News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for moorfx

moorfx Profile Photo
Member Name: moorfx
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tituss v. Andy Cohen  Jul 29 2019, 08:24:48 PM

Andy didn't ask Tituss to comment on Eddie Murphy's past behavior. He asked what is what like to work with him now. When Tituss didn't take the bait and say something negative, Andy twisted his little blade and brought up how Eddie used to be "problematic with the Gays". 

Tituss stayed in the present and again stated how his interaction with Eddie Murphy during filming was positive. Andy is messy and that's his claim to fame. Serving tea can be campy fun

FOSSE/VERDON  Jul 29 2019, 07:55:15 PM

ChgoTheatreGuy said: "This show has changed my opinion of him, and not for the better. I had no idea that he was that conniving and duplicitous."

Mission accomplished

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1jvg-f_8_K0

The Cher Show to close August 18th  Jun 28 2019, 09:23:27 PM

GavestonPS said: "The title character of MAME ages at least 20 years over the course of the play. We overlook that with an actress of 50, but with one over 70?

Maybe Cher can play the last threescenes as a cryogenically frozen head, though that will make "That's How Young I Feel" difficult to stage.
"

To be honest, Cher's current 'face' is only about thirty years old. If anything, she's too young, which would make That

Hiddleston, Cox led BETRAYAL Transferring to Broadway  Jun 28 2019, 04:54:55 PM

everythingtaboo said: "F*cking hate AMEX presales. Because I don't have one. So now I have to wait two weeks for the scraps the AMEX folks didn't pick up and immediately put on Stubhub."

I bought two tickets via Amex for Aug 17th center orchestra. Since I'm also seeing Moulin Rouge 8/15 and Sea Wall/A Life 8/16, I'm pretty sure my friend will have theater burnout and won't want to go. I haven't even told her yet so it's quite possible that

The Cher Show to close August 18th  Jun 26 2019, 12:13:19 PM

evic said: "Maybe it would have run longer if she were dead. Face it it was a glitzy Las Vegas Show. A fun evening but no appeal if you weren’t a Cher fan."

Donna Summer has been dead for seven years and Summer: The Donna Summer Musical only ran for 289 performances. The Cher Show will eclipse that number by exactly seven. Perhaps, as others have said, if the living breathing Cher had been more involved in the show's promotion, it  might have appealed

FOSSE/VERDON  Jun 3 2019, 04:20:29 PM

In theater, sometimes the best critique is simply ‘it didn’t work’.  It’s a lukewarm appraisal given when all the elements are in place for something spectacular to happen but the result falls short of expectations.  For me, Fosse/Verdon didn’t work.  The talent was there, the story was there, and the production values were top shelf; yet at the end of the mini-series I felt underwhelmed.  And mostly because of the depictions of the two leads.

FOSSE/VERDON  Apr 18 2019, 12:44:56 PM

Someone in a Tree2 said: I keep wishing Sam Rockwell could meet her more than halfway. His dance moves are fine, but his essence is missing the sweet winking come-on that is always present in Fosse's interviews. The Fosse accent with its Chicago overtones and week r's is also missing. 

I agree 100% regarding Rockwell's performance. Initially I thought the casting was perfect and I really wanted to like Sam Rockwell as Bob Fosse but it feels like

Burn This Previews  Apr 10 2019, 12:15:25 AM

NievesG said: "theaterdude2 said: "like you, many people have been calling Adam Driver's performance, among other things,sexy. I know they are talking about his acting, but physically, does he where any sexy costumes, or show any skin onstage etc? asking for a friend."

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
Yes,
"'FOSSE/VERDON' COMING TO FX"  Apr 10 2019, 12:01:45 AM

Watching Fosse/Verdon is like reading a book for the first time where I know all of the characters, I get all of the references, and - spoiler alert! - I know how it ends.

I was living in DC when Fosse died and I saw Donna McKechnie three days later in Sweet Charity.  Earlier that year I'd seen the Cabaret revival at the Kennedy Center and many years before that I saw Dancin'. Yet, Bob Fosse to me was still the guy who'd made Liza an Oscar winn

Today's Tennessee Williams' Birthday. What's your favorite quote of his?  Mar 27 2019, 07:00:13 PM

Don't hang back with the brutes!

Two show days: what do you do in between them?  Mar 24 2019, 12:04:34 PM

I visit NY several times a year. Weather permitting, I've done the following:

Take a walking tour.  There are dozens available from food & bars to museums & landmarks to art & architecture; there's always something knew to learn.

Ride the subway. The Bronx Zoo, the unisphere in Queens, Coney Island, etc, are accessible without being exhausting. 

On those cold and rainy days I treat m

Bad Shows With Good Concepts  Mar 24 2019, 11:11:45 AM

As soon as I saw this thread, Nick & Nora was the first to come to mind. How can you take a swinging 1930s couple with wit to spare, art deco luxury, martinis, murder, and Asta - the dog of the century! - and produce this bore? 

Burn This Previews  Mar 24 2019, 10:58:16 AM

Burn This. March 22nd, center orchestra, row Q. Long review, apologies.

I saw the original production in 1987 and while I liked the performances, I quickly forgot about the play. It lacked the wow factor of dramas such as M. Butterfly and I didn't think it warranted a revival. I was somewhat wrong. Even though I liked the play better this time (simply because I don't remember it being this funny),  it's still the performances that

What happened to Chaz in The Cher Show?  Dec 7 2018, 08:16:02 PM
When they handed Cher the Chaz doll, all I could think of was Carol Burnett in As The Stomach Turns dropping babies in the trash can.
THE CHER SHOW Previews  Nov 16 2018, 03:44:18 PM

Saw the evening show on 11/6, right orchestra seats with a packed and very enthusiastic audience.  The musical is entertaining but 90% of that comes from the fact that Cher has been an unstoppable force for six decades. Overall, I thought The Cher Show was an uneven look at what has been a very interesting career.  As presented on stage, The Cher persona had to compete with three versions of herself so she never seemed fully realized. Also, there was too much Sonny Bono and far

KING KONG Reviews  Nov 16 2018, 02:35:31 PM

I only went to see how they'd pull off animating a giant puppet with any degree of credibility and in my opinion, they more than succeeded.  The impressive spectacle of King Kong running through the streets was enough to make me forget the completely out-of-place choreography and weak songs.  The Ann Darrow character never once showed fear - she couldn't even scream! - so it was hard to care about her. However, the true tragedy of this musical was not King Kong fal

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You