News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ruprecht

ruprecht Profile Photo
Member Name: ruprecht
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The Evita Revival  Aug 24 2009, 10:48:37 AM
That would be your opinion Winston and I respect that but she was not a slot filler in any way. She's one of the only actresses that year that received all THREE award nominations and I'm sure the DD and OCC nominations weren't slot fillers either.

You don't have to like Orfeh's work but it resonated with the nominators and audiences in a big way. And going off of how long it's been since LB closed and how often Orfeh's still obsessively talked about here, I'd say she resonates with pe

re: The Evita Revival  Aug 24 2009, 09:03:05 AM
"I'm sure Orfeh would be the first to admit she's a singer first and an actress second".

SomethingWicked, you certainly know a great deal about Orfeh's every move in musical theater, so I'm sure you'd know what her personal assessment of her talents would be as well. To my knowledge, she auditioned for the last Maureen exactly once and over the course of Rents run, many times, so if you're going to spew "facts" about Orfeh's day to day schedule, at least get the details right since it's

re: If Evita came back to Broadway (which it probably is) who would you cas  Jul 26 2009, 10:17:38 AM
I haven't posted on this board in so long I forgot my password. The ugliness re: Orfeh unbelievably still goes on and it's always the same people saying the same crap which just goes to show you how important she still is to some. I made a promise to myself to never get involved again, I've made good on my word but this is a topic worth coming out of board retirement for and one I have always been very vocal about, Orfeh=Evita.

I don't care if she's 50 and Evita comes back to Bway, sh

re: The Belters  Aug 25 2008, 10:51:43 AM
Orfeh's an obvious answer as are the already mentioned Sara Ramirez, Sherie Rene Scott and like her sound or not, Eden Espinosa is definitely one.
re: Photos : A TALE OF TWO CITIES  Aug 21 2008, 03:41:27 PM
Oh, Eug. PLEASE do it! Show us how witty and clever you are! How you are the freakiest of the freaky fans. PLEEEEEEASE.
re: Tiffany Engen  Aug 19 2008, 06:36:06 PM
If you liked Leslie Kritzer in the role, you'll like Tiffany Engen. She pretty much does it EXACTLY like Leslie down to her riffs in the opening number and all the moves she does in the beginning of Bend & Snap. If you could compare them on the forbidden site, you'd know exactly what I mean.
re: Finally saw Bailey in LB tonight  Aug 10 2008, 10:52:30 AM
It really doesn't matter, it just matters that Orfeh makes the song a million times better than it could be and like another poster said, get's laughs where there really shouldn't be any. I've heard this past weekend has been understudy central. I was thinking of going to the matinee but I'm worried it will be a repeat of yesterday.
re: When is Christian Borle leaving Legally Blonde? And how can I meet him?  Aug 10 2008, 10:48:47 AM
allmy, I don't generally get on you about your Blonde madness and the hours you log in shilling with or without any compensation but you're really out of line with respect to your thoughts on stage dooring. I've said this on just about every thread about this redundant topic but no actor is in any way obligated to come out and sign after already giving their all in a show. Some do, some don't and it shouldn't reflect, in the least on how you feel about that person. If you're so hell bent on it
re: Finally saw Bailey in LB tonight  Aug 8 2008, 08:02:57 PM
Ven er I mean Johnny, I'm only responding because you chose to single me out of all the literally dozens of posters who think "ven" is not that great in LB. I was actually a bit nicer about him than most but it's almost a unanimous feeling. Maybe less time reverse shilling would be a good idea.
re: Finally saw Bailey in LB tonight  Aug 8 2008, 09:35:29 AM
Orfeh's never not incredible and judging from the number of people doing Ireland on the forbidden site, obviously she makes people love the song. I credit that more to Orfeh than to Ireland itself. There will never be a better Kyle than Andy Karl anywhere but Matt Risch and Jason Gillman were both AMAZING compared to Ven Daniel who is pretty unwatchable IMO!
re: Bailey - and just be analytical  Aug 6 2008, 09:37:01 AM
b3 when exactly are you going to outgrow your asshole phase?
re: Bailey exiting Blonde?  Aug 6 2008, 09:35:17 AM
Why don't we all gather round after the first of the year and see who was right and who was wrong. i'm siding with wannabe myself. What will allmylife and songanddance do with all their spare time?
re: Simon Pegg LOVES Bailey!  Aug 5 2008, 09:37:58 PM
At least he made fun of that blob Haley Duff.
re: Bailey - and just be analytical  Aug 5 2008, 09:34:22 PM
"I know the key was lowered for Bundy too. What does that have to do with Bailey being able to hit it. If they were comfortable with Bailey hitting it in the original key 8x a week, I'm sure they would have tried it. Unless the key change is permanent for the show."

Ljay, the key change is permanent and was from the moment they did it for LBB.

Bailey as Elle: One Week Later...  Aug 3 2008, 08:24:53 PM
One more time for those who don't actually read entire threads since it was *just* pointed out, it's O.R.F.E.H.
I don't even get the mistake especially if you have the playbill, just sayin'.

re: Across the Universe.  Aug 2 2008, 10:07:18 AM
Not that this will ever happen but take my word for it, if any of you had seen Orfeh in Love, Janis you'd never mention Dana Fuchs again.
re: LB Rush, honestly?  Jul 27 2008, 10:47:47 AM
The craziness has definitely died down over the last couple of months. I don't think you'll have any problems.
re: is 36 years old too late  Jul 27 2008, 10:45:47 AM
DG, you are my hero!
re: Bailey's first without the 6 pages ragging on her Bio...  Jul 25 2008, 11:57:45 AM
"Orfeh's scenes with Bailey worked effortlessly and looked right but that's more a testament to Orfeh making adjustments for Bailey, at least that's how it looked to me".

That's precisely it Foster. Bailey's energy is so so different from Lbb's and Orfeh seems to be the only one not "put upon" by it and has made a seamless transition.

re: Andy Karl's replacement  Jul 25 2008, 09:05:45 AM
A few of my friends went last night and said Ven was awful and that he didn't even get a chuckle in the trailer scene.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You