News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House”

Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House”

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House”
Posted: 3/16/20 at 10:25pm

Seth is doing these YouTube concert series with broadway stars via Skype, to help us get through all this mess. Tonight was Kelli O’Hara and tomorrow is Judy Kuhn at 2pm and Stokes at 8pm.

Kelli O’Hara

Updated On: 4/8/20 at 10:25 PM

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#2Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 3/16/20 at 10:49pm

I freaking love this.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 3/16/20 at 10:55pm

Oh man, so do I. He said people like Sara Bareillas, Jeremy Jordan, Kristin Chenoweth, Kerala Settle, Varla Jean Merman and a lot more are going to do it. Seth is a frickin’ God-send.

gregnyc2
#4Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 3/16/20 at 11:14pm

It was absolutely charming. O’Hara sang gorgeously : in her home office. Can’t wait to see Judy tomorrow

lachri5
#5Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 3/17/20 at 12:02am

It was absolutely delightful. Granted the sound quality wasn't the best, but Kelli still sounded amazing. Seth really mastered the art of interviews. And I got a shoutout :) Looking forward to tomorrow's shows.

lachri5
#6Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 3/17/20 at 12:05am

In the description section of the teaser video they posted, it says:

Confirmed celebrities include: Iain Armitage, Shoshana Bean, Laura Benanti, Sierra Boggess, Wayne Brady, Betty Buckley, Laura Bell Bundy, Andréa Burns, Kerry Butler, Norbert Leo Butz, Ann Hampton Callaway, Liz Callaway, Carolee Carmello, Kristin Chenoweth, Gavin Creel, Melissa Errico, Raul Esparza, Christopher Fitzgerald, Ana Gasteyer, Mandy Gonzalez, Justin Guarini, Debbie Gravitte, James Monroe Iglehart, Jeremy Jordan, Marc Kudish, Judy Kuhn, Anika Larsen, Linda Lavin, Beth Leavel, Telly Leung, Beth Malone, Melissa Manchester, Lindsay Mendez, Idina Menzel, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Jessie Mueller, Rosie O’Donnell, Kelli O'Hara, Alice Ripley, Adam Pascal, Faith Prince, Keala Settle, Marc Shaiman, Kate Shindle, Jennifer Simard, Elizabeth Stanley, Patrick Wilson, Marissa Jaret Winokur with many more to be announced!

Confirmed celebrity couples include Sebastian Arcelus and Stephanie J. Block, Will Chase and Ingrid Michaelson, Jen Cody and Hunter Foster, Jenn Colella and Chilina Kennedy, Colin Donnell and Patti Murrin, Santino and Jessica Fontana, Andy Karl and Orfeh, Liz Larsen and Sal Viviano, Audra McDonald and Will Swenson, Steven Pasquale and Phillipa Soo.

Updated On: 3/17/20 at 12:05 AM

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#7Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 3/17/20 at 2:00am

I wasn’t able to watch live but that was wonderful. Kelli is a gift to us all.

Soaring29 Profile Photo
Soaring29
#8Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 3/17/20 at 7:10am

I sadly missed it live(I didn't even know about it!) but it was definitely fun! I am so glad somebody asked about her next solo album! It's been 9 years and we have been waiting forever! Hopefully something gets off the ground with her 54 Below show or something else. I wish someone had brought up The Baker's Wife or Desiree in the Sondheim roles section. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#9Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 3/17/20 at 9:47am

It was delightful. Did I hear correctly that Marc Shaiman is writing his own hand-washing song to debut in his video?? Brilliant.

That said, if Seth/James or anyone from the Actors' Fund is listening:  I hope the Doctor does not appear in most of the livestreams... yes, it's important to hear new news developments, but I've been swimming in news/anxiety about COVID and would love it if I could forget about all that for these 45-minute concerts.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#10Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 3/17/20 at 9:48am

Loved this! Cain't wait for more!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#11Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 3/17/20 at 5:28pm

Jenn Colella and Chilina Kennedy are a couple? I had no idea.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#12Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 3/17/20 at 9:05pm

Just watched tonight's with Lindsey Mendez. Really good and the perfect break from everything. They talked about what is going on but they are asking for donations so that is expected.

They gave a list of upcoming guests. Marc Shaiman and Audra will be on.

Just give the world Love.

VintageSnarker
#13Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 3/17/20 at 9:21pm

Lindsay Mendez is an utter delight. I think it helped to have someone used to using technology and doing a Broadway.com vlog. It's a different skill set to perform to a webcam, laptop, etc. I wish they'd been able to reconnect to Ruthie. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#14Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 3/17/20 at 9:26pm

CATSNYrevival said: "Jenn Colella and Chilina Kennedy are a couple? I had no idea."

Yes. Seth mentioned he'll have them on at some point to do donations for the Canadian Actor's Fund.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#15Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 3/18/20 at 7:37pm

Marc Shaiman doing "Blame Canada" this afternoon was everything!

chrishuyen
#16Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 3/18/20 at 9:30pm

I've been loving these, Seth always seems to give people what we want to see.  Anika Larsen/Tom Kitt tomorrow afternoon to do a song from Almost Famous, and Keala Settle on in the evening, purportedly in full Oscars garb, I can't wait!  

I agree about Lindsay Mendez knowing how to use technology helps a lot, but I think it's kind of funny to see the process with all the technical difficulties too (Seth constantly muting himself at the end by accident is hilarious every time).

VintageSnarker
#17Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 3/19/20 at 3:28pm

chrishuyen said: "I agree about Lindsay Mendez knowing how to use technology helps a lot, but I think it's kind of funny to see the process with all the technical difficulties too (Seth constantly muting himself at the end by accident is hilarious every time)."

Oh, absolutely. There's something very charming about the fact that it's not a super slick, professional endeavor. 

My actual criticism is that there's an imbalance. They spend a lot of time talking to the doctor. If there aren't recent updates then what he says is just very repetitive. 

Finch
#18Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 3/19/20 at 6:28pm

Hey Folks-- we listen to show music over and over and over.  We listen--We like--We learn!

And now, during this time of realistic crisis, we have the opportunity to watch and hear performers who are giving us free concerts that we may never have been able to enjoy. 

Dr. LaPook has been refreshing  our knowledge about the Corona19 and how to avoid, hopefully prevent getting it.  Yes, it is repetitive, but yes, too, it is important.  If we hope to be alive and able to hear our favorite music [on what may be our favorite radio channel -- XM72], listen to the good doctor, as well.

Seth and James have been giving us the best 2 hours on each of the past three days.  And, I, am truly appreciative of their work. 

So--stop complaining about the Dr.'s performance--and enjoy what we most likely would have never been given!!!

Updated On: 3/19/20 at 06:28 PM

VintageSnarker
#19Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 3/20/20 at 3:03pm

This afternoon's show with Norbert was so wonderful. Great balance between songs and stories and guests and useful information. This felt tremendously healing.

barcelona20
#20Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 3/20/20 at 3:09pm

VintageSnarker said: "This afternoon's show with Norbert was so wonderful. Great balance between songs and stories and guests and useful information. This felt tremendously healing."

Could truly tell the loving bond between Norbert and John Lithgow.  Wonderful hour of watching, and can't wait for Patrick Wilson tonight and Audra/Will and Kristin tomorrow!

220Basswood
#21Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 3/20/20 at 6:36pm

Hi.  I went onto youtube and found where the past concerts could be played but where do I go to watch them while they are streaming live?  Can someone post a link or direct me to the correct location?  

chrishuyen
#22Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 3/20/20 at 6:39pm

If you go to the Actors Fund Youtube page, there will normally be a video there about 10 minutes before each show starts.  You can also use this: https://actorsfund.org/about-us/news/stars-house

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#23Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 3/21/20 at 6:46pm

Audra & Will this afternoon was everything! Love these! Cheno is on tonight.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#24Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 3/21/20 at 8:44pm

Jordan, where did your comment about the baby go? I was quoting it and it went away. She said she actually has two of them from the show.

Just give the world Love.

lachri5
#25Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 3/21/20 at 9:20pm

Just want to put it out there: Seth deserves a special Tony for doing this.

Videos