News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for teh_pretty

teh_pretty Profile Photo
Member Name: teh_pretty
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Online theatre classes
 Apr 26 2020, 04:41:30 PM

Yes, they are indeed.

I'm simply curious about what larger theatres across the country are doing the same.

Online theatre classes
 Apr 26 2020, 02:52:53 PM

There seem to be a handful of theatre companies offering online workshops, classes or seminars during this time, including Steppenwolf and Trinity Rep. Have you come across any others?

Sheridan vs AMDA (MT)
 Apr 10 2020, 03:24:50 PM

Sheridan.

Actor or Actress?
 Mar 27 2019, 08:51:05 PM

Actor. You don't call a female doctor a "doctress" or a teacher a "teachress."

Revamped "Evita" in Sydney
 Oct 17 2018, 09:11:30 PM

Honest question -- what is "revamped" about this production?

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
 Jul 16 2018, 06:54:47 PM

A few pages ago somebody suggested Ashley Park for Andy - I think she'd be an excellent choice. 

Musical Theatre solo song about leaving?
 Jun 24 2018, 09:59:22 PM

Goodbye For Now from Reds (written by Sondheim)

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
 Jun 10 2018, 08:16:32 PM

That Mean Girls performance was.... not good -- and that's coming from somebody who can't stop listening to the cast recording.

Sierra Boggess to play Maria in West Side Story in London
 Apr 23 2018, 09:14:51 PM

Tapping23 said: "So glad you corrected my grammar. Good on you. I just hope you stretched before trying to kiss your own butt for your percieved wokeness and garbage moral superiority.Youcompletely missed what I said first and projected your bs argument on me. This concert was not the show or a full reading of the show. I highly HIGHLY doubt she was going to do the accent but thank god you know and thank god you referenced the video she herself said was bad. If the issue is having a lati

Instincts vs. technique in an actor's performance
 Apr 12 2018, 09:02:43 PM

HogansHero said: "What you are really asking is if there are actors who let the seams show. The answer is yes."

That wasn't what I was asking, but thanks. The seams can show whether an actor is solely instinctual or using staunch technique, that's for sure.

I agree that both feed each other, and where one ends the other can pick up the slack. I have found it extremely interesting as I am working with a young artist who has never set foot on a stage and has no f

Instincts vs. technique in an actor's performance
 Apr 12 2018, 12:28:43 PM

Was having and interesting discussion with a friend yesterday, and thought it would be neat to hear others' perspectives. 

Can you tell when an actor is relying "on instinct" in their performance, or using their technique? How? Is one better than the other? (I'd argue a balance is needed). 

Can you think of Broadway actors who veer mostly toward one over the other?

Performers who SHOULD BE stars...
 Jan 10 2018, 09:36:22 AM

I was re-watching the gong show that is Smash for the first time since it aired, and was struck by their conversation that Ivy has all the skill, ability and by all accounts is 'right' for the role, but Karen Cartwright is a "star." 

It got me thinking - what real life Broadway performers have all the goods, but for whatever reason haven't reached peak level of Broadway Star? What is it that sets those people apart?

Christy Altomare and Ramin Karimloo discover their ancestry
 Dec 18 2017, 08:59:58 PM

Does nobody else find Altomare cloying?

Cabaret giving Playbills AFTER the show?
 Dec 13 2017, 10:07:29 PM

"Blackbird gave out playbills at the beginning of the show, but passed out understudy-like flyers at the end crediting the surprise third character."

Oh god, how gutting.

Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
 Jul 14 2017, 09:54:34 AM

And the new Victoria, Claire Rathbun, was also on the most recent episode of SYTYCD.

Broadway Lyrics with
 May 6 2017, 06:35:14 PM

Joseph's Coat from Joseph...Dreamcoat.

CAROUSEL Revival?
 Feb 23 2017, 11:50:06 AM

CindersGolightly said: "Mueller as Julie? Her Carrie was revolutionary, but her Julie....I'm in. Although I do feel like she's letting herself be typecast.

"

Really?  Mueller has proven herself to be incredibly versatile - Clear Day, Beautiful, Drood, Waitress, Carousel ...  I'd hardly label her of all actors as being typecast.

Great two-handers
 Sep 6 2016, 09:49:25 AM

Thank you for your great suggestions, all. I appreciate it!

Great two-handers
 Sep 5 2016, 07:17:09 PM

Hi all,
Looking to read a few great two-hander plays. I'm open and would be grateful to any and all suggestions. 

Leigh Ann Larkin
 Dec 26 2015, 07:09:29 AM

"...I agree Larkin herself was incredibly misdirected and gave a bit of a mess of a performance in an incredibly challenging, nearly impossible, role."

Forgive my ignorance - I know and enjoy Night Music, but certainly not as well or as deeply as others here. I've always wondered why people speak so direly of the role of Petra. At the risk of being laughed out of this thread, what makes the role so nearly impossible? 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You