pixeltracker

Is the Hamilton cancellation line still a thing?

Is the Hamilton cancellation line still a thing?

Rycbar
#1Is the Hamilton cancellation line still a thing?
Posted: 6/2/22 at 2:19pm

Maybe there is already a thread for this but if there is I can’t find it. I have an extra ticket from the lottery and I am coming in from out of town. I did the whole cancellation line thing twice pre-pandemic but was not sure how it worked now. Thanks for any info Is the Hamilton cancellation line still a thing?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Is the Hamilton cancellation line still a thing?
Posted: 6/2/22 at 2:49pm

Basically, you just give it back to the box office and they take care of it.  You might as well tell people here the date/price and see if anyone want to buy it from you directly.  You'll likely get at least one taker - and I'm not sure if the box office refunds your money (someone else will chirp in).

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 6/2/22 at 02:49 PM

Rycbar
#3Is the Hamilton cancellation line still a thing?
Posted: 6/2/22 at 2:55pm

Are we allowed to offer to sell tickets here? It is for tomorrow June 3 evening performance. I was kind of hoping to sell to someone in the cancellation line if that was still going on. 

dramamama611
#4Is the Hamilton cancellation line still a thing?
Posted: 6/2/22 at 3:01pm

Rycbar said: "Are we allowed to offer to sell tickets here? It is for tomorrow June 3 evening performance. I was kind of hoping to sell to someone in the cancellation line if that was still going on."

Yes, you are allowed.  It's your tix, you can do with it what you like.   (Sorry that I don't have specifics on a cancellation line, though.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Phantom4ever
#5Is the Hamilton cancellation line still a thing?
Posted: 6/2/22 at 3:33pm

I miss the stories from the cancellation line. I definitely admired the commitment!

chuckydisc
#6Is the Hamilton cancellation line still a thing?
Posted: 6/2/22 at 3:57pm

dramamama611 said: "Rycbar said: "Are we allowed to offer to sell tickets here? It is for tomorrow June 3 evening performance. I was kind of hoping to sell to someone in the cancellation line if that was still going on."

Yes, you are allowed. It's your tix, you can do with it what you like. (Sorry that I don't have specifics on a cancellation line, though.)
"

Are you selling it on here for $10?

dramamama611
#7Is the Hamilton cancellation line still a thing?
Posted: 6/3/22 at 7:20am

He started a second thread to sell it - to the highest bidder.  SMDH.  (Even though I realize I said it's his to do with what he liked - I didn't presume he was looking to make money off the deal.)

Michael19
#8Is the Hamilton cancellation line still a thing?
Posted: 6/3/22 at 8:53am

This is sleazy stuff.  You are looking to sell your $10 ticket to the highest bidder.  This site is not intended to be a marketplace for scalpers. Go away.

dramamama611
#9Is the Hamilton cancellation line still a thing?
Posted: 6/3/22 at 8:57am

Except scalping isn't illegal - at least not in NY.   YOU might not like it, (nor do I) but that's still his right.

What bothers me more in this case, is that he seems to have knowingly taken the chance away from from someone else to get a lottery ticket - one that perhaps has no other way to afford to go.

TarHeelAlan
#10Is the Hamilton cancellation line still a thing?
Posted: 6/3/22 at 9:46am

dramamama611 said: "Except scalping isn't illegal - at least not in NY. YOU might not like it, (nor do I) but that's still his right.

What bothers me more in this case, is that he seems to have knowingly taken the chance away from from someone else to get a lottery ticket - one that perhaps has no other way to afford to go.
"

And while scalping is not illegal, the terms of the lottery clearly state "Tickets are non-transferable." So it's a violation of the terms as well as the spirit of the lottery.

Rycbar
#11Is the Hamilton cancellation line still a thing?
Posted: 6/3/22 at 10:37am

Hi all I did not mean to upset anyone. I am traveling from far away and originally my friend and I were going to travel together and we were really excited to be splitting the cost. But she had a family emergency and had to cancel last minute which made it much more expensive for me. I was just trying offset some of the trip cost. Since I had already made some reservations I decided to come anyway even though it is turning out more expensive than I thought.  

Rycbar
#12Is the Hamilton cancellation line still a thing?
Posted: 6/3/22 at 10:37am

Hi all I did not mean to upset anyone. I am traveling from far away and originally my friend and I were going to travel together and we were really excited to be splitting the cost. But she had a family emergency and had to cancel last minute which made it much more expensive for me. I was just trying offset some of the trip cost. Since I had already made some reservations I decided to come anyway even though it is turning out more expensive than I thought.