting for Hudson to Win Oscar  Feb 6 2007, 07:50:08 PM
ugh this is becoming so old and so lame. the movie was great, the stage show with holliday was better. can we please move on? knocking holliday is pointless...she never knocked hudson...
re: Smokey Robinson Slams 'Dreamgirls'  Feb 5 2007, 10:21:05 PM
I feel like when we have threads about dreamgirls, Margo needs to come along and just put it all into perspective and shut it down! GAH

re: Holliday is Rooting for Hudson to Win Oscar  Feb 5 2007, 10:10:19 PM
I feel like people took her saying that she hoped to play the role the wrong way. i never got the feeling that she meant to play the role at the present time but at a time before when she was younger and could have very well played the part in a movie version. Who wouldnt want to recreate that magic? get over it. The woman is a fierce living legend and i am glad she is being supportive. It was nothing personal towards hudson in the first place.
re: Composers you want to hear more from . . .  Feb 4 2007, 06:21:23 PM
Ricky Ian Gordon, Guettel, Lachuisa, Flaherty & Ahrens
I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!  Jan 15 2007, 10:20:39 PM
oops sorry about that! it was bound to happen though. still i am sorry about that.
I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!  Jan 15 2007, 10:11:50 PM
She Wins and then dedicates it to Florence Ballard and yet not acknowledge holliday? are you kidding me? i am done...
re: MargoChanning's Best of 2006  Jan 5 2007, 04:24:16 PM
Margo, I didnt notice anything about Color Purple. Was there nothing to love? No Felicia Fields?
re: Holiday VS Hudson  Jan 3 2007, 07:40:15 PM
Margo has spoken...No need to continue this. Completely over it.

re: Holiday VS Hudson  Jan 3 2007, 12:53:06 AM
Is this happening? i have to agree with MrMidwest...but seriously, i am mildly over this discussion. i think...
re: Did anyone see Jennifer Hudson at Hammerstein?..Comments  Jan 1 2007, 11:15:22 PM
Can she sing And i am telling you live like she did in the studio? I cant wait to find out...

Nobody is up for the demand of that song except for HOLLIDAY. loves it. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You