News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Rycbar

Member Name: Rycbar
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is the Hamilton cancellation line still a thing?
 Jun 3 2022, 10:37:26 AM

Hi all I did not mean to upset anyone. I am traveling from far away and originally my friend and I were going to travel together and we were really excited to be splitting the cost. But she had a family emergency and had to cancel last minute which made it much more expensive for me. I was just trying offset some of the trip cost. Since I had already made some reservations I decided to come anyway even though it is turning out more expensive than I thought.  

Jun 3 2022, 10:37:25 AM

Hi all I did not mean to upset anyone. I am traveling from far away and originally my friend and I were going to travel together and we were really excited to be splitting the cost. But she had a family emergency and had to cancel last minute which made it much more expensive for me. I was just trying offset some of the trip cost. Since I had already made some reservations I decided to come anyway even though it is turning out more expensive than I thought.  

Jun 2 2022, 02:55:28 PM

Are we allowed to offer to sell tickets here? It is for tomorrow June 3 evening performance. I was kind of hoping to sell to someone in the cancellation line if that was still going on. 

Jun 2 2022, 02:19:01 PM

Maybe there is already a thread for this but if there is I can’t find it. I have an extra ticket from the lottery and I am coming in from out of town. I did the whole cancellation line thing twice pre-pandemic but was not sure how it worked now. Thanks for any info

Tony Prediction Thread
 Sep 25 2021, 08:23:14 AM
I just wanted to say though I did not see the other two musicals in the category I was really impressed with the lighting in Moulin Rouge. Lighting is not something I normally think about much but in this case I really feel like it enhanced the musical more so than normal.
What Was The Worst Musical You Saw
 Apr 9 2020, 04:12:45 PM
On Broadway: Beetlejuice (it wasn’t terrible, but not a fan of the music)
Live show anywhere: Working
Film version of a live show: cats
Biggest disappointment of a Hollywood rendition of a musical: les Miserables
Worst musical I was a part of: Barnum (but I still had a really great time)

Phantom Tour Question
 Nov 10 2019, 11:41:04 AM
I really enjoyed the new tour production. I saw it I think about two years ago At the Kennedy Center in DC. I have seen it twice on Broadway but both times I was fairly far back once in The balconies and this past summer standing room only. I also saw it at the Kennedy Center when I was about 12 with the original touring production. Both times I was at the Kennedy Center I sat relatively close in the orchestra section. The tour production is not the same but still very enjoyable. I thought it wa
Hamilton Lottery Philadelphia
 Sep 5 2019, 07:58:58 PM
I won the lottery in Philadelphia and sat row H all the way to the right I could not see anything that was stage left. There was a mother and son couple who won the lottery behind me in row I. Though I was a little disappointed in the seat location, it was still an amazing performance. This is my seventh time seeing the show. All the other times I had been fairly Center either fairly close or as far as you can get away in the case of standing room only inLondon. I thought the Eliza was a l
Hamilton vs Harry Potter and the cursed child
 Aug 12 2019, 10:29:23 AM
I am a huge Harry Potter fan. I’ve read through all of the books at least five times except the last one I’ve only read twice and I have also listened l to the whole series on audiobook. I was Lucky enough to win the Friday 40 when i was in London. It was definitely the coolest play experience I’ve ever had and for sure one of my top theatrical experiences. I have also huge Hamilton fan. I have been lucky enough to see it six times now over a period of three years. Twice standing room in
MOULIN ROUGE SRO UPDATES
 Aug 11 2019, 10:03:27 AM
If the only part that you’re missing in standing room is the elephant and the wind mill, you’re not missing much. After The performance there is ample time to hang around the theater and look at the various details in place. You cannot go into the can can area but You can walk all around the rest of the area and take as many pictures as you want. Usually in theaters it seems like they are trying to shoo you out after the orchestra Finishes playing. There were a bunch of us taking pictures a
Moulin Rouge cheaper tickets
 Aug 11 2019, 09:51:12 AM
I’m not sure of the exact seats. If I find my tickets I’ll let you know. The partial view might’ve been Row F as far over to the side as it can go. But if you get the partial view that they offer the day of the performance you can’t choose which tickets you want anyway. The second time I think I was either Q or P also all the way over to the side but the lady next to me wanted to switch seats to be on the aisle so I was one seat in that time.
Moulin Rouge cheaper tickets
 Aug 10 2019, 10:43:25 PM
I did the $99 partial view limited legroom and the seat was great. You don’t get to see much of the background from where I was but all of the main action is seen. I was extremely close to the actors on the left side or stage right. It was an amazing experience. I tried to get standing room for the matinee today but they did not offer it. The guy said that they might be able to offer me an $150 ticket so I went to window and they said $169 which was out of my price range so I went back to j
Moulin Rouge cancellation line
 Aug 7 2019, 01:58:46 PM
I have seen some mention of the cancellation line for Moulin Rouge in the preview and professional thread. I was wondering if anyone had any updates on personal experiences recently. Thanks
Moulin Rouge Previews
 Aug 1 2019, 11:42:52 PM
I’m trying to decide if I want to spend the money and see the show. If I love the movie and also I really would like to see the current leads since I’ve never actually seen them live, do you think it would be worth it from anyone who likes the movie and has seen the show. I’ll probably try to see it via the cancellation line if I try to see it. Thanks in advance for any advice. PS I am a teacher and don’t have a whole lot of money
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You