Xanadu Onstage Seating?

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#2re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 6/17/07 at 1:54pm

I know people who have done it and liked it. I don't know how it is opposed to Spring Awakneing but, I hear the set up of the seating is a bit different.
Updated On: 6/17/07 at 01:54 PM

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#3re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 6/17/07 at 1:56pm

I don't think you book Xanadu on stage seating tickets in advance.

Curtains07 Profile Photo
Curtains07
#5re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 6/17/07 at 1:57pm

You can book on-stage seats in advance. General Admission $40.

I'd say add the $9 and buy a house seat.

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#6re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 6/17/07 at 2:02pm

you are basically behind them, kerry skates around but a lot of the action they will have their backs to you
re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#7re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 6/17/07 at 2:18pm

It's definitely a must. That was my first (and only) XANADU experience, but the stoy was still told to me. Very fun show, ESPECIALLY from on stage. They are not assigned, so when you arrive, get there early and tell the on stage usher to sit you in the center.

The theatre is so small, on stage or in the audience - the only difference is perspective.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#9re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 6/17/07 at 2:44pm

Testing <--- will be on-stage 7/17
Updated On: 6/17/07 at 02:44 PM

alex2155 Profile Photo
alex2155
#10re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 6/17/07 at 5:51pm

I really don't understand the big deal about on stage seating. I mean you don't get the full picture of the show because you are sitting on the side or behind them. Maybe it's cool if you've never been on stage before or maybe cause it's like you are part of the show kind of, but I personally would prefer an off stage seat...particularly if you will be sitting at the back of the stage like in Xanadu.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#11re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 6/17/07 at 5:55pm

I'm a distance queen. I like to sit as close as possible. I'm also a bookseller. I need to pay as little as possible. Onstage seating for me is the equivalent of restricted view front row at a lesser cost. And that's FINE with me!

Of course, if I like the show, I'll pay out more to see it again from the house, so the logic is a little faulty, but it's not like I have anything other than theatre and food to spend money on. ^_^

Updated On: 6/17/07 at 05:55 PM

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#12re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 6/17/07 at 8:00pm

I talked to two girls sitting onstage today (after the show) and I asked them if they liked it ( onstage) They told me that they would prefer if they were sitting in the audience.. I thought about it.. The onstage seating is like the one they had on "Inherit the Wind" not like the "Spring Awakening" which means
you are facing the audience and you are background of the entire play, rather than the Spring Awakening that you were placed on the left side and right side of the stage.

If I will see the show again. I dont think I would sit onstage because most of the time- I wont see the actor's face, just their backs... and there's soo many scenes that the facial reactions of the actors were the punchline....
Hope that helps-J*
Updated On: 6/17/07 at 08:00 PM

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#13re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 6/17/07 at 8:06pm

I'm glad that I got to see the show from the orchestra first before I sit onstage next week--get both perspectives.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#14re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 7/9/07 at 11:32am

Does anyone know if I get there early enough if I can request the usher to sit me a certain place onstage? What order do they typically place people onstage? Which seats does Jackie Hoffman usually interact with?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#15re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 7/9/07 at 11:36am

I would like to see it from the audience sometime, but I thought I had an almost perfect view from onstage. It was cool having everyone so close, and seeing a show from a different angle. And I saw many of the facial expressions- ahhh loved Kerry's expressions so much! Soo cute, gosh!

Sorry, love her.

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#16re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 7/9/07 at 11:38am

I've done both.

I saw in Orchestra, Row O during the matinee. It was nice but I was far back. And next to the mic and lighting board tech box.

Then did the onstage for the evening, it's such a joyous experience on stage, so much energy and love around that area. And it's very fun to watch people make entrances and little quirks.

EDIT: DRG, I think you wanted to get up and chase her around the stage.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 7/9/07 at 11:38 AM

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#17re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 7/9/07 at 11:54am

Did Orchestra before and now will be doing onstage July 20th, and yes, I will be signing afterwards at the stage door, no crowding please re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?

Testing1232
#18re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 7/9/07 at 11:57am

<< Does anyone know if I get there early enough if I can request the usher to sit me a certain place onstage? What order do they typically place people onstage? Which seats does Jackie Hoffman usually interact with? >>

You CAN request a certain seat on-stage, but you might not necessarily get it-

As far as Jackie (and Mary) interacting--- they are seated different places, depending on the night. Its totally random-

(although I have not seen them seated at the right side of stage yet (the left side of stage, if you are in the audience)

And Clumsy--- DRG might have to fight me for Kerry if we are both on stage at the same time !!! LOL

(will be back on stage sat mat, 7/14- anyone else? )

Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#19re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 7/9/07 at 12:00pm

Haha, dont worry, you can have Kerry, Testing. Youve seen the show already more times than I ever will, haha. I have already lost the battle...
But I will bring her flowers sometime re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)
Updated On: 7/9/07 at 12:00 PM

Testing1232
#20re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 7/9/07 at 12:03pm

<< you can have Kerry, Testing. >>

Woo Hoo !!!! :))

Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#21re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 7/9/07 at 12:05pm

But hey...I still get some Kerry.

I didnt tell her shes beautiful for nothing! :P

Testing1232
#22re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 7/9/07 at 12:13pm

Its a deal, DRG--- !! :))

::: man, thank heavens my wife doesnt read the boards !! :::

tmz814 Profile Photo
tmz814
#23re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 7/20/07 at 11:30am

Question:

I am going to be sitting onstage in a few days. I was wondering where I should ask to be seated (if possible) to get the best view? Should I ask to be center if possible or would stage right or stage left on the side give me a better view of the facial expressions of the actors?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

We've all got our junk and my junk is you!

millie_dillmount
#24re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 7/20/07 at 11:33am

Anyone going Sunday?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Testing1232
#25re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 7/20/07 at 11:52am

Going Sat nite--- :))

Lm4dham05
#26re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 7/31/07 at 10:53am

How early do you all suggest to wait for onstage seating. I just got tickets for 8/25.

millie_dillmount
#27re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 7/31/07 at 10:59am

You can usually buy them a few days before the show date. They aren't sold out like Spring Awakening's onstage seats.

Lm4dham05
#28re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 7/31/07 at 11:01am

I already have tickets, i just wanted to know how early i should get their to get a good spot onstage.

Videos