News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SouthernCakes

Member Name: SouthernCakes
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 3 2023, 08:20:59 PM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "i cant fathom why Dossett wouldnt transfer with this so he can do a show that will be waiting for him whenever he wants it in the next decade- must be about performing with his wife, which is adorable."

Can’t fathom? A very good paycheck and the knowledge that you’ll be employed for your full contract instead of going with a show that could fold whenever. Makes a lot of sense. And once you’re in the Wicked universe you could

The Wiz returning to Bway in 2023 after National Tour  Feb 3 2023, 01:59:32 AM

Kandi (from Real Housewives of Atlanta and Xscape) posted on her IG about an open call in Atlanta for dancers and singers. Is she involved? Would love to see her perform but she’s probably just a producer? 

SUNSET BOULEVARD at the Kennedy Center  Feb 3 2023, 01:16:58 AM

Would love to know what work he has done but the permanent toupe for men is very popular. Friend of mine has it and I never would have guessed. 

Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023  Feb 2 2023, 10:01:03 PM

Well most of them are at non profits right? So hard to say what is considered a hit but the theaters are so small, I’d imagine most shows pack them in. 

I think people expecting this to be some crazy hit aren’t realizing that A Strange Loop - opinions aside - wasn’t a hit and closed at a loss, so to expect his next musical to be some hot ticket wouldn’t make sense. I’ll be curious to hear the reviews though. Love the title but I could see

Ahmanson's Broadway-Bound(?) THE SECRET GARDEN announces further casting  Feb 2 2023, 01:34:01 PM

The set design is… fine. Nothing really seems too exciting for this. I doubt it has legs for Broadway but maybe a regional tour? 

PICTURES FROM HOME - P/reviews & News Thread  Feb 2 2023, 02:28:34 AM

Always interesting to see what gets produced 

Leslie Odom, Jr. PURLIE Revival  Feb 2 2023, 12:59:06 AM

Maybe shake up the director too?

Leslie Odom, Jr. PURLIE Revival  Feb 1 2023, 09:12:09 PM

He is not well known enough. 

Leslie Odom, Jr. PURLIE Revival  Feb 1 2023, 11:27:36 AM

Isn’t Room going into the Jones? So I guess they aren’t leaving it room to extend. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/29/23  Jan 31 2023, 07:30:39 PM

Little Shop did have a Broadway run eventually. 

I think Great Comet would have had a healthy run off Broadway but I think it’s more of a licensing thing and exposure thing.

Disney’s HERCULES - News & Discussion Thread  Jan 31 2023, 02:16:39 PM

Very easy! Take the train to Milburn - cute town - and it’s just a short walk. 

2022-2023 Broadway Season  Jan 30 2023, 12:51:02 AM

I think it should keep its downtown scrappy vibe. 

What goes on with the Lucille Lortel?  Jan 29 2023, 03:17:07 PM

JoeW4 said: "SouthernCakes said: "Isn’t that where Kate’s one woman show was?"

No, Kate’s show is at the Connelly
"

Oh! Thanks! There are so many good spaces downtown it’s nice to see them getting some commercial tenants. 

PICTURES FROM HOME - P/reviews & News Thread  Jan 29 2023, 11:17:00 AM

Is there anything interesting about the staging or direction? This just all around feels like a “meh” but it somehow attracted major talent. 

HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?  Jan 29 2023, 01:14:15 AM

Hard to tell from there but logistically for a show this big they’ll have to have some normal standard seating. 

What goes on with the Lucille Lortel?  Jan 28 2023, 09:38:36 PM

Isn’t that where Kate’s one woman show was? 

HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?  Jan 28 2023, 09:11:55 PM

So the Public set up, but stadium seating on one end with parts of the audiences moving around like Off Broadway? Wonder how they will price those tickets. 

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread  Jan 28 2023, 09:10:27 PM

Let Mitchell do it. Even though Pretty Woman was hot garbage. 

Memphis the most underrated musical ever!  Jan 28 2023, 10:36:27 AM

The lyrics in every song are so obvious and cliche. Awful. 

gorgeously staged but otherwise awful. 

Toxic Avenger is their best work. Stick to camp. 

COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread  Jan 28 2023, 10:34:01 AM

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "SouthernCakes said: "Bill Snibson said: "Betty Buckley is far too old for Joanne (she reads much older then LuPone). I'd love to see Nikki Rene get this part but even if Jeff joined too I'm not fully convinced these are reasons enough to pull your kids from their schools, routines, lives etc."

Rules are different on the road. I don’t think this needs a marquee name to sell. But Rene does have season 3 of Girl

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You