News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dangeresque49

Member Name: dangeresque49
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

How to Fix the Broadway Model  Jan 17 2024, 11:01:43 PM

Why is no one talking about rent? These shows just like every business in America who does not own their own building is forced to set prices based on rent. The landowners are the ones setting the pricing for the minimum.

It's no surprise to see the landowners consolidating their theater ownership. Until producers and theater guests are willing to walk away the landowner cartel will continue to push prices higher. Even in an environment of "competition" among shows the la

HERE LIES LOVE closing November 26  Nov 8 2023, 12:55:59 AM

I think this show for serious Broadway fans will be remembered as a great production and a missed opportunity for those who could not see it and frankly one of the big time wish I was there shows due to the inability or anyone to dump so much money into a production of this show and reconfigure a venue like this. 

I can not help but imagine a show running in a non local market about the say the trump family or any corrupt ruling family with access to billions in resources and prop

El Mago Pop - Odd Ticket Situation  Aug 28 2023, 12:13:16 AM

Wick3 said: "That’s good your free ticket scanned ok!
When I saw the show the other day, the person he picked with the drivers license was a female sitting in orchestra and she had a license from Colorado. I’m not sure if she is a plant or not but she looked like a complete stranger to me.

I’m in awe by what he did on the Today show.

"

What he did in the today show was force the wheel to pick black and then had a set of twins al

El Mago Pop - Odd Ticket Situation  Aug 21 2023, 05:21:06 PM

Given that this el mago pop dude steals tricks I wouldn't be surprised at all about shady ticketing. Try to pump the crowds with free tickets and then take the money when someone shows up and is actually willing to pay that much. He won't be on Broadway long enough for anyone to really care. 

This guy just uses a bunch of audience plants in his show anyways. He's a hack with good marketing.

PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Jul 15 2023, 12:40:32 AM

binau said: "Does anyone know if the show has or is likely to make a profit? I think especially given the concerns people have around Broadway economics, country economics, anti-semitism (does anyone remember that 'protest'? lol), the early advance of this show, the difficult and complex subject matter etc. it has pretty much turned out to be a 'real big' success story and a critical/commercial hit. It might be the first time I've ever followed a production closel

NY, NY may be on its way to closing-NY Post  Jul 14 2023, 10:19:19 PM

dramamama611 said: "Its an investment, not quick money. I vests almost always take time."

Yea and apparently investing in a Broadway show is a money losing venture the majority of the time.

Philadelphia: Canceled final week of Moulin Rouge tour  Jul 1 2023, 03:12:41 AM

I have a friend that lives in Chicago and can buy really affordable full view seats as part of a subscription package. Philly is at least double for worse seats. 

I especially feel bad for people who pay so much for the orchestra when there has regularly been $15 rush tickets. I think almost every Broadway show in Philly has had at least some rush tickets apart from some at the Forrest. One would come out ahead just paying resale markup for the rare show that has no rush and doing

Anyone have success with rush tickets  Jun 14 2023, 11:19:22 PM

As far as 2 weeks ago Kimberly akimbo, some like it hot, life of pie, peter pan goes wrong, maybe others were easy rush any day of the week at box office open, Post tonys is a bad time to rush for shows that do well, however popularity can lead to lesser shows being more available. On a multi day trip I would split people to stand in line for kimberly akimbo and some like it hot. and have someone hope sweeny is selling standing room . Between those three near the same place you are going to g

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/11/23  Jun 13 2023, 10:08:10 PM

I hope life of Pi runs long enough for me to see it. I was shocked it didn't get nominated for best play especially given the technical awards and winning in London. It seems like a recipe for expensive to get cut off though. 

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway  Jun 3 2023, 12:53:56 AM

I liked Josh Groban more than Ben Platt but thought Parade was the better show as far as revivals this season. 

MJ recoups  May 16 2023, 10:56:06 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Kind of shocked they they were able to recoup in a shorter time frame than Moulin Rouge. Wonder how far off they are from recouping."

It's crazy because I thought the staging was better for MJ. I think a lot of the work was actually done by Michael and his crew for the tours. This show had material that pulled mostly directly from those sources that honestly prob saved money. Also I do not think people understand that for a ton of black Ameri

Met Gala Red Carpet  May 1 2023, 10:39:58 PM

I call these people bravo stans. There is some alternate universe where fashion/reality stars are seemingly huge but actually are only known to a small portion of the stan population. This is one of their main events. 

SHUCKED On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Apr 7 2023, 01:19:26 AM

But kimberly akimbo?

The BWW Tech Support Thread  Apr 7 2023, 01:13:59 AM

I wonder how much it would cost to just move to a real forum and not really have to employ anyone locally to fix it. Reddit will decide this for them if they don't take it seriously anyways, 

SHUCKED On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Mar 26 2023, 03:56:43 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "dangeresque49 said: "When you look at the set for shucked being less complex than Kimberly akimbo I think you realize the confidence level the producers had on this show from where they started."

Not an apt comparison. The content of the show dictates its design. The set that SHUCKED has is attractive and completely serves the story. It doesn't demand a literal set with walls & popouts like Kimberly. (Kimberly's

SHUCKED On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Mar 25 2023, 02:59:50 AM

I am not sure about rush. This was a real solid sell out a week ago at the discounts they were offering. It seemed like even on the resale market there was nothing left but also no demand to buy for higher prices either. the current mortgage market of shows in a way.

I liked this show for what I paid, but it is not a big time production. Its the type of show I see being a moderate hit and then scoring big in regional theater licensing. I thought it was very funny. Now some people might

Broadway Discounts  Mar 25 2023, 02:35:46 AM

The balcony seats from 55 with fees do not seem to need a code. Pretty reasonable if you want to get in early. Decent theater.

Ryan & Uzele to lead NEW YORK, NEW YORK On Broadway  Mar 25 2023, 02:19:49 AM

I think given some of the people I trust loved it I could take a flyer on a cheap seat for a good time. At worst I can resell this for what I paid. In terms of the set being great that is something that excites me. I do nyc theater for the difference in big production.

Six on Broadway recoups  Mar 25 2023, 01:59:51 AM

I am glad I saw this on my cruise. I would have never paid more than about $30 for it. I am sure the Broadway performers were probably better but I don't think the set was much different. I guess good for the producers. This show likely filled a void for people who never got to see the spice girls live as far as music goes (although the cast is most definitely more talented than them), I just don't have a ton of interest in general on seeing a short show on Broadway for the same price

Museum of Broadway  Mar 7 2023, 10:37:18 PM

chrishuyen said: "I think the text, if you do read it, can really be quite wonderful, and I liked how it charted trends across each time period of what kinds of shows were popular/being produced then. My main issue was that the text would often be in the middle of a large picture wall and it could be a chore to find it, not to mention the font size. It was big enough that if you were standing in front of it, it was perfectly fine, but if you were trying to read it around another pers

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You