News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AEA Stage Manager

AEA Stage Manager Profile Photo
Member Name: AEA Stage Manager
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 Nov 12 2021, 04:49:40 PM

pmensky said: "Jeffrey Karasarides said: "pmensky said: "While it would be great to hire an actor who uses a wheelchair to play Nessa, the fact that the character is required to walk without a wheelchair would make it acceptable to hire an actor capable of walking."

if they were to cast a disabled performer as Nessarose for the movie, they could use a body double for the scene where she’s walking. Plus, I’m sure the VFX artists would

Disneyland opening April 30th
 Mar 17 2021, 03:10:58 PM

DCA Frozen and Disneylands Mickey and the Magical Map, cast and crews were given end of run notices way back last year. Disney has made NO announcement at this time if they will come back or be replaced with new shows. 

Chicago Musical- Plan B Entertainment?
 Mar 16 2017, 06:39:58 PM

So the tours facebook page responded, that they will not be stopping in Folsom CA. Harris Center responded with they are stopping there.  

It really sounds like this is a one off, fill in production.  The Harris Center should make this known and remove the link to the offical Chicago website and not be charging 95 bucks for premium seats. 

Chicago Musical- Plan B Entertainment?
 Mar 16 2017, 05:48:30 PM

Question about an upcoming production of Chicago the Musical in Folsom CA. It advertised as the National Tour and has the links to the tours website. The tours website has no mention of Folsom CA stop.

The Harris Center in Folsom CA just posted the playbill for the show and it is from PLAN B Entertainment. It seems like a recreation of the Broadway show and is starring Max Caulfield as Billy Flynn. According to PLAN B, this is the only stop. Did they really just create a one time cast in L.A. to be brought to Folsom for 5 days only?

Any info on this?

https://www.harriscenter.net/Online/default.asp

New musical inspired by country hit
 Mar 6 2017, 11:36:23 AM

From the first line in the article- " “Fancy”—Bobbie Gentry's country anthem ". 

Questions about Broadway Tech and sending things to the theaters
 Feb 27 2017, 06:38:32 PM

I completely agree with AEA AGMA SM , if you send snail mail ( which is completely fine ) to the Stage Management Team at the theatre they will make sure it gets to the correct person. I think the idea of a handmade gift is pretty dang sweet. Whenever we received such gifts we usually put them by the call board or doorman's desk for a few days for the company to see.

Hope you get some answers!

Audience Member to Sue HAMILTON Citing Lack of Accommodation for Blind Patrons
 Jan 25 2017, 12:03:24 PM

"If ever there was a show with a plot conveyed virtually entirely through audio... "

Audio Description is so much more. The trained professionals who do it also describe the set, props, costumes, lights and movements of the actors and scenery. It is a real valuable resource to those who use it. Most theatres that have a specific AD interpreted performance also usually have a preshow tactile tour for the patrons, they usually meet with the Wardrobe Dept and some o

Hunchback in Sacramento
 Aug 18 2016, 01:51:22 PM

http://www.sacbee.com/entertainment/article96250247.html

I very seldom post on here ( I just read the drama, it is my daily dose of Soap Opera ) but this production is exciting me more and more!!

Glenn Casale's The Hunchback of Notre Dame
 Jun 9 2016, 12:25:28 PM

GavestonPS- I know it can be done. Its done all the time, I just said its "hard to share" that is all. I have worked many a show that has transferred from, in the round to proscenium. Awe the life of doing shows in the round! So much freaking fun!

Glenn Casale's The Hunchback of Notre Dame
 Apr 21 2016, 08:40:53 PM

Music Circus has been holding off on announcing casts as of late because Actors can drop out of a show with a two week notice ( which is standard with most AEA Contracts). In the past few years they have announced leads ( big Broadway names ) in shows having to replace them weeks before a show causing ticket buyers and season tickets holders to get angry. They know hold off until about 3-4 weeks before the season begins.

As for Hunchback being a co-production, at this time I heard

Steven Speilberg's
 Nov 9 2015, 02:26:55 PM

Hook at one time was being prepped for a Musical film per Wiki 

"The film score was composed and conducted by John Williams. Williams was brought in at an early stage when Spielberg was considering making the film as a musical. Accordingly, Williams wrote around eight songs for the project at this stage. The idea was later abandoned. Most of Williams's song ideas were incorporated into the instrumental score, though two songs survive as songs in the finished film: "We Don't Wanna Grow Up" and "When You're Alone", both with lyrics by Leslie Bricusse."

Also years ago working with Mary Bond Davis ( Smees girl in the movie ), said she recorded a ton of songs and they even filmed production numbers that were later scrapped from the final movie after test audiences hated that it was a musical. 

Bad Theater Behavior
 Nov 4 2015, 06:47:13 PM

Concerning "babes in arms" with Disney Newsies on tour. It is Disney's policy for the tour to allow children of any age into the theatre with a ticket. It sucks but its their policy and theatres have to allow it. 

URINETOWN RETURNS OFF BROADWAY!
 Aug 3 2015, 07:50:04 PM

"Why? Because we all pee every day?"

Best laugh of the day. 

Equity card
 Aug 30 2014, 07:44:53 PM
You can get points if you enroll in the Equity Member Candidate program with a $100 fee . After you earn enough weeks ( I think its 52 weeks now a days) you can join AEA, after you pay a fee.
Of course you can by pass earning weeks if a theatre offers you a AEA contract out right ( you still have to be a EMC member). Hope this helps.

Sunset Boulevard , Linda Balgord
 Aug 16 2013, 07:07:44 PM
A dear friend of mine was Linda's understudy and got to go on for her. She has a great picture of herself in full Norma get up! She recounts the layers of make up and the heavy costumes. I would have loved to have hear her sing that role. I have tried for years to track down a recording of her but alas who would have a recording of Linda's understudy! Oh well. I can dream.

Actor, Industry, Techie, or just plain Broadway Enthusiast.
 Jan 20 2013, 01:09:12 AM
AEA Stage Manager- Have been working solid for the past 12yrs in the Union ( ooo god when did i get past 30? ) from Off Broadway to Regional Theatre's

Thank you BWW posters
 Jan 1 2013, 05:08:29 PM
For years now I have read the Broadway Message boards religiously every day. You all have brought so much laughter into my life. Whenever I am having a bad rehearsal day, bad tech or crappy performance (yup all I do is theatre 24/7 I am one of those lucky bitches that makes a living at it), I know I can just log on to BWW and smile. As this New Year starts I just wanted to say, “Thank you”. I look forward to many more years of smiles!
Can anyone tell me about this actress?
 Jan 25 2011, 12:17:15 AM
She is a very sweet lady... but her Evita was like listening to Minnie Mouse on helium!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You