News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jmfinny

Member Name: jmfinny
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

WAITRESS: THE MUSICAL Film to Screen in Movie Theaters This December  Dec 7 2023, 10:42:05 PM

I went tonight.  You definitely want to get there at showtime.  We were late due to popcorn by like 5 minutes and it was just starting.

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Dec 15 2022, 02:02:32 PM

ElephantLoveMedley said: "Sorry, but it’s gross and racist to call someone getting cast in a role a “backslide” because of their skin color."

This is quite the overstatement.  It's not gross or racist to express concern that a show that did a lot of publicity around having a diversity consultant come in and then hire a full-time lead as a POC.  If indeed Allie does join the cast, which is well-earned for her, let's hope that both h

THE MUSIC MAN Reviews  Feb 11 2022, 06:58:03 AM

These are definitely more brutal than I expected.  I personally found Hugh to be as charming and enjoyable as one would hope.  The production itself was fine.  So yes for the prices they are charging one would hope it would be a little zestier, but I certainly don’t think it warrants the sour reviews.  Jesse Green has been on tear lately.  Taking down every lead in a production one paragraph at a time.  

I personally think people want to

Company Previews Thread  Dec 2 2021, 11:42:45 PM

The show was great.  So many great performances.  Anisha really held her own and you wouldn’t know it was her first performance.  Considering the weight of understudying Patti, she really crushed it and her voice was strong.  A great version of Ladies Who Lunch.

The cast had a lot of fun tonight making jokes and references to all the set malfunctions.

Company Previews Thread  Dec 2 2021, 09:06:49 PM

She was doing great, but now the show has stopped twice due to technical difficulties.  The first time Christopher and Greg came out, vamped, told stories, answered questions.  It was unclear what the issue was that time.

the second time one of the moving set pieces started to crush as it was moving down into the stage.  Crazy.

it’s gonna be one long show…it’s almost like Patti doesn’t want the show to happen without her

Company Previews Thread  Dec 2 2021, 07:49:49 PM

Patti is out of the show tonight.  Anisha is going on for Joanne.  Will report back.

Wicked Movie Seeks New Director  Oct 27 2021, 12:52:08 PM

I'm pretty sure if she were to get the role, her agents would get her out of the CW show, or CW could move the show to premiere in the Spring and they could still shoot it.  I wouldn't consider this a nail in the coffin if she were to be the top choice.  Many ways to make this work and more complicated scheduling has been done.

Theater Seating Times  Oct 5 2021, 03:22:55 PM

I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I have my first show tomorrow night and based on the notifications I have received, I'm supposed to arrive 15 minutes before curtain.  I would love to sit down earlier and have time to look at my playbill.  Has anyone experienced being held at the box office for arriving too early?

Ben Platt on Netflix  May 28 2020, 02:45:41 PM

I enjoyed The Politician for the most part.  Not the worst show, definitely not the best.  I'm generally not a Ben Platt fan, but I think his personality works well for the character and his characters vulnerable moments felt more real than when Ben himself tries to be vulnerable.  What bugs me most about Ben and his singing is how instantly disconnected I feel from him.  His mannerisms of closing his eyes, moving his head around... his technique bothers me.  

Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20  Jun 19 2019, 04:19:57 PM

Maybe I'm out of touch, but I don't know if these names are really going to change the ticket sales much more than Shoshana Bean and Jeremy Jordan.  While these people are big YouTube names and Todrick has his cred from Drag Race/Kinky Boots too, I wonder how many fans are actually in New York.  I don't know if these are draws that will get people to travel.  It might nab a tourist or two that knows them on the TKTS line, but I don't know if that will beat out t

Funniest Performances You've Ever Seen Onstage  Jun 5 2019, 09:46:18 AM

Christopher Fitzgerald as Ogie in WAITRESS immediately comes to mind.  I remember having trouble breathing during some points of his performance and still laughing from his last funny line, or expression when he was on to the next thing.  

Musicals most people hated, but you liked  May 20 2019, 02:36:42 PM

I still often find myself loving The Wedding Singer cast recording.  I have fond memories of rushing that show multiple times during the summer.  

Lottery Ticket Prices These Days  May 14 2019, 11:37:41 AM

Is it frustrating?  Yes.  However, it's the way of the world.  An IMAX 3D movie viewing in NYC can cost you close to $30 now.  Inflation will always be a thing and so now the "cheap tickets" for a Broadway show have to follow suit.  It's all part of an equation and don't forget the running costs of these shows continue to go up as union's minimums go up.  I'll reiterate what others continuously say... "it's a business."

Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?  May 3 2019, 09:22:42 AM

I know this isn't the review thread, but since I aired my worries about Noah's casting on this thread, I figured I'd post my reactions from last night here, as well.  Noah absolutely blew me away.  He was hamming it up there, his vocals were on point an he had the audience in stitches.  Everyone was roaring during the curtain call.  

It was a great audience there tonight (except my row who had one person caught trying to snapchat some of the show an

Easy Rush  Apr 27 2019, 01:52:32 PM
I thought about King Kong but it honestly would’ve been my last resort. I was going to try Tootise, Pretty Woman and Beetlejuice first.
Easy Rush  Apr 27 2019, 01:38:23 PM
Be More Chill Orchestra B5 twenty five minutes before the show
Easy Rush  Apr 27 2019, 12:48:04 PM
Thanks! I didn’t even think of checking the buy/sell board. Great idea! Any other experiences?
Easy Rush  Apr 27 2019, 12:42:49 PM
I just ended up with cancelled plans from friends. Im not far from Times Square. I was curious if anyone had a recent east rush experience on a Saturday. Im not picky on the show and am just a single person. Preferably a musical. Im fine going to multiple theatres but would love some guidance as to where to go first. Should I just check Ticketmaster and see how many seats are left for some shows? Or is last minute tickets from Stub Hub the way to go?
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?  Apr 23 2019, 09:53:13 AM

I was a huge fan of The Real O'Neals, but not to much of Noah's credit...it was all Martha Plimpton.  He never really did much for me on the show.  I remember being angry with him after his comments, but not enough to stop watching the show.  I feel like enough time has passed.  He was young and he hasn't said anything similar recently - people do learn.  Not all people, but some people.  I'm hoping it was an isolated incident of gr

Did  Mar 22 2019, 10:22:10 AM

Is this news-worthy?  Not at all, however, I am going to side with the news story by saying he shouldn't have posted it.  Right or wrong -- It's just not smart business for his own brand.  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You