pixeltracker

Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20

Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20

lightsarebrightonbroadway
#1Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20
Posted: 6/7/19 at 1:13pm

Colleen will be joining the cast of Waitress as Dawn. Curious to see how this will go. 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#2Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20
Posted: 6/7/19 at 1:17pm

OH MY GOD FINALLY!!!!! Wanted her as Jenna, but this will be still great

FlyHigh523 Profile Photo
FlyHigh523
#3Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20
Posted: 6/7/19 at 1:18pm

She’s an excellent singer, I’m curious to see how she does!

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#4Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20
Posted: 6/7/19 at 1:18pm

Oh my god, that is perfect.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#5Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20
Posted: 6/7/19 at 1:22pm

Four weeks is a weirdly short run, though...

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#6Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20
Posted: 6/7/19 at 1:25pm

The show is produced by the Weisslers, so the run isn’t surprising. She’s great casting though!

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#7Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20
Posted: 6/7/19 at 1:26pm

Such amazing news! So happy for her! She’s finally made it to broadway!!

disneybroadwayfan22
#8Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20
Posted: 6/7/19 at 1:31pm

Her video announcement is everything!! She is indeed living her best life. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8LT7AZ9s_4

brettarnett Profile Photo
brettarnett
#9Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20
Posted: 6/7/19 at 1:39pm

I just assumed she was going to be Jenna. It makes sense, she's perfect for Dawn. I hope she does well.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#10Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20
Posted: 6/7/19 at 1:52pm

Aren't most of us Dawns who think we're Jennas?

seaweedjstubbs Profile Photo
seaweedjstubbs
#11Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20
Posted: 6/7/19 at 2:13pm

Whoa! I was just watching her Netflix special the other day and had the thought “I wonder if she’d ever do a show on Broadway?” Good for her! I’ve always found her so talented, both as a comedian and a singer. I think this role is perfect for her!

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#12Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20
Posted: 6/7/19 at 3:11pm

She’s an easy fit for Dawn, I was hoping that this announcement was for Jenna - or at least a longer run as Dawn.

Exciting nonetheless. I hope this show continues to bring in new faces and runs a while longer.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

VintageSnarker
#13Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20
Posted: 6/7/19 at 5:42pm

Um... okay? This is about the level of Noah Galvin for me. I won't see it again for her but if I had been going, this wouldn't turn me away. I do think it's smart to be stuntcasting these smaller roles and leaving Jenna for actresses who can handle the demands.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#14Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20
Posted: 6/7/19 at 6:21pm

I wish Lea Salonga would do Jenna. She's not too old for the role, is she? And man she needs a role which has more than just being royal or sad all the time.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

VintageSnarker
#15Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20
Posted: 6/7/19 at 6:29pm

Valentina3 said: "I wish Lea Salonga would do Jenna. She's not too old for the role, is she? And man she needs a role which has more than just being royal or sad all the time."

At 48, yes, probably. But really Jenna just needs to believably look like she could have an unplanned pregnancy and I think Lea still reads younger than she is on stage. But I don't think it will happen anyway.

Shh_413
#16Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20
Posted: 6/7/19 at 9:08pm

Valentina3 said: "I wish Lea Salonga would do Jenna. She's not too old for the role, is she? And man she needs a role which has more than just being royal or sad all the time."

I've seen interviews Lea's given where she mentions she doesn't want to play ingenues anymore at her age (if you could classify Jenna as an ingenue) but wants to tackle meatier, headier roles like Sondheim or something. She's doing Mrs. Lovett in the Philippines this year.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#17Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20
Posted: 6/7/19 at 11:28pm

Age aside, Id see it?

disneybroadwayfan22
#18Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20
Posted: 6/17/19 at 9:23pm

Colleen just announced on IG that there will be huge news on Wednesday, regarding "something she just recently announced." A new Ogie? Jack McBrayer since he just finished his UK run, perhaps? 

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#19Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20
Posted: 6/17/19 at 9:54pm

I'm sure Colleen would like a shorter run. She makes so much money as Miranda, Broadway must be a pay cut. I watched her Netlfix special and honestly, I thought it was very odd and inappropriate for the little kids in the audience. I enjoy a Miranda video once in the while, but the references were bizarre and having Miranda be pregnant and a virgin. Just made me cringe a little. Also, Colleen did standup before she became Miranda and she's talking about pregnancy and stuff and they keep panning to the audience and its these little girls, like 7 years old. It was weird. Maybe Im just too old to get it. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

disneybroadwayfan22
#20Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20
Posted: 6/17/19 at 10:08pm

Bettyboy72 said: "I'm sure Colleen would like a shorter run. She makes so much money as Miranda, Broadway must be a pay cut. I watched her Netlfix special and honestly, I thought it was very odd and inappropriate for the little kids in the audience. I enjoy a Miranda video once in the while, but the references were bizarre and having Miranda be pregnant and a virgin. Just made me cringe a little. Also, Colleen did standup before she became Miranda and she's talking about pregnancy and stuff and they keep panning to the audience and its these little girls, like 7 years old. It was weird. Maybe Im just too old to get it."

Colleen had a baby in December and she had a tough pregnancy, so the pregnancy jokes are parodying that. Miranda is supposed to be a bizarre character and from what I understand from the character, it would make sense for Miranda to be a "pregnant virgin."

brettarnett Profile Photo
brettarnett
#21Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20
Posted: 6/17/19 at 10:50pm

Re the huge news: Could her husband be stepping in to oggie during her run?

disneybroadwayfan22
#22Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20
Posted: 6/17/19 at 11:14pm

brettarnett said: "Re the huge news: Could her husband be stepping in to oggie during herrun?"

Oooooh, he would be a great choice! I believe they met on her Netflix sitcom. They did that with another Dawn/Ogie (Katie Lowes/Adam Shapiro)

disneybroadwayfan22
Megsamegatron Profile Photo
Megsamegatron
#24Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20
Posted: 6/18/19 at 7:31pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Looks like you're right,brettarnett!

https://twitter.com/WaitressMusical/status/1141054637207904257
"

No that’s Erich Bergen not Colleen’ husband Erik Stocklin in the photo. Erich was in last summer as the Doctor 

disneybroadwayfan22
#25Colleen Ballinger to Join Cast of Waitress on August 20
Posted: 6/18/19 at 7:38pm

^OHHH! Thank you! Still wouldn't be surprised. 

Videos