News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mikey2573

Member Name: mikey2573
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What's going on with ATC (you know, that OTHER bulletin board)?  Aug 20 2023, 11:45:36 PM

Whenever I try to go to the board I am asked for my username and password.  I haven't been asked to log into ATC in probably ten years (I was logged in automatically) and I can't remember what I used as the password.  And none of my "regular" passwords work.  There is no "Forgot Your Password" link for them to send me an email to reset my password.  Is this happening with anyone else? 

Ahmanson's Broadway-Bound(?) THE SECRET GARDEN announces further casting  Feb 26 2023, 11:44:29 PM

"Yes, the score for The Secret Garden is beautiful, but the book is pretty weak."

For the record, the original production of THE SECRET GARDEN won three Tony Awards, one of which was for Best Book of a Musical (Marsha Norman).  

"In the musical, the scenes in India go on and on,"

In the actor's edition of the script for THE SECRET GARDEN, the India scenes are the first four pages.  By page 5 we are at a train station in Yorkshire.&nb

Ahmanson's Broadway-Bound(?) THE SECRET GARDEN announces further casting  Feb 21 2023, 10:30:21 PM

The recent Fifth Avenue production mentioned in this thread, with Daisy Eagan as Martha, is on Youtube. 

The original production was beautifully directed by Susan H. Schulman, who was able to find comedic moments that were not in the script, while still making the show incredibly moving.  I've always found TSG to be very problematic, because if you don't "read between the lines" of the script, and if you don't find moments of levity, you will end up with

Shows this Season with Children  Feb 3 2023, 12:53:30 AM

LEOPOLSTADT has children in it.  As it has been open for quite a while, it is possible that some of the children have outgrown their roles and are being replaced. 

Why hasn't Patti LuPone played Dolly?  Jan 2 2023, 09:50:49 PM

I agree that Lupone just does not have the warmth to play the role.  Dolly requires heart and tenderness and vulnerability, qualities that Lupone simply does not have. 

Why Have We Only Had One Broadway Revival of THE SOUND OF MUSIC?  Dec 18 2022, 10:13:08 PM

I have always wondered, if you put MY FAVORITE THINGS as the song Maria sings with the children during the thunderstorm (as it is in the film), then where do you put LONELY GOATHERD? You can't do a marionette show like in the movie without it being VERY expensive. 

plz.. I really want to know who sing the Solo part of "Sound of Music reprise" in Original Cast recording album  Oct 1 2022, 12:42:25 AM

I was in a regional production of THE SOUND OF MUSIC many, many years ago and I played Kurt Von Trapp.  According to the score we had for that production, Kurt sings the solo part of the children's portion.  I sang it in that production.   I have seen many productions where Kurt sings the solo part.  However, I have also seen productions where it was sung by Leisl or Louisa as well.  But I believe that in the score the part is given to Kurt.  So the pers

Souvenir Program?  Sep 18 2022, 08:33:41 AM

I saw it this past July and they did not have a souvenir program. 

2022 Live NBC musical?  Aug 18 2022, 09:28:41 AM

It would be nice if they went back and did an old classic family show like OLIVER! or THE MUSIC MAN. 

Cast announced for Netflix movie musical adaptation of 13  Aug 18 2022, 12:35:34 AM

I never saw the stage show so had nothing to compare it to.  That being said, I thought this film was really awful.  Was I supposed to care whether Evan was going to be able to get the "cool kids" to come to his Bar Mitzvah?  Talk about irrelevant.  And the whole look of the film was very fake and phony; this did not seem to be taking place in any real-world school that has ever existed.  Everything so perfect, from the inside of people's houses, to the

Stage door-ing for dear Evan Hansen (important)  Aug 6 2022, 09:02:04 AM

It appears that each show has a different stage door policy.  I know Hugh Jackman comes out and greets the crowd and will even stand in the background of your selfie without getting too close.  But, no one at The Music Man is signing anything at the stage door.  Billy Crystal, however, does come and sign Playbills as long as you are wearing your mask.  But at Dear Evan Hansen you will just get a wave and the cast is quickly ushered away.  

Who is going to Gaten’s first show tonight ?  Jul 21 2022, 09:48:06 PM

I saw his second performance (Wed. matinee) and he was very good in the role (as I knew he would be).  He is not quite as "smart assy" as others I've seen, so his Jared was a bit more likeable.  As it was a matinee I saw Mateo Lizcano as Evan and he was awesome; incredibly moving as is the whole show.  The poor lady sitting next to me was really falling apart during 'So Big, So Small'.  The entire cast was wonderful.  I overheard some younger peo

Nutty Professor at Ogunquit Playhouse  Jul 14 2022, 10:41:53 PM

I saw it on Sunday.  It still needs a lot of work.  The main character is overshadowed by the female lead which makes the show seem off-balance.  It's called "The Nutty Professor", not "The Nutty Professor's Girlfriend".  Her initial song is stronger than his and she sings it better.  His song needs a stronger ending.  She also appears to have more stage time than he does since much of his time is devoted to his transformed and obnoxio

Les Miz Question / Scaled Back Production?  Jul 6 2022, 08:50:19 PM

I am not sure if I would consider it to be a "scaled down" version of the show, as it is still big and impactful.  It just has different staging than the original.  It still has a large and impressive set, there is still a baracade, just without the revolving stage.   I still prefer the original staging with the turntable as it was so beautifully done, but I  like this newer version as well.  Some of the staging hits different dramatic moments than the

MUSIC MAN tickets while Hugh is out  Jun 19 2022, 09:40:22 AM

I noticed that the tickets for today's matinee of THE MUSIC MAN (minus Hugh Jackman) are still between $300 and $600. Is this so the half-price discount for tickets they send to TKTS will be $150 to $300?  Has anyone bought seats for the show from TKTS?  If so, how much were they? I always thought those high priced tickets were PREMIUM priced and that they dropped to regular price the closer it got to showtime, so the seats were filled.  Is $300 a seat now considered "

The 75th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 12 2022, 08:26:07 PM

Did Tom Hooper direct Hugh Jackman's MUSIC MAN segment?  They certainly went in for that "Les Miserables" closeup!  And why would THE MUSIC MAN just perform their curtain call? We've seen that curtain call all over YouTube!  I wish they'd done "76 Trombones" as it appears in the show, or maybe even "Shipoopi".  I was really looing forward to THE MUSIC MAN's performance and I was disappointed. 

DEAR EVAN HANSEN Sets September 18 Closing Date on Broadway  Jun 8 2022, 07:56:21 PM

If the producers were smart, they'd bring back Rachel Bay Jones, put in a really strong Evan, and then film the show with Gaten in as Jarrod.  Then, wait a year and put it on a streaming platform like Netflix.  It would bring in more revenue, and it might wash away  the nasty taste the movie gave people.  

Gaten Matarazzo Joining Broadway’s DEAR EVAN HANSEN  May 25 2022, 04:33:09 PM

Yes, I was hoping this would happen.  But that is only 50% of my call.

Now to make my call become 100% they need to cast Joshua Colley as Evan. 

Anthony Edwards stepped into Role to stop Covid cancellations  May 15 2022, 10:56:31 AM

Radio host Howie Carr out of Boston appeared in the John Travolta film A CIVIL ACTION in 1998, in a very small role (he was onscreen for literally less than five minutes), and he still jokes on his radio show every time he gets residuals from the film, sometimes it's a check for a dollar and some change. 

Also, I am acquainted with the Rebello family of Martha's Vineyard. Chris Rebello (who is sadly no longer with us) played Mike Brody, Chief Brody's (Roy Scheider) son

New Replacements For Broadway's DEAR EVAN HANSEN Revealed  May 5 2022, 11:34:51 PM

I was really hoping they would cast Joshua Colley as Evan.  He is such a great actor and has an incredibly rich, nuanced singing voice.  But, with a permanent Evan starting in Sept., and the show really not selling well, I feel it may be one of those shows that closes in Jan. So it looks like I may never see Josh in the role, unless he joins the tour or he does a regional production once the tour shuts down.  I think he is 19 right now, so there are still a few years where he would be viable in the role.  I am still hoping to see it again in New York.  (I last saw Piser in the role and he was fantastic!) 

Joshua Colley sings "For Forever"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AOOrk3gjuA

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You