News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Calcifer2

Member Name: Calcifer2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

A MAN OF NO IMPORTANCE AT CSC Preview Thread  Dec 7 2022, 12:32:11 PM

Looks like one understudy was covering two roles that were out, so they had to pull in someone else for the third role:

"We look forward to seeing you this week at our critically acclaimed production of A Man of No Importance. As a courtesy, we want to share some cast changes for performances through, and including, Sunday, December 11.

Starting tonight, CSC Board Member and Tony Winner Santino Fontana will be st

CSC Assassins Extends  Mar 10 2020, 05:44:08 PM

Sutton Ross said: "It means it's not handicap accessible, your seat is good with no obstruction."

Confirming this. It looks like you should/could be on an aisle, but you’re not; you go in from the other end. Not super convenient, but not an issue in terms of sight lines (I think they are just fending off potential complaints). 

Three Sisters at NYTW  Feb 28 2020, 11:12:23 AM

NYTW FAQs give the price range as $50-$125, and only show weekend matinees. 
https://www.nytw.org/three-sisters-faqs/

Three Sisters at NYTW  Feb 24 2020, 05:02:07 PM
First two rows of seating will be cushions on the floor. I ache just thinking about it.
Unsinkable Molly Brown!  Feb 18 2020, 10:50:47 AM

AC126748 said: "I'm seeing this on the Sunday matinee. I know the theater is pretty close to Chinatown -- any recommendations for nearby Chinese restaurants for a pre-show lunch?"

Wu’s Wonton King off the East Broadway stop. 

Winter Garden additional Row  Feb 13 2020, 10:20:37 AM
Your best bet is to email Telecharge rather than call— in the main Music Man thread, several of us got tickets “fixed” after the theater was announced but we were all told to email and then got phone calls back.
Grand Horizons Previews  Jan 16 2020, 01:01:16 PM
The NY Public Library’s Culturepass has free single tickets for this for 1/17.
When do Assassins tickets go on sale?  Jan 14 2020, 01:04:42 PM

SkidRow82 said: "Anybody know how it works with 100's, 200's, and 300's... are the 200's the center? Seems like 200's must be best considering the pricing...but there isn't a solid map I can find....."

200s are the head-on view. 100s and 300s are technically side view but it’s a very small theater and who knows how they’ll stage it. 

When do Assassins tickets go on sale?  Jan 14 2020, 12:37:59 PM

GreasedLightning said: "cougarnewtin said: "They’re gonna be selling rush/student tickets later right?
Right?
(Please say right).
"

Not necessarily. All rush tickets are subject to availability, as per their site. I’d recommend signing up for their Access Ticket emails, also on their site under “Ticket Discounts.”
"

They also still have $20 student memberships which give you one $25 ticket per production.

When do Assassins tickets go on sale?  Jan 14 2020, 10:41:05 AM

shari evelyn said: "For anyone familiar with the space, I'm looking at the seating chart for Dracula right now. Where is says "ENTRANCE" - is that the entrance to the theater itself, or that particular section of seats?"

The entrance to the theater itself. 

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man  Jan 9 2020, 11:15:48 AM

Calcifer2 said: "Has anybody had any luck switching/refunding previously purchased tickets? The “cheap” tickets are now down to $99 from $109 and extend further toward the center. I called and was told they were only taking requests by email, so let’s see... "

Just got a call back from “Shubert Org” and was able to get better seats at a lower price (albeit a few months later than my original seats), so I’m happy. 

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man  Jan 8 2020, 05:01:13 PM

brotherhoodofman said: "Question for the group: I currently have a $99 seat in right mezz row F (seat 2 that I bought the day the tickets went on sale.

There's now a right mezz row A seat 30 available for the same price. I'm thinking of asking if I can switch since I know Telecharge has done that for folks before. The pics online seem like far sides of row A may be obstructed. Am I better off staying where I am now?
"

I called yesterday for a similar request  and was told any requests needed to be done by email so they could be reviewed by a manager. I have acknowledgment that my email was received but am still waiting on an actual reply. If you do call/email, please keep us posted on results. 

Also, weren’t the cheap tickets originally $109, not $99? 

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man  Jan 7 2020, 12:52:31 PM
Has anybody had any luck switching/refunding previously purchased tickets? The “cheap” tickets are now down to $99 from $109 and extend further toward the center. I called and was told they were only taking requests by email, so let’s see...
A Soldier's Play Previews  Dec 29 2019, 11:36:15 AM

uncageg said: "People were actually screaming?"

We could call it “clearly and loudly expressing appreciation” if screaming sounds a bit dramatic. But yes. 

A Soldier's Play Previews  Dec 29 2019, 08:58:58 AM
I enjoy unbuttoned (not fully shirtless) Blair Underwood as much as the next person, but having him attempt to say lines while everyone is screaming is a bit silly and kind of messed up the flow.
Discount Codes  Dec 23 2019, 07:36:21 PM
Grand Horizons: GHDM1
“Save up to 25%” Code valid for performances Dec 23-Jan 22

Jenn Colella and Caitlin Kinnunen to Star in Site-Specific Reading of FUN HOME  Dec 20 2019, 10:41:21 AM

ParkandBark said: "Side note: Audra McDonald was there and she was loving it (I sat right behind her!)"

I was one row behind you then. Great evening! 

Little Shop Cast Recording  Dec 20 2019, 10:39:34 AM
Listening now—I think I’m glad Chelsea Turbin was subbing the night I went.
CSC Assassins update  Dec 17 2019, 03:33:36 PM

gibsons2 said: "Can someone post the tickets price range, please? Trying to budget while attemptingto squeeze in over 10shows to seein 5 months...."

I saw $85-$125 when I logged in earlier. They also do rush (and “access tickets” during the run when things aren’t selling well). 

Primary Stages has canceled entire run of ON THAT DAY IN AMSTERDAM  Oct 31 2019, 09:55:13 AM
I wonder if they’ll give partial refunds for subscriptions? I bought in because I wanted to see Little Women and Billy Porter and figured I might as well see the rest of the season. Now there’s no Billy Porter and no replacement, and I am feeling somewhat cranky. Guess it’s time to make a phone call.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You