News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Fosse76

Member Name: Fosse76
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HATERS GONNA
 Oct 24 2024, 06:19:40 PM

greensgreens said: "The current revival of Mattress is the single worst evening I’ve ever had in a theater - including dinner, community, and most high school shows."

You've clearly not sat through the torturous crime against humanity that is The Notebook

Retro Playbill Covers to be distributed at every Broadway show in October, for company's 140th anniversary
 Oct 1 2024, 12:54:44 PM

ardiem said: "Anyone have any sense of how will these be distributed? I suppose we'll find out soon but I'm curious if it's one design per performance, all available each performance but given out randomly, or if there's some choice involved."

The designs are mixed together in the stacks sent to the theater. The usher hands you one from the stack. Done. They have been told not to rifle through stacks to look for specific designs,  you ge

Playbill Ceases Operations for Touring Productions
 Sep 25 2024, 05:28:09 AM

MatthewS1 said: "The Fox in St. Louis is indeed using Playbills for Back to the Future, which opened tonight. It must be up to the theater- very happy we still get them!!"

Why? The program is simply there to give you info about the production you are seeing (and advertise crap you don't need). Why does it matter which publisher prints them?

BUENA VISTA SOCIAL CLUB on Broadway
 Sep 16 2024, 12:48:14 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "I have a hard time seeing this becoming a Broadway success but I wish them well."

No star and no mainstream appeal. This will close by the Tonys or right after.

THE ROOMMATE Reviews
 Sep 14 2024, 02:49:42 PM

yyys said: "Mia Farrow is sick they said. 1 pm show canceled."

I was told it is Covid

Broadway Real Estate 2024-25
 Sep 12 2024, 10:25:44 AM

Broadway Flash said: "What the latest on the Schoenfeld?"

Buena Vista Social Club. Previews will begin in late February.

I personally don't foresee a long run for this. 

THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
 Sep 5 2024, 02:40:25 PM

While it's true that Broadway contracts are typically 1 year, that clock generally starts on the first day of rehearsal, not the first performance. 

McCollum is refusing to close the show. Dec. 15 is the latest it can close in order to turnaround the theater for its next tenant. 

Aug 30 2024, 01:17:08 PM

The8re phan said: "and Cats: The Jellicle Ball"

Would tgat even work in a Broadway house that isn't Circle in the Square?

Aug 30 2024, 11:35:26 AM

EDSOSLO858 said: "The Armpits rumor is Buena Vista Social Club, but we will see."

There is no mainstream Broadway audience for this show. Not even if they had a bankable star. It screams flop.

THE NOTEBOOK To Launch National Tour Fall 2025
 Aug 16 2024, 11:44:22 AM

RippedMan said: "Broadway is different. This will do well on tour."

True I guess. Broadway doesn't have subscriptions to force people to see this manipulative garbage.

THE NOTEBOOK To Launch National Tour Fall 2025
 Aug 16 2024, 10:16:01 AM

Alex Kulak2 said: "This show is absolutely going to print money on tour."

They can't even get people to buy tickets on Broadway.

Nicole Scherzinger writing musical 'Loosely based on her Life'
 Jun 30 2024, 05:11:29 PM

What's so interesting about her life that warrants a musical based on it? 

New Merrily Pro-Shot?
 Jun 22 2024, 06:10:47 PM

Springtime said: "Lindsay was out for the Wednesday evening show, but filming expected is expected to continue Thursday and Friday. Likely to be out for at least one of the Saturday shows."

That had to be costly.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 17 2024, 11:04:21 AM

CurtainsUpat8 said: "I think something happened last night which I have never seen happen before.

Alicia Keyes STOLE the song from Maleah. Maleah WON THE TONY. And the composer stepped in and took her best number. So we never got to hear the young lady who WON the award because the composer decided it was best she sing it. That was AWFUL. That was a disgrace imho.
"

I think there should be a rule that only members of the cast can appear in any musical perfo

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 11:11:28 PM

Has front of house ever been thanked so much at the Tonys. It's very refreshing.

DeBose was horrible.

Favorite lines of dialogue written to excuse or make sense of a lyric?
 May 17 2024, 03:15:27 PM

noahseestheatre said: "Was watching this 'Hairspray Live' clip and when Tracy all of the sudden is strong enough to break the bars in the prison, she has a line explaining it in a wink/nod as 'budget cuts', starting at5:35 in the video. Not sure if it's in the stage version, but I watched and immediately thought of this post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYpguaZcrjs"

No, it's not on the stage version. In the stage version, Link creates a MacGyver-esque blow torch using hairspray and a lighter to free Tracy.

Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
 May 3 2024, 08:34:56 PM

Impeach2017 said: "Has anyone ever asked themselves whatever became of Norma after the shooting? Now that is a sequel I'd like to see!"

She was committed to an institution, where she insisted they were making a musical movie version of the story. 

Only 3 have swept all the Theatre Awards
 May 2 2024, 03:18:20 PM

Wick3 said: "FLarnhill said: "Zeppie2022 said: "I was wondering how Nathan Lane did not win all awards in 2001 for "The Producers". I did not know until I looked that the "Theater World" award is for performers making their NYC stage debut. I now understand why only three people have swept all these awards."

What's impressive is that these people have swept in their debut.
"

I agree but remember back then Actor's Equity rarely gaveforeign actors the opportunity to perform in NYC. They usually had to do an exchange or have a compelling reason to allow the foreign actor to perform on Broadway. In these cases, all 3 foreign actors were already well-established actors when they made their Broadway debut.

I remember back in late 1990s when Hugh Jackman was in the Oklahama! revival in West End, producers wanted to bring him to Broadway but Equity denied the request. Production eventually did go to NYC and starred Patrick Wilson.
"

That's not exactly correct. Cameron Macintosh and Trevor Nunn wanted to bring over the entire London cast,  claiming to be too busy to rehearse a new cast.

https://playbill.com/article/actors-equity-denies-london-cast-of-oklahoma-us-visit-com-79630

What Next For The Majestic?
 Apr 21 2024, 04:00:19 PM

They are really behind schedule.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You