News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Nathan_Lane_Rules!

Member Name: Nathan_Lane_Rules!
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The gay connection to theater?
 Jun 30 2009, 02:18:55 PM
darquegk: I don't mean to say that somebody can make a choice to be gay or not to be gay. I just believe in a nurture over nature philosophy concerning homosexuality. I don't think babies are born gay. Or straight. I think society molds people. And theatre is what molded my subconscious into thinking, "maybe this is a possibility".
re: The gay connection to theater?
 Jun 28 2009, 11:07:10 PM
It's been years since I've posted, but I find this topic to be very interesting.

I'm 17 years old and fell in love with theatre long before I realized I was gay. While I do fit into the stereotype of being a theatrically obsessed homosexual male, I think my path into that stereotype was different from most. I almost think that it was my exceptional connection to the art of all kinds of theatre, and therefore my connection to those affiliated with the theatre community, that subconsciou

re: My Video
 Jul 29 2008, 10:34:46 AM
bump
My Video
 Jul 28 2008, 11:29:37 PM
I know that this might be just a bit off of topic, but I'm going to perform the song I am singing in this video at a cabaret next week and I would love to hear what broadway fans think of it!

Please leave some comments if you have ideas!

Thanks!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4pwDP2z8sdo

To Buy or Not To Buy
 Feb 18 2008, 08:27:57 PM
Hey Guys--

It's been a while since I've posted!

I'm planning a trip to New York for my spring break, from March 20th to the 24th. I have five slots for shows and I want to see November, Sunday, Gypsy, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and South Pacific.

If I am going to the city on a Saturday I usually try to buy a ticket ahead of time for the night show so I don't have to worry about going to TKTS during the matinee. I have found average discount deals for ok seats on that Satur

re: Stuck
 Jun 17 2007, 01:54:49 AM
that's what I was thinking with curtains too...

Saw Sarah Ruhl's A Clean House and loved it, but read eurydice and wasn't impressed. Maybe I need to see it performed??

Ok, so lets plug Curtains into one of the slots...

Stuck
 Jun 17 2007, 01:39:59 AM
I'm stuck.

Going into the city next week and I'm planning to see 4 shows.

I've already bought tickets to Frost/Nixon and 110.

I've seen:
Spring Awakening
Grey Gardens
Mary Poppins (london, but same production)
Company
Inherit the Wind

Also, not interested in anything that has been running forever!

Can you guys please help me?

I usually know exactly what I want to see when I go. But I'm stuck!

Curtains? Talk Radio

re: Grade the Tony Musical Performances
 Jun 11 2007, 01:07:22 AM
munk- We definitely saw the same broadcast...there isn;t one thing that you have said that I don't agree with
re: Grade the Tony Musical Performances
 Jun 11 2007, 12:39:36 AM
munkustrap178-- agree with you 100% about 110. By far the best performance. Surprises me that other users aren't raving about it...

Ebersole is tired, and who can blame her? She is incredible...

Mary Poppins was ok- laura michelle kelly was so fabulous in London and based on that performance, Ashley Brown seemed forced and plain. Though I do love Gavin...

Am I the only one that was freaked out with Company's performance? I think John Doyles dissatisfied face during th

110 MZ
 May 18 2007, 09:53:13 PM
How is sitting in the mz for 110 in the shade? I'm trying to decide if I should buy a discounted mz seat now or take my chances at tkts. I'm there in the end of june.
re: COMPANY (Not Just One Singular Sensation)
 May 18 2007, 05:53:40 PM
that's disgusting. I wonder if he will have a piano at least. No? But seriously. that sucks.
re: Seating Question
 May 18 2007, 04:14:01 PM
BUMP

Would the action be hard to see from the very side of row a?

re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
 May 18 2007, 04:11:31 PM
Hey... does anybody know if I can buy one of these tickets without physically being at the box office?

re: What to do?
 May 17 2007, 07:43:37 PM
thanks!

any other opinions?

What to do?
 May 17 2007, 06:51:48 PM
Ok-- going to NY for 4 performances in late june.

I've narrowed it down to 5 shows.

110 in the Shade.
Curtains.
Frost/Nixon.
Talk Radio.
LoveMusik.

Which one should I cut?

Thanks!

Seating Question
 May 16 2007, 10:03:34 PM
I know all of you hate these. but I'm doing it anyway.

At the jacobs theatre would a seat in row a on the very side (seat 9) be better then a seat on the side aisle maybe 15 rows back?

thanks!

re: A London MP Poster...
 Apr 21 2007, 02:48:27 PM
I can't believe that they replaced the original London logo with the Broadway logo.

The original was so cool!

Inherit the Wind On-Stage Seating
 Mar 26 2007, 08:26:02 PM
Hey Guys!

Going to NY tomorrow. YAY!

Just wondering if anybody has sat in one of the stage seats and if so how was the experience? How often to the actors play to the back? Can you hear?

THANKS!

re: My Trip
 Mar 20 2007, 11:40:03 PM
me? nope stuck in Denver. ha!

Got Little Mermaid coming though!

Think I'll plug Company into one of the slots.

The three straight plays I'm deciding from are Journeys End, The Year of Magical thinking, and Inherit the Wind.

Any ideas as to availability at tkts? The tkts sit has not updated their "at the booths" page in quite some time.

Also anyone sit in a courtroom seat at inherit the wind yet?

My Trip
 Mar 20 2007, 11:15:58 PM
I'm going to new york next Tuesday through thursday. The only show
I know I'm seeing is Grey Gardens and I want to see Spring awakening.

I want to see one other straight play and one musical.

HELP! please...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You