News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for chipsandguacplz

Member Name: chipsandguacplz
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Nick Cordero Theatre  Jul 9 2020, 07:31:21 PM

It's as much about remembering a beloved member of the community as it is remembering this virus and the impact it made on the theatre industry. Signed. 

Lea Michele- diva reputation?  Jun 5 2020, 05:48:32 AM
This thread has aged so well.
Who would you like as the next broadway vloggers  Apr 25 2020, 11:19:06 PM

Love the idea of Analise and Jake doing it together!!

1. would love to see Erika maybe to another vlog with Flying over sunset?

2. Colton Ryan/Caitlin Houlahan for GFTNC

3. Maybe Samantha Williams for Caroline or Change

of course this is all dependent on when/if these productions return to broadway. 

Drama Desk Awards  Apr 21 2020, 10:09:43 PM

Wayman_Wong said: "In general, critics (and thesenominators) tend to hate jukebox shows, so they were unlikely to nominate Broadway shows, like ''Moulin Rouge!,'' ''Jagged Little Pill'' or ''Tina,'' for Best Musical.

Yes, because primarily jukebox musicals opened this year(pre corona) I don't think any of these Broadway productions stood a chance with Drama Desk voters who are known to not go for them. They seemed to get

What's the 1st show you're planning to see when the quarantine is over?  Apr 17 2020, 12:42:27 AM

They won't need to stunt cast at all. The OBC will be back with the exception of Yana Perrault who left prior to join on of the Hamilton tours."

I'm sure the whole bway company(not just for jagged for almost every show since work in entertainment is slim right now) will be back and ready to do the show right away, but the question is if whether the show might not renew contracts and stunt cast to make more money and get people in seats. 

Bootlegs during Quarantine  Apr 16 2020, 12:12:06 AM

Renee Rapp, who is usually super against bootlegs and talks frequently about how much she hates people filming the show, just tweeted 

"Alright I stand corrected, I support the Ashley De La Rosa bootleg I just saw- thank u to whoever is responsible."

so yeah... people are coming around. Also, the tweet has since been taken down. 

What's the 1st show you're planning to see when the quarantine is over?  Apr 16 2020, 12:09:03 AM

Jordan Levinson said: "mailhandler777 said: "Jagged Little Pill. I had a ticket for yesterday when Broadway was supposed to open back up and I will have one for the day it does open back up."

It will probably unfortunately close in the midst of this crisis, though it was making some decent cash before the shutdown. But who knows? If it does survive, I bet you'll be seeing Alanis Morissette or Idina Menzel take on Mary Jane as part of a desperation stunt cast. (Idina originally read the part in 2017)
"

One of the producers put out a shockingly optimistic article, like more optimistic than normal, so I think it might have a chance to make it back, even if it doesn't stay on for a while. 

https://broadwaynews.com/2020/04/06/jagged-little-pill-producer-eva-price-on-weathering-the-broadway-shutdown/

While I agree that Idina would be a good star cast, I feel like they would try and keep Elizabeth Stanley around for the Tonys- whenever and however they happen- since she's a possible nom for best lead actress. I could definitely see them stunt casting Frankie or Phoenix to try and open the doors again. 

Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts  Apr 5 2020, 11:43:16 PM

ACL2006 said: "Curious what happened, but no Jagged Little Pill reunion tomorrow. They'll haveColin Donnell & Caissie Levy instead. Hoping they update their website with who they'll have this week."

I know I was bummed about no jagged reunion as well! I hope they reschedule. I know a lot of the cast has gotten the virus, so maybe that's why?

Which show to see?  Mar 7 2020, 06:44:46 PM

My fav off-broadway shows that are lesser known I guess have been the musical, Emojiland and the play/concert REALLY COOL show We're Gonna Die. For lesser known broadway stuff, jagged little pill and the inheritance are both amazing imo and perfect for those ages!! Haven't seen GFNC yet, but have heard mixed reviews. Have fun tomorrow:)

My Next Trip  Mar 1 2020, 05:52:00 PM

Would you ever rank all the shows you've seen from this season? aka 2020 tony contenders that you've seen so far that you liked the best/worst?

Originial Jagged Little Pill stars to transfer to Broadway  Feb 7 2020, 05:24:26 PM

ellbellthomps said: "Not sure if anyone has mentioned this anywhere, but they just announced there's a new member joining. Not sure if its ensemble or a swing.

For the life of me I can't remember her name.
"

Her name is Deanne Stewart! Pretty sure she's gonna be a swing. She's making her debut on Tuesday!!

Need Recommendations for March Trip  Feb 3 2020, 01:30:46 PM

I would also recommend seeing Jagged Little Pill. Such a cool show, stunning acting, great set and lighting. Liked it far more than Tina on my trip last month. Moulin Rouge was also pretty good, and I saw SIX in Chicago and it was fabulous.

FUN HOME Film Adaptation  Jan 6 2020, 12:13:21 AM

Ooo Lauren Patten as Medium Al would be amazinggg. 

How old is too old to send fanmail?  Dec 16 2019, 03:03:14 PM

I'm 18 and wanted to send fanmail to Kathryn Gallagher in JLP- am I too old to send broadway fanmail/what's an appropriate age?

Renee Rapp in Mean Girls  Oct 4 2019, 11:17:03 AM

I just watched the Renee's World Burn music vid or whatever that was lol, and I was just wondering if anyone had seen her in it and what were your opinions of her as Regina?

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?  Sep 20 2019, 03:03:02 PM

Just got a signed pic back from Colleen Ballinger from her Waitress run!!!!

Beth Leavel Appreciation  Aug 14 2019, 05:37:39 PM

It's opening in Newport, Rhode Island but I agree that would be so cool if it opened in Atlanta.

Stage Door Conversations  Aug 9 2019, 09:25:19 PM

What should you say to an actor when meeting them at the stage door? I've never stage doored before, and I'm not sure if I should make conversation or just ask them for an autograph.

Best Shows at TKTS Booth  Aug 5 2019, 10:13:27 PM

I have a free day on next Saturday(Aug 10) in NYC and I was hoping to get cheap tickets to Broadway shows. Does anyone know of any good shows that are usually available at the TKTS booth on weekends?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You