News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MadAboutTheBoy

MadAboutTheBoy Profile Photo
Member Name: MadAboutTheBoy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  Apr 30 2024, 09:30:24 PM

KJisgroovy said: ""Ticket prices are ranging $29 - $71.50. How is this a deal?"

The standard orchestra ticket is 102.50 during the week. The code makes them 75$
"

Ahh, I see. Thank you for clarifying.

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  Apr 30 2024, 08:25:51 PM

BalconyClub said: "To quote BARNUM, there is a suckerborn every minute."

What on earth? What am I missing?

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  Apr 30 2024, 07:34:42 PM

BalconyClub said: "Use code SECRET to score $75 seats. Good for many performances during the run. Code also works at the box office."

Ticket prices are ranging $29 - $71.50. How is this a deal?

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  Apr 30 2024, 04:37:56 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "MadAboutTheBoy said: "Jordan Catalano said: "The show posted the images online"

Thanks, Jordan. Can you kindly direct me to the source, please? I don't see it on their site and I've googled but come up with zip.
"

It’s on their instagrampage
"

Thank you! I see it was just posted this morning. I can't wait to see more images!

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  Apr 30 2024, 04:06:48 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "The show posted the images online"

Thanks, Jordan. Can you kindly direct me to the source, please? I don't see it on their site and I've googled but come up with zip. 

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  Apr 30 2024, 02:44:57 PM

jacobsnchz14 said: "

Jacob, this set is amazing! How did you get this picture?

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  Apr 3 2024, 05:54:22 PM

I'm really excited for this! I see Rob Lake from AGT is designing the illusions. I wonder if this may be an indication of what we might see illusion-wise (forward to around (9:31): 

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  Feb 2 2024, 04:09:51 PM

Beauty is in the vial of the beholder (I hope the link works!):

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwnFJTEpeEJ/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA%3D%3D

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Mar 22 2020, 12:32:26 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Hahaha. Just watched the video (you posted the same video link twice) about 10 times to see WHERE on Earth you saw cars driving backwards. Every car seen in this footage is driving forward."

Sorry about that. I posted the wrong link. Here's the correct on ( at the 1:06 mark): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s7nD6PAg_m8

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Mar 20 2020, 10:01:10 PM

I found these, which are pretty interesting:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ufbzDR8Yv9w

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ufbzDR8Yv9w

But in the second one, at the :20 and 1:35 marks, does anyone know why they're driving the cars backwards during filming?

P.S.  Sorry these aren't hyperlinked.

Transgender Performers on Broadway  Mar 20 2020, 10:04:56 PM
Is M. Collins Conley the one that plays "Sexy Corn"?
Adaptations You Would Like To See?  Jan 6 2020, 06:14:39 PM

1. A musical adaptation of the Coen Brothers' film "The Hudsucker Proxy."

BEETLEJUICE Previews  Dec 29 2019, 09:17:43 AM
So the Maitlands don't visit the Underworld at all? Is this to shift the focus from them as protagonists to Lydia?
CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 29 2019, 09:12:35 AM

CarlosAlberto said: "sherie_worshipper said: "CarlosAlberto, what a brave and beautiful thing to do. Sometimes I remember why I love this community. Thank you."

You’re welcome...and thank you
"have

Bravo. Good for you for doing this. 

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 17 2019, 03:50:10 PM

Isn't it strange that there aren't any reviews of this yet?
P.S. This is scaring me.
Cats musical film taylor swift 2019

Marilyn Monroe's Singing Voice  Oct 9 2019, 01:34:40 PM

I heard the song "Bye Bye Baby" from the musical "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" last night on Sirius FM Broadway, and it struck me what a beautiful singing voice Marilyn had. She sang in that very stylized, affected 50s Hollywood style, but she had a beautiful vibrato and trill to her singing.

People seem always to debate the virtues (or lack thereof) of her acting, but people rarely comment on what a stellar singing voice she had! I happen to think she was a brilliant

FAYE FIRED  Jul 24 2019, 05:03:45 PM

Just curious: If she ended her contracted run, how was she "fired"?

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Jul 21 2019, 06:11:00 PM

One question that's been on my mind for years: Has the cat who gets chosen to go to the Heavyside Layer (Grizabella) expended all of his or her nine lives and so then goes into permanent retirement, never to be seen again? And what happens to the other cats who are not chosen? Or is the Heavyside Layer a regenerative limbo between each of a cat's nine lives? Why is the Heavyside Layer a desirable place to be?

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Jul 20 2019, 09:05:46 PM

MikeInTheDistrict said: "MadAboutTheBoy said: "Is the concept any more ridiculous than that of many other fantasy,sci-fi, or live-action musicalfilms?"

To me, personally, it is. The standard for realistic effects in sci-fi or fantasy films is very high these days. One of the most important parts of sci-fi, both in written and film/television form, is world-building. There has to be a plausible explanation for the laws of the universe in which the charact

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Jul 20 2019, 08:50:26 PM

MikeInTheDistrict said: "sueb1863 said: "They don't look anything like the stage costumes. The stage costumes had wigs which hid the actors' human ears and made the heads look more like cats' heads. They should have done that here, because these heads look like normal human heads without ears which is one of the reason they look so bizarre.

And they should have used makeup to make the faces look like cat faces. At the very least they could have drawn a

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You