News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JSousa

JSousa Profile Photo
Member Name: JSousa
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: My brief random thoughts on Xanadu!
 Feb 17 2008, 12:48:33 AM
Please somebody respond if they have seen one of the guys go on as one of the "evil woman." lol. Im dying to hear what it was like.
re: Do you feel that Sondheim is a better composer or lyricist?
 Aug 22 2007, 12:32:09 AM
Im going to go with music. As stated before, each lyric is driven by the emphasis that the music puts on it. His lyrics are beautiful, but put to any other melody or underscoring would not compare. Also, his music is a challenge. Something that many people could not craft as beautifully as Sondheim does. Such as his use of time changes, modulation and layering. His music touches me much more then the lyrics ever could.
re: Xanadu/Zanna Don't
 Aug 19 2007, 12:58:23 AM
LOVE BOTH SHOWS! and it is agreed, Anika ROCKS! I am in a show right now with one of Anika's friends and she has been telling me stories and we talked about how ironic she has done Zanna Dont and Xanadu.
re: Carole Shelley to return to Broadway's WICKED
 Aug 15 2007, 10:13:43 PM
I too think that she is great in this role, but I too wish to see her in a different show. Back to Wicked for a forth time seems a little much.
re: Official AVENUE Q Tour Thread
 Aug 11 2007, 04:58:08 PM
I cant wait till the show comes over to the east coast. My friend is the drummer for the show and has assured me tickets and a backstage tour. :)
re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
 Aug 5 2007, 12:42:49 AM
I will be sitting onstage on the 14th of this month. I am excited. I will report back with my experience. It must be cool to sit onstage if there was a tech problem that stopped the show. Not that I'm hopping for one because that would be bad for the show in general.
re: MARA SHOWS OFF!!!
 Aug 3 2007, 10:05:48 PM
Ill wait till I see her to make any real judgment. She looks great, but I am not sure you can tell if she has "it" until you see number as a whole.
re: Anybody Seen Ashley?
 Aug 2 2007, 02:21:24 AM
Wait till the end of the summer. there are going quite a few big names with Lance Bass stepping in as well.
re: Fame The Musical
 Jul 31 2007, 03:51:51 PM
This show should not be done. My high school did it a few years ago. Despite how well it was done, it was a big joke to sit through.
re: BARE: A Pop Opera in NJ
 Jul 31 2007, 01:16:29 AM
Im going to try and make the 2 and a half hr drive to see this. I LOVE this show and have been dieing to see a production of it. But who knows, The last road trip I went on, my best friend got appendicitis.... Lol.
re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
 Jul 31 2007, 12:58:55 AM
Can you give an explanation as to why not?
re: Becky Gulsvig on today in LB as Elle!
 Jul 29 2007, 06:28:37 PM
I hope the show goes well. I agree that LBB needs a rest. When I saw the show a few weeks ago, you could tell that she was giving a strong fight to stay on her game. Break a leg Becky!
Plaid Cast needs MAJOR help
 Jul 13 2006, 12:43:35 AM
Ok, I know this may not be the place for this, but we (the cast and crew) are DESPRATE! We are doing Forever Plaid at the CT Cabaret Theatre in Berlin CT. We got our "boss" plaid tux jackets tonight. We got them custom made and everything. Now comes the problem. They suck! None of them fit right, there ugly, and there just a big NO! Does anyone know where we can find the plaid tux jackets. Anyone that did the show or see it anywhere? Give me names of theatres that I can talk to. We open this Fri
BKLYN Tour in hartford CT 6/21
 Jun 22 2006, 12:20:21 PM
Ok, So I saw the show at the Bushnell last night. It was fabtabulous. I just wanted to say that even if your not a fan of the show, to hear this cast put so much heart and soul into this show was amazing. Now, I’m not saying this just because I want to marry her but, Diana was amazing. Listen to her sing Once upon a time and Street singer blew EVERYONE away. Amazing. And that brings me to Cleavant. That man puts every ounce of his heart in that show. They never missed a beat....except Melba Moor
re: Godspell cast question
 Mar 17 2006, 02:36:49 PM
So I fould out her name. Gina Rusell Tracy. In case anyone wondered. Prob not, but what ever. Thanks
Godspell cast question
 Mar 16 2006, 03:41:19 PM
So we had our opening night of Godspell at my HS last night. It went very well. But we had this lady talk to us. Non of us knew who she was. And she told us she was in the National tour of Godspell. It was cool, and she said some good things. And alot of stuff about our "great" director, that we all had S&G about after. But I cant remember her name. I looked online for the 2001 national tour cast and did not see any familar names. So my question is, Was there a 1st national tour before the 2001
re: Rent Tour New Haven 3-11 mat. Review
 Mar 12 2006, 10:44:26 PM
Ok, MIMI... I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope she was sick. Because that was painful. I laughed. I truely did. She ruined alot of moments were Im normly sobing. Collins, I have never heard the Ill cover you reprise done better. It was breath taking. Him and Angel had a great connection. They just worked so well. Angel was interesting at times. Not the best, but good. I LOVE MAUREEN! She brings something new to the roll. I was dieing laughing. Joanne was good also. She was the roll. Roger and Mark were
re: Musicals with leading gay charachters
 Feb 16 2006, 12:14:46 AM
Prodigal is another one.
re: Big River - Don't know the show - Any roles for me?
 Feb 6 2006, 07:11:23 PM
Sorry. I fixed it. I didnt know that Deaf West's changed the name. I know in the script from the R&H co, its dauphin. Hm. Wonder why they do that.
re: Big River - Don't know the show - Any roles for me?
 Feb 6 2006, 06:53:19 PM
I did this show last may. It was a regional production and people still talk about the show. We honestly had an amazing cast. As for roles. For the mid 20's depeding on how they cast. There are the boys, and Huck and Tom. And the Duke and dauphin. For our cast, our boys were from 14-24 and same with Tom and Huck. Duke and dauphin were older in the 30's. But its all depends on witch way they go with the casting. Good luck. Its a fun show.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You