Holliday and Hudson STUNNER

silent
#1Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/26/07 at 8:10pm

Both women just duetted on "And I'm Telling You" on the BET Awards and they killed it! Amazing!

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#2re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/26/07 at 8:11pm

Doesn't Holliday despise Hudson, though?

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

soulman83
#2re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/26/07 at 8:20pm

It was THE MOST INCREDIBLE GAH GAH GAH!!!!! THEY BOTH SMASHED THE HELL OUT OF THAT SONG!!!!! THey all smashed all that bullcrap about holliday hating her. whatever! IT WAS BRILLIANT!!! i thought it couldnt get better!

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#3re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/26/07 at 8:26pm

Some of the sounds that came out of Holliday's throat weren't too pleasant. At least it was exciting to see them both on stage together.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

i.heart.link Profile Photo
i.heart.link
#4re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/26/07 at 8:53pm

is the video up anywhere?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#5re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/26/07 at 9:06pm

It came on without any intro to start the BET awards. I was on the phone and scrambled to tape it. I have it from the middle to the end. Mo'Nique wasn't as good this year as she was last year in my opinion.

Just give the world Love.

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
#6re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/26/07 at 9:10pm

Sorry I missed this. Hope a clip turns up on the site that shall not be named.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#7re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/26/07 at 9:17pm

They are rebroadcasting the entire show on Friday, Sunday and Wednesday. The duet opens the show.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#8re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/26/07 at 9:54pm

I know im a broken record- but were there any Hairspray commercials during the telecast?

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#9re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/26/07 at 10:47pm

One or two. A special one for BET with a voiceover by Queen Latifah

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#10re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/26/07 at 11:08pm

When into the program do they perform? I missed the first 7 minutes. HELP!

MerMaggieGalinda
#11re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/26/07 at 11:09pm

Wow, I can't wait until a clip comes up of that, I can't even imagine how powerful those two together might sound.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#12re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/26/07 at 11:19pm

They open the show. No intro, it just starts. I went back and looked at it. They were ok. The ending was a bit off but they pulled it off. Jennifer Hudson introduced Holliday as the original Dreamgirl. They ended with their hands clasped together in the air on the last note and then hugged each other.

GhettoBway Profile Photo
GhettoBway
#13re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/26/07 at 11:34pm

YES THAT WAS A PERFORMANCE NOT TO BE MISSED YES HONEY HAS TO BE ALL CAPS.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2dxuz_jennifer-hudson-jennifer-holiday-20
It was great

IM BLACK AND IM PROUD
Updated On: 6/26/07 at 11:34 PM

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#14re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/26/07 at 11:43pm

chills.

Was that Ms. Ross in the closeup? I couldnt tell.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#15re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/26/07 at 11:46pm

Wow! That gave me chills. Holliday still has it.

I loved that.

shakejake6282 Profile Photo
shakejake6282
#16re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/26/07 at 11:48pm

That whole award show was wonderful great performance like that and the Diana Ross Medley was wonderful!!!

wonderful voices...... i wish i could sing like that

"Operator, you have obviously never been trapped in a Chinese opium den!" - Thoroughly Modern Millie

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#17re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/26/07 at 11:49pm

re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER

re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

chino Profile Photo
chino
#18re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/26/07 at 11:55pm

That is the SHOWDOWN!!!!

God, I am still out of words!!!!

BRAVA to both.

fishergirl819 Profile Photo
fishergirl819
#19re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/26/07 at 11:57pm

I enjoyed that, but I don't really get why Holliday ends all of her phrases with "HA!"

"I'm not wakin' up tomorrow morning, HA!"

It's very distracting.

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#20re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/26/07 at 11:59pm

What's with the blond hair on JHo?

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#21re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/27/07 at 12:01am

^ Well Holliday always did that with the song. Even on Broadway.

Did Hudson mess up on that one part? She went to the "tear down the mountains" part but then quickly went to the "Stay with me, stay" part. And then Holliday sung the "Tear down the mountains."

Seemed like a minor flub.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#22re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/27/07 at 12:05am

I noticed that too, Ljay.
It was quite a great performance though and they both proved to really "have" it.
People can say what they want about Jennifer Holliday but her vocals are so unique, I really hope she finds her way back to the spotlight without the craziness or the overdeveloped ego.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

thejcm Profile Photo
thejcm
#23re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/27/07 at 12:12am

I am the happiest little broadway queen inside right now.

That was a definite showdown, but both women held their own. Holliday definitely still has it, and I'm sure she won't disappoint next month in Atlanta

"Who says you can't bend over backwards and eat bugs if you want to? I guess the bugs would probably say you can't do that that, but assuming that they are willing and consenting bugs, then there's no problem. Let's wig out eating bugs." -RuPaul

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#24re: Holliday and Hudson STUNNER
Posted: 6/27/07 at 12:20am

Wow! Holliday's last "You're Gonna Love" was just out of this world!! Right now I don't care about Hudson's career. She needs to play Effie in a revival on Broadway, pronto.

Videos