News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JamieMcG

JamieMcG Profile Photo
Member Name: JamieMcG
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.Jamiemcg.com
Blog Address: http://jamie.broadwayworld.com

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Loves the 80s Vol 5!
 May 10 2009, 01:47:09 AM
Hey everyone,

Wanted to drop you a line and let you know that Sunday's concert is going to be incredibly fun. Rehearsed all day with the unreal singers. This volume is going to surprise everyone - whole lotta choreography, some hot nearly naked boys and the amazing music that defined many of our childhoods!

Hope you can make it..

A little teaser...

call 212-539-8778 for tickets...

Lots of fun and prize

re: Flopz & Cutz
 Feb 9 2009, 10:44:14 PM
Hey there,

Hope you can make it! We have some great people lined up which I'll be announcing in the next week or so.

I don't think I even have set lists, but as I type, I'm looking through my old hard drive seeing what I can pull up for you...These lists are incomplete as I've lost some hard drives along the way! And this is actually Flopz n' Cutz Volume 5! And is happening on my 10th Anniversary of living in NYC! YAY! Again sorry for the incomplete lists!!! But you get the id

re: Review- Final Performance of Gypsy
 Jan 11 2009, 08:38:19 PM
Yeah, I'd clock it at 5-7 minutes at the end of Rose's Turn. She got a little upset at the end as people were shouting things out - someone shouted "Rose For President" which was rather awkward and that's when clearly her face said "enough" without actually stopping it.

I do have to say, the child in front of me was quite visibly terrified of Patti during Rose's Turn...as was I.

Everyone was pretty brilliant and having read some of the comments in past weeks about the actors sc

re: Joe Brooks' METROPOLIS
 Dec 3 2008, 12:11:35 PM
Mattbrain - you do shows at Company? I did Little Shop with them when I was 11 years old. That's where I first heard "You Are The Light" as well! Give Zoe and Jordie my love next time you talk to them! They rock!

And agreed - the score for this show is actually pretty great. Some amazing standouts song-wise. Have actually thought several times of putting up a concert of it if I thought anyone would show up! Then again, I think there are some really pretty songs from In My Life too.

Whitty Forgives Sacramento Artistic Director.
 Nov 11 2008, 03:49:33 PM
In a move I greatly applaud, Avenue Q writer Jeff Whitty has taken a pro-active step in this fight.

"Yesterday Scott made an apology that I find convincing and sincere. He backed it up with a donation to HRC. During our phone call, I sensed that there was some real ambivalence, even regret, over this issue, not necessarily related to his future at California Musical Theatre. While my activist side is saying, "Make an example of somebody!", I also would rather hold an unrepentant bigo

re: Artistic Director of California Music Theatre Apologizes for “Yes On Pr
 Nov 11 2008, 12:25:39 AM
"The law allows many private relations organized and defined as the private parties wish, but the institution of marriage between a man and a woman exists and is protected by law to promote fundamental social needs, including the perpetuation of society as well as the necessary link between husbands and wives and between parents and children for critical social needs. Not civil rights"

Liza...I am terribly sorry but under your definition, (and this is an argument that has been fought to

Letter from Susan Egan...
 Nov 10 2008, 11:10:29 AM
Subject: California Music Theatre - Scott Eckern

Dear Friends --

I thought you might be interested to know that Scott Eckern, Artsitic Director of California Music Theatre (Sacramento Music Circus) contributed $1000 in support of California's divisive Proposition 8, which eliminates (not just bans) the right for same-sex couples to marry and receive all of the emotional, economic, and social benefits that married couples often take for granted. Mr. Eckern's affiliation with CMT, as well as his title and the amount donated to legislate the lives of others, is public information that can be found at

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://antigayblacklist.com

Marc Shaiman, composer (most notably of "Hairspray", which was produced at CMT last year) has already contacted Sacramento's CMT and expressed his disgust with the idea that a theatrical organization, employing and making money from gay artists and audience members, harbors an executive who uses a portion of his income to publicly support hate legislation (my term). I believe Mr. Shaiman may have told them they would no longer be allowed to produce his work, and has contacted the creators of "Avenue Q" (to be produced in March of '09) to enlighten them.

I am deeply troubled by the news about Scott, as I have worked for and known him since 1993. I find his behavior hypocritical at best and, more likely, distressingly prejudiced. Many of you friends who, like myself, have worked for Scott might be floored to know this news. I think at this point I shall do my best to "out" him and any others like him. Folks who show (and make money) playing one game, but with an inner intolerance that denies everything our industry represents.

I have personally been in contact with Marc Shaiman to confirm all the information. In his words:

"Yes, it's all true! Of course, there is nothing much I can do since they've already done HAIRSPRAY, but the AVE Q guys (at least one of them) may do something, perhaps picket his own show! But, as I hope people realize, it is not really up to a writer to cancel a production that has already been licensed.

What I could do I did, which was to call Mr. Eckern directly and say what I had to say.

Reading this past week how people still actually think being gay is a choice (the only choice we make is not to lie about who we are) and that that one line from a beautiful book proves we are sinners (a book that also allows for the stoning of wives and of people who wear two different kinds of fabric at the same time), well, I am starting to feel that the only way to make people change is, I think, to now greet every person I meet and say "Hi, I'm Marc, God made me gay and I think that that He and I are both fabulous!" and leave the rest up to them."

Sacramento Music Circus holds a cherished place in my heart, primarily because of Leland Ball and the inspirational talents he would gather for his productions. I feel the spirit of Leland is lost under Scott's leadership. As a private citizen I choose not to support California Music Theatre while it operates under Mr. Eckern's tenure.

I support Marc Shaiman in his boycott of CMT, and hope others will follow -- as ticket-buyers, writers, musical directors, crew, designers and performers and more.

I feel compelled to write because I have heard from so many beloved friends the last few days. People who are in every way caring and generous citizens. Friends who are for the most part very quiet on the political front, who have had to awaken because of last Tuesday, due to their shock that their lifestyles are not "accepted" by so-called friends!! The irony of electing Obama and Prop 8 passing astounds me.

I am not ordinarily a political fighter, but I do believe in information for all, and let them decide. And more than anything I believe in "holding the space" for what is right.

In support of my gay and lesbian friends I find it a travesty that the entire arts community is not standing in solidarity for equal rights. Shame on Scott.

That our industry should be the first to raise money and awareness for AIDS to the result of awakening a country and world to the issue ... well then, marriage (and every other sort of) equality is a no-brainer ... and a duty and obligation.

I hope with this email to find others to "hold the space" with me .... full equality in marriage rights. If you should feel compelled to pass the information about Scott Eckern on to others .... by all means do.

Hoping for change .... still,

Susan Egan

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROB DIAMOND!!!
 Oct 31 2008, 08:07:10 AM
HERE'S TO A HAPPY HAPPY HALLOWEEN BDAY TO BWAYWORLD'S E-I-C, ROB DIAMOND! SHOW SOME LOVE KIDS!!!
Broadway Loves Joe's Pub Nov 2.
 Oct 20 2008, 01:48:24 PM
Hey Everyone,

Haven't posted in a while, but in case you didn't see the press release for Broadway Loves Joe's Pub, check it out!

We have a great line-up, some fun audience giveaways, auctions, etc...and it all benefits the experimental side of Joe's Pub that allows them to take more risks on up and coming artists in the future.

Also...some of you may notice that there are three former stars of The Secret Garden Concert from a few years back. I don't want to give anyth

re: Broadway Loves the 80s Vol 3!!!
 Aug 26 2008, 11:33:56 AM
Hey everyone,

Hope you're as excited as I am - this should be another fun one. Hope to see you there!

Jamie

Aug 11 2008, 10:30:15 AM
Hey there,

Here's the running order for anyone who's interested...

Nikki Renee Daniels - Aint Nobody

Natalie Weiss - One Moment In Time

Nick Adams - I Just Died In Your Arms

Casey Clark - Hold On To The Nights

Kenita Miller - So Emotional

Chris Dilley - Sister Christian

Adinah Alexander - I Wanna Know What Love Is

Michael Urie & Becki Newton - TV Medley

Anthony Rapp - Faith

Eden Espinosa -

Aug 11 2008, 09:13:24 AM
Hey there!

Thanks for coming to the concert last night...I haven't had that much fun in a long time! I'm glad you enjoyed it too!

As for Shindle...we all were bummed since she turned it out in the first one singing Alone. She's pretty amazing, but she went and caught this gross cold that's going around and has missed a couple Legally Blonde performances this weekend, so we all agreed that it's better for her to get well for the big ticket audiences at the Palace!

Hope

Broadway Loves the 80s Vol 4!!!
 Aug 9 2008, 01:08:22 AM
Hey guys,

Hope you're all doing well. Just wanted to let you know that I'm really excited for this weekend's Bway Loves the 80s concert. Hope many of you were able to snag tickets. I wish everything I did sold out as quickly as this one.

For those of you that are coming, let me just tell you that you're in for quite a treat and some really amazing unexpected surprises.

If there is anyone out here who has suddenly realized they cannot make it for some reason, plea

re: Flopz 'N Cutz tonight
 Apr 7 2008, 04:32:39 PM
Hey there,

Glad you had fun last night! We had a lot of fun putting it together.

It's always really difficult when performers back out because of illness or other commitments, etc. And certainly a challenge at the last minute (which is why I have a lot of compassion for the organizers of tonight's Sondheim concert).

Here's the list that we had backstage...bwayrocks got it mostly right which is more than I could say for myself last night!

Thanks again for comin

re: What do you want to hear???
 Nov 14 2007, 03:15:36 PM
There is SO much good 80s music, so I think we have at least one more Broadway Loves the 80s in us, if not more. But we'll see about mixing it up.

Who are some performers you'd like to hear do specific songs? i.e.-I want to hear Cheyenne Jackson sing "Everything I do, I do it for you."

or Laura Bell Bundy singing Paula Abdul's "Straight Up."

re: Local 1's
 Nov 14 2007, 03:08:39 PM
Oh, elphaba.scares.me, I'm plenty chillaxed. And I totally understand what you're saying. It was a very difficult/awkward situation for everyone involved. And someone had to improvise quickly.

Again, I support the union for making the decision they did with it, but it would seem like the press release and using the "saving the day" argument was politicizing the event and the children helped by the organization. That's really my only issue with it. And again, I'm chillaxed as can be, esp

re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
 Nov 13 2007, 09:19:56 PM
Hey guys,

just wanted to let you know that Rob Diamond, who was at the concert last night, posted our running order in the Broadway Pulse - check it out!

Nov 13 2007, 02:11:50 PM
Hey there,

I think the organizers did what they had to do. It's possible that the event was not the first thing on the mind of the League.

However, I'm having a little trouble figuring everything out because it would seem the League and the Union should have known about the event for quite a while before the event happened. So I think the organizers shouldn't have had to call anyone about it to beg that it be done.

I suppose if the organizers called the League and the

Nov 13 2007, 01:46:25 PM
Guys, I agree completely that there are local 1 members who are indeed very generous and willing to do charity work. My concerns were more with the fact that when I personally approached the local 1 reps at the spaces I was hoping to do events in, I was flatly told "No" and "They don't do that," when I asked about contacting people even inquiring about the possibility of their members volunteering their time or working for a cut-rate.

And on top of that, when it's far from a usual occur

re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
 Nov 13 2007, 10:39:48 AM
No, Jamie-Lynn was there and an absolute sweetheart to work with. She sang "After All" with Mo Rocca.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You