News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Fosse76

Member Name: Fosse76
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update  May 3 2024, 08:34:56 PM

Impeach2017 said: "Has anyone ever asked themselves whatever became of Norma after the shooting? Now that is a sequel I'd like to see!"

She was committed to an institution, where she insisted they were making a musical movie version of the story. 

Only 3 have swept all the Theatre Awards  May 2 2024, 03:18:20 PM

Wick3 said: "FLarnhill said: "Zeppie2022 said: "I was wondering how Nathan Lane did not win all awards in 2001 for "The Producers". I did not know until I looked that the "Theater World" award is for performers making their NYC stage debut. I now understand why only three people have swept all these awards."

What's impressive is that these people have swept in their debut.
"

I agree but remember back then Actor's Equity rarely gaveforeign actors the opportunity to perform in NYC. They usually had to do an exchange or have a compelling reason to allow the foreign actor to perform on Broadway. In these cases, all 3 foreign actors were already well-established actors when they made their Broadway debut.

I remember back in late 1990s when Hugh Jackman was in the Oklahama! revival in West End, producers wanted to bring him to Broadway but Equity denied the request. Production eventually did go to NYC and starred Patrick Wilson.
"

That's not exactly correct. Cameron Macintosh and Trevor Nunn wanted to bring over the entire London cast,  claiming to be too busy to rehearse a new cast.

https://playbill.com/article/actors-equity-denies-london-cast-of-oklahoma-us-visit-com-79630

What Next For The Majestic?  Apr 21 2024, 04:00:19 PM

They are really behind schedule.

Seeing a show when you're not feeling great  Apr 21 2024, 03:52:12 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "As an audience member, especially in a post-covid era, there are few things more distracting –– and disrespectful to the actors and fellow ticketbuyers –– as someone attending who is coughing or sniffling during the performance.

Medicate within an inch of your life or stay home!
"

Some people have chronic coughs, and sniffing can also be attributed to allergies. Get a grip. 1

Show That Have Sat Down  Mar 25 2024, 03:06:52 PM

jpbran said: "BalconyClub said: "Chicago also had sit downs of Cats, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, Miss Saigon, and Ragtime.

Outside the Loop, there were long-running productions of Pump Boys and Dinettes at the Apollo, Forever Plaid at Wisdom Bridge, and Coed Prison Sl*ts at the Annoyance Theatre.
"

Forgot about Joseph! (despite the incessant 90s ads! haha) Are the others sit-downs or just

Why don’t actors share roles on Broadway?  Mar 1 2024, 02:58:56 PM

dramamama611 said: "It's also a problem if putting " part time " work out there. Most actors can't afford a part time salary, and one that has no benefits."

Considering they only work part time, they already get a full-time salary. Name other, more deserving professions, for which this is true.

Palace Theatre  Feb 25 2024, 05:29:19 PM

It's been up for a few weeks now.

Donny Osmond returning to JOSEPH  Feb 21 2024, 05:09:25 PM

I don't really get the criticism. He played Joseph 2000 times over a five-year period in one production nearly 30 years ago. It's not like he's spent his life doing this one role/show. And he's not coming back into the lead role. How many times do people on this board dreamcast actors who originate one role in a show return to that show in another role? 

THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews  Feb 20 2024, 11:53:46 AM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "Maryann Plunkett was out (again? has she missed many of these previews?)"

She didn't perform at all last week. 

What Next For The Majestic?  Feb 16 2024, 09:41:58 PM

Though it's actually behind schedule, the Majestic is "near completion" according to info (and a few pics) sent to Shubert employees. They also confirmed a digital marquee is being installed.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 12 2024, 08:43:53 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "It’s hilarious how a 1 minute montage teaser trailer of a 4 hour plus 2-part film is being dissected. Entire performances are beinganalyzed based on 2-3 second audio and video clips. My favorite is the comment that Michelle Yeoh’s acting is fantastic when the few 1 second footage we see she’s basically emulating an expression (her audio is used as a voiceover). I’m surprised no one has said how insane Bowen Yang looks in the trailer and how hisglance at Glinda is layered with so much information and he’s definitely winning every award for his few minutes in the film.cheeky"

You mean the trailer you said wasn't going to show any film footage?

Harry Potter  Feb 3 2024, 01:45:27 PM

You'll have a full view. The stage is pretty wide, so you don't miss anything. 

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024  Jan 25 2024, 05:33:38 PM

I received a mailer the other day with a discount code. Valid though March 2025! I said they priced the show too high. Now that they've run out of suckers willing to the pay those obscene prices, they are reducing and discounting.  

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Jan 25 2024, 03:00:59 PM

QueenTwinnied said: "rattleNwoolypenguin said: "Rentaholic2 said: "rattleNwoolypenguin said: "Who is going to pay money to see a Wicked film that doesn't feature Defying Gravity?

"

Huh? Are you talking about Part II? Because DG ends Part I - it's literally the reason they cited for breaking the movie into two parts.

"

That is exactly what I mean. Part II is not going to have Defying Gra

Broadway Sunset Will Be Open Ended Run  Jan 21 2024, 10:30:02 PM

I guess we don't care about the age-appropriateness of the actresses mentioned here.

Broadway Bar Price Comparison Project  Jan 20 2024, 04:16:07 PM

Wick3 said: "I think food/bev pricing are determined by the vendors the theater group owner uses and not by the production."

This. The productions have nothing to do with the bar.

"I know some of them (Jujamcyn and Shubert?) you get a $5 discount for a second drink if you bring the same cup. I believe Nederlander houses don’t follow this rulebut I may be wrong."

Does Jujamcyn still do this? I know they had stopped after the pand

How to Fix the Broadway Model  Jan 18 2024, 02:10:16 AM

dangeresque49 said: "Why is no one talking about rent? "

I'm curious as to how much you think these shows pay. It's not the big expense you think it is. 

How to Fix the Broadway Model  Jan 17 2024, 04:06:55 PM

Jay Lerner-Z said: "Not all Broadway shows equate to an exquisite cut of filet mignon. Some are more like paying $300 for a Big Mac."

Every new show comes out of the gate pricing their show like they are the new Hamilton. So sales aren't that strong. Then they release discounts on the already too high prices, which are still too high. Then they quietly lower prices for the bad seats, but leave the good ones at still too high a price. Rinse and repeat.

WAITRESS: THE MUSICAL Film to Screen in Movie Theaters This December  Jan 4 2024, 11:07:24 AM

HeyMrMusic said: "I believe there is a rule against filmed live performances being eligible at the Oscars. So this might be living in a grey area for awards consideration."

There isn't. Or at least there wasn't for Hamilton. They simply declared it ineligible, citing a rule that gives them the power to determine eligibility. But they "justified" the decision by citing a rule that was specifically made up for the pandemic: Films must be made availabl

Harry Potter Cursed Child - One Show  Jan 4 2024, 10:49:29 AM

I think it works better as just the one part. It was heavily bloated as a two-part play. The beginning is rushed a bit, but I'd seen the original version so many times that I couldn't honestly say if it's noticeable to anyone who wasn't familiar with it before the cuts. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You