Disneyland opening April 30th

SouthernCakes
#1Disneyland opening April 30th
Posted: 3/17/21 at 2:31pm

Anyone have any idea what theyll be doing with the Frozen show?

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#2Disneyland opening April 30th
Posted: 3/17/21 at 2:42pm

Considering they're only able to open at 15% capacity and there will be no fireworks or parades, I'm fully assuming that the Frozen show won't return just yet.

Updated On: 3/17/21 at 02:42 PM

AEA Stage Manager Profile Photo
AEA Stage Manager
#3Disneyland opening April 30th
Posted: 3/17/21 at 3:10pm

DCA Frozen and Disneylands Mickey and the Magical Map, cast and crews were given end of run notices way back last year. Disney has made NO announcement at this time if they will come back or be replaced with new shows. 

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#4Disneyland opening April 30th
Posted: 3/18/21 at 4:07pm

No shows like this upon reopening.

Disney World has been open since July and they have only been able to restore one show: "For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-a-Long." And that's only because it has a tiny cast that they were able to spread out appropriately on stage, and proper social distancing of the audience (from each other and the performers). All other stage shows have been suspended. There have been some special instrumental concerts with a small number of players, and a couple concerts with vocalists...but only at their large outdoor theater in EPCOT.

But Florida also has different restrictions than CA. I dont expect disneylands Frozen stage show, or any other show there, to return soon.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#5Disneyland opening April 30th
Posted: 3/18/21 at 4:42pm

Disney World is bringing back the Festival of the Lion King in July.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

SouthernCakes
#6Disneyland opening April 30th
Posted: 3/18/21 at 7:57pm

Are they Equity performers though?

JohnyBroadway
#7Disneyland opening April 30th
Posted: 3/18/21 at 8:25pm

The actors and singers (stage performers) at Disneyland are on an AGVA contract. It's my understanding that the performers on an AGVA contract were laid off. Given the circumstances of the strict guidelines in California I imagine it'll be a long while before live entertainment returns. With Fantasyland Theatre outside and open air, I bet that'll be the first theatre venue to reopen. Having shadowed in the stage management department at the resort it's really sad that these venues are closed. They are the heart of the resort. And very special to exist at the Resort. Considering that the live shows do not make the parks and resorts any revenue, I hope that word of mouth builds a push to get them open as soon as possible.