News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dwwst12

dwwst12 Profile Photo
Member Name: dwwst12
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LEMPICKA closing May 19  May 3 2024, 01:39:07 PM

BETTY22 said: "Heart did not expect any TONY nominations and budgeted accordingly.

The have enough money in reserve to get them to June when tourists arrive.

GOOD PRODUCING......
"

I don't have any knowledge of that, but it makes sense. I made this point when people were claiming the Tony noms would doom Lempicka and HoRR. I said Lempicka sure, but HoRR? I mean, how silly would you have to be, as a producer, to have thought that it would be a

Insert name of show : posting closing notices  Apr 30 2024, 09:53:16 PM

dramamama611 said: "If you were a first time investor and THAT'S what you thought despite seeing the grosses and knowing your break even point? You shouldn't be an investor. The day they announce closing means very little. It doesn't look any worse today v any other day. A flop is a flop. Getting Tony noms MIGHT have given them a reason to get more money to sustain."

So many thoughts.

First, who the heck are these investors, generally? If you

Next to Normal Broadway Revival?  Apr 18 2024, 10:10:19 PM

The original did recoup. 

Equity / Non-Equity tour prices  Feb 5 2024, 01:54:35 PM

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but...

What is the general sentiment about Broadway Series around the country charging the same or more for non-Equity vs. Equity tours?

I have to assume they're *paying* less for Non-Equity (otherwise, why would producers be so keen to see these tours proliferate?) I know that producers of the arts need all the money they can get now. But I can't shake my general irritation about money going into the pockets of companies, whi

& JULIET On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Jun 11 2023, 08:42:11 AM

bananamilk said: "Am I losing it or was Lorna sharp for that entire performance?! None of the comments on the youtube video mention this so I can't tell if it's just me being crazy 😭"

Oh you are definitely correct. It was very painful at the end. Really, no YouTube commenters mention it? 

& JULIET On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  May 30 2023, 11:03:26 AM

hearthemsing22 said: "My comment is absolutely NO reflection on how good the show is, because I love it so much. I've seen it the most out of any new musical this season. Trust me, I love it! But the competition is STRONG. So I was just curious."

Oh yeah, didn't mean to imply that! I second your thoughts completely.

I'm in the minority, I realize, but I loved both & Juliet and Shucked far more than KA... so if KA sweeps on Tony night it'll

& JULIET On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  May 30 2023, 10:03:17 AM

It will probably win very few. But that doesn't mean it's not a great show!

& JULIET On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Apr 26 2023, 06:15:42 PM

The whole cast was absolutely flawless in the theater, but this is the second TV appearance where the vocals sounded wobbly. This seems to happen a lot in these media performances…is it simply the audio setups and/or how well they can hear themselves? 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/16/23  Apr 20 2023, 11:02:44 AM

hache2 said: I wouldn't bet against Shucked lasting (at least through the summer) but neither would I bet on it long-term. They have not really made much progress despite very aggressive marketing but the producers appears truly devoted to giving it a go. The next few weeks will determine if it can pull a "Beetlejuice" or will just putter on losing money filling the house with cheap tickets."

Agreed. It could certainly go either way. But I

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/16/23  Apr 20 2023, 10:14:47 AM

DrMonicaDeMoneco said: "Tony nods ain’t gonna save Some Like It Hot Or Shucked. And it’s curtains for Kimberley right after the Tonys. Glad Kim is going out on tour! Make that money, honey!"

Man, I wish there were a betting market for this, because I'd take that action on Shucked, LOL. I think it'll be open in 2024. Take a look back at the BWW graph of the first six months of Rock of Ages' grosses, as just one example of how a show can progres

& JULIET On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Apr 20 2023, 10:03:59 AM

I'm going to answer my own question, in case it's helpful to somebody else. I bought TKTS on three different days for different combinations of friends and family, and what I got each time were dead Center Orchestra, Rows C, D, or E, for $163.

I believe that at least the D and E's are premium seats, knocked down to regular-ish prices. 

Great seats, and absolutely loved the show.

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Reviews  Apr 20 2023, 09:57:42 AM

Saw this a couple nights ago, and now have gone back and read these spoiler comments.

I'm sensing a sort of Dear Evan Hansen-esque Rorschach test here.

I (and the two people I attended with) fall squarely on the side of those who say that the humor didn't counterbalance the darkness -- just temporarily distracted from it. And that the parents in particular were incredibly unsympathetic. They're characters I'm not even sure I care to listen to again on the

SHUCKED On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Apr 20 2023, 09:40:39 AM

Saw it this past week and thought it was certainly the funniest thing I'd seen since BOM.

I can't quite relate to those who somehow think this is a cheap or dated brand of humor. Everything is cyclical, and all that is old becomes new again. Certainly this is a type of humor and show format that hasn't been attempted much on Broadway -- at least not in a long time. To me (I'm 47), rather than feeling stale, it was a refreshing break from the standard Broadway joke f

& JULIET On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Apr 7 2023, 01:16:16 PM

I'm planning to try to TKTS the show either Thursday or Saturday next week. I can see via the website that it's frequently on the board... but does anybody have insight as to how many tickets they usually send to the booth, and where the seats are? Thanks!

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/5/23  Mar 7 2023, 02:11:33 PM

If Kimberly were to announce a closing, do we think they'd at least continue through the "tickets on sale" date of early June at this point? I'm about to buy tickets for mid-April.

Since they've made it this far, it seems hard to imagine them not kicking in the extra money to keep it going until then.

Anthony Rapp's WITHOUT YOU at New World Stages  Jan 20 2023, 10:12:26 AM

Right -- I'm aware of both. I assume this response is more for the person I was responding to. I only called him a one-hit wonder because it seemed that was Islander_fan's implication.

Anthony Rapp's WITHOUT YOU at New World Stages  Jan 20 2023, 09:25:37 AM

Islander_fan said:  I have always found him to be talented, it’s sad though that even after all these years his biggest claim to fame is still Rent."

I think anyone trying to break into the industry would take that as a claim to fame.

I don't think you actually meant this in an unkind way. But there is a tendency (and it will eventually surface in this thread, if it hasn't already) for people to tear down "one-hit wonders"

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Reviews  Dec 14 2022, 02:06:15 PM

Akimbo fans/those in the know:

Given the positive trend line in grosses, can I now be hopeful that this will survive into the spring?? I have a trip planned in mid-April and it's at the top of my list!

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Reviews  Nov 12 2022, 09:35:37 PM

You could also just tell us what it says. :)

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Reviews  Nov 12 2022, 08:16:57 PM

A friend is at the show tonight and texted that VC is out. She's not scheduled to only do 6/week, right? I'm assuming she's just under the weather.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You