News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DrMike3

DrMike3 Profile Photo
Member Name: DrMike3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Billy Porter at the Tonys  Jun 12 2019, 11:20:21 PM

The commercial-time karaoke bits I've seen online are loose and hilarious, and it looks like many of the B'way performers in attendance were having a blast. I bet the Oscars aren't any fun during the commercial breaks, everybody seems so serious and almost grim.

There's no people like show people!

Santino Fontana OUT of Tootsie Matinee 6/12  Jun 12 2019, 08:12:22 PM

It was Jeff Kready and I wish I could tell you how he was. But I really wanted to see Santino and I was seated next to an armrest hog, so I took advantage of the show's "Post-Dated Ticket" exchange offer and traded in before the show for next week. They were extremely understanding and I called for the exchange right from the Lobby so, alas, I did not see the performance today.

I hope he was great! He only tweets about once a month, and no one has tweeted about his pe

Santino Fontana OUT of Tootsie Matinee 6/12  Jun 12 2019, 01:51:55 PM
Damn, damn, damn, damn. I'd grown accustomed to his face!

Of course I did not see this notice till I was inside in my seat, so too late for me. He was the whole reason I was here, and I am really bummed.

Tootsie Rush  Jun 12 2019, 09:23:55 AM

Got here at 8:55 on Wednesday 6/12 and would have been second in line, but by the time I went to the corner for a water bottle there was a group of ladies who had jumped on. I am here at 9:20 on a two-show Wednesday and am fifth in a line of 9 people. Hopefully a good sign, will update later with results.

UPDATE: I got seat A10, front row (!) all the way on the right but right up against the stage. Unfortunately I discovered here on the Board that Santino was out, and because I really

Give Santino Fontana the Tony.  Jun 12 2019, 12:01:59 AM

They did!  smiley

Love Santino. I saw his John Adams at Encores a few years back and it was fresh and startling and spectacular.

Tootsie - Storyline Question  Jun 11 2019, 11:21:54 PM

As a dedicated fan of 'Twelfth Night,' I love this idea. I also think the show might have averted some of the social media outrage that has ensued.  In fact, I saw a truly lovely and entertaining staging of Twelfth Night by The Acting Company last spring that checked off many boxes of concern in theatrical social media: it had a female director (Maria Aitken) and it took a deep and most entertaining look at gender identities and perceptions.

While Twelfth Night was written

MITB Tony's Reactions  Jun 11 2019, 11:09:17 PM

I am out of the BMC demographic, but I honestly thought that James In The Bathroom was funny, wry, and the perfect length. It reminded me of the wonderful NPH number from a few years back when he, Andrew Rannels and Laura Benanti "Kissed L.A. Goodbye," one of my favorite TONY moments ever.

I hadn't heard 'Michael in the Bathroom' previously, so I clicked on it before watching the parody on YouTube and was glad I did. Fun and touching song, although at nearly five-

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You