News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theatrespaz

theatrespaz Profile Photo
Member Name: theatrespaz
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BOOK OF MORMON SEATING ADVICE
 Apr 9 2011, 12:27:26 PM
I'm using telecharge and I never know how truthful they're being :) It doesn't seem to have any caution tape about the seat...
BOOK OF MORMON SEATING ADVICE
 Apr 9 2011, 12:06:33 PM
I'm being offered Row G in the Right Mezz, seat 6, which appears to be all the way against the wall. I have no problem getting this ticket, but I'm curious since it's so far to the side if it will be an obstructed view...does anyone have any insight into this?
Brian d'Arcy James Return to Next to Normal
 May 17 2010, 10:29:00 PM
Show just got out and it was incredible. Breathtaking performances all around and a very enthusiastic response from a fairly (I think) sold out crowd. I loved it. Brians emotion was just laid out on that stage.
 May 17 2010, 09:13:41 PM
Wow is all I can say. I have nothing to compare it to, but Brian is doing a great job. Powerful vocals and wonderful acting. And I would love to kill the person who had their cell phone go off during the Diana/Gabe duet.
 May 17 2010, 07:53:54 PM
At the theatre as well in the front row of the mezz. I have no idea what to expect. This is my first time seeing the show. Have to admit I was looking forward to seeing Alice Ripley, but this will be a unique experience. Have seen several industry people already including the director Michael Greif.
re: re: 'Memphis' Lives in Us: The Official Love Thread
 May 3 2010, 05:46:37 PM
Thanks Wayman...I went with the row F seats in the orchestra and I'm really excited to see this show. I'm just looking for a good time at the theatre and this show seems to deliver on that.
NJPAC 2011 Broadway Series
 May 1 2010, 02:32:38 AM
But $800,000 is much more than their weekly operating costs, which means the tour is incredibly profitable.

That's a generalization. For Los Angeles, maybe it made something of a profit. But most markets are bringing in far less. Meaning the tour is not being considered a success. Weekly operating costs for a tour are much different than a sit-down production. Most markets on the Legally tour are bringing in $300,000-$400,000. Reviews in most markets are not good and road p

Apr 30 2010, 07:50:11 PM
Major markets that I'm aware of such as Los Angeles, may be reporting decent numbers, but compared to their venue size are still considered disappointments. Los Angeles barely filled to 60% capacity over 8 performances. A few other smaller markets were reporting 50% and under capacities. But yes, a handful (4-5 max) markets were able to get to 90% capacity. And the bottom line is only as important as compared to the actual gross potential of a theatre. So $800,000 may seem like a lot, but n
 Apr 30 2010, 07:30:49 PM
I'm not sure the reasoning. But road grosses have not been kind, many venues reporting half-empty houses.
 Apr 30 2010, 07:17:35 PM
I can tell you right now that the Legally Blonde equity tour has not been performing up to many people's expectations. It is far from making any kind of "mint."
re: re: 'Memphis' Lives in Us: The Official Love Thread
 Apr 27 2010, 12:23:54 AM
I haven't seen this show yet, but I've read some really great stuff on the show. I want to see something with great music and this looks like it would fit the bill. This will be my seventh show as part of my 5-day show week in May. I'm using a discount offer off Broadway Box for the tickets and I'm not sure which seats are considered best for this show. I'm being offered rows D & F, 5 & 7, two seats in from the aisle. Farther back, Row O on the aisle in Orchestra OR Mezzanine seats, fifth r
Getting from Lend Me a Tenor to Andrew Jackson
 Apr 25 2010, 12:54:01 PM
Anyone?
Getting from Lend Me a Tenor to Andrew Jackson
 Apr 24 2010, 01:28:02 PM
I'm flying into NYC next month and I already had purchased my tickets to see a Sat. Mat performance of Lend Me A Tenor. If I catch a cab, can I make it to Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson for a 5pm curtain on Saturday? Thanks!
American Idiot discount code
 Mar 23 2010, 04:11:36 PM
Thank you Yero and Average...

I went ahead and grabbed the two tickets in G, 10 & 12, and I feel much better now with your responses. It was too good an offer to pass up.

American Idiot discount code
 Mar 23 2010, 12:05:31 PM
Thanks so much for posting this. I was hoping one would pop up sometime this week.

Now I have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer. The only time I've been in the St. James was for The Producers and I was high up in the Mezz. I would love to sit on the floor for this show. I'm being offered tickets in Row G either 10 & 12 or 9 & 11. Not sure if the side is good in this theatre. Can anyone offer opinions if these are good seats? I really appreciate the help on this one, t

Hard Time Deciding
 Mar 19 2010, 07:44:22 PM
I have watched some video for Memphis and it didn't appear very compelling to us. I do love original music though. Maybe what I saw wasn't very representative. A Little Night Music certainly sounds intriguing due to the performers, but I don't have a strong reason to go just to see them. I love new, compelling plays, but I'm not sure about Red. I know the artist's work and I am not a fan and I've seen Alfred Molina in Fiddler and thought he was horribly miscast in that. Since Hair no longe
Hard Time Deciding
 Mar 19 2010, 10:42:23 AM
My wife and I haven't been to NYC in a couple of years and have finally finalized some dates to go in mid-May. We're trying to decide on the 7th slot and having some trouble. We do plan on seeing:

Promises, Promises
American Idiot
The Addams Family
Lend Me a Tenor
Fences
Next to Normal (hopefully it will still be open wit Alice in the role)

We can't decide between the litany of other shows that will be available then. I think we'd prefer a musical and nei

re: Most and/or longest uses of strobe lights in a single production
 Sep 11 2008, 04:49:39 PM
MM- That is so true. When I saw Young Frankenstein in Jan. and saw that effect, I thought that it was a blatant rip-off of Parson's original work. The Parson piece is infinitely better though, much more daring and extremely difficult to pull off perfectly.
re: Most and/or longest uses of strobe lights in a single production
 Sep 11 2008, 01:42:20 PM
The longest that I've ever seen is...

Caught by Parsons Dance Company

The whole piece uses a strobe light and it lasts about 6 minutes, but it's amazing. It's not technically Broadway, but the lighting designer for many of David Parsons pieces has done a lot of work on Broadway.

From the website:

David Parsons’ unforgettable signature stroboscopic tour-de-force, features a solo dancer defying gravity and flying above the stage. Described by one critic as “one

re: a catered affair rush?
 Jul 7 2008, 03:40:23 PM
I rushed for the first Thursday matinee (July 3) performance and was able to get the tickets the night before. The seats were front row center mezz on the aisle. Great seats and a beautiful, haunting show. They are $26.50 a ticket.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You