News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for absalom

Member Name: absalom
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024  Oct 25 2023, 12:27:53 AM

Was interested in catching this at one of the tables, but am coming in from out of town (Toronto), will be solo, and it sounds like tables are only sold in pairs.

Would anyone be interested in sharing a table? Was also considering the option to dine tableside for more of the experience, but not a dealbreaker.

I don’t post much here—primarily lurk to read all your fantastic reviews and news—but Miles2Go can vouch for me (we’ve met a few times atten

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Jan 10 2023, 04:53:22 PM

bwayphreak234 said: "binau said: "I know this is an odd question but would anyone have any thoughts on whether I should see the show or not? For context, I saw the recent Paris production with Christina Bianco so I feel I already ‘know’ what it’s like to see some powerhouse Fanny vocals live on stage. I don’t love the show but I LOVE Lea’s vocals on the cast album. However, I don’t know if it’s really worth paying so much money to se

Kimberly Akimbo Rush  Jan 9 2023, 02:23:51 AM

To add more data to the mix, did the Akimbo lottery for Tue Jan 3 and won 1 seat (first and only attempt) — sat in Row G, Orchestra Centre, Aisle seat 117.

Ticket was $40. View was fantastic.

DOWNSTATE - reviews  Jan 8 2023, 09:33:00 PM

Echoing the sentiments of everyone else here — so very grateful for the recommendation. Had one slot left in my trip and was debating between Topdog, Leopoldstadt, and Piano Lesson, until I read what everyone had to report. Was able to catch this at Saturday’s matinee when Tracy Letts was in attendance.

Still thinking and trying to process what I watched. As others have pointed out, in awe of Norris’s ability to deftly develop a character quickly, create sympathy

Phantom Closing?  Jan 2 2023, 09:10:32 AM

Phantour said: "Speaking of Ben Crawford being out of the show, he is on vacation this week. I believe he was supposed to perform yesterday, but Jeremy Stolle filled in for him. For the rest of the week, the role will be split between Greg Mills, Paul A. Schaefer and Ted Keegan."

Any idea when Ben will be back or where to find that info? Have tickets for Mon Jan 9 and would love to see him.

FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread  Nov 18 2022, 12:15:18 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "Seems strange to say it, but "Who Are You Now (Reprise)" is my favorite song in the show now, at least in this production. When I saw it with Beanie, it hardly registered as anything, but with Julie and Lea, it became the emotional high point of the second act, and the main reason it works for me now. Honestly, I think even the second half of the movie would be less of a slog if they included it, although Omar Sharif wasn't half the singer Ramin is

Will Little Shop of Horrors extend further?  Jan 31 2020, 02:05:16 PM

JSquared2 said: "absalom said: "Why would you ask the lottery person for a Playbill? Why not ask an usher or the house manager?”

When I was exiting the seating area into the upstairs lobby for intermission, she was the first staff member I saw. The conversation she was having about Emojiland was with someone who looked like they could have possibly been the house manager. That person stood next to us for the entire convers

Will Little Shop of Horrors extend further?  Jan 31 2020, 03:31:45 AM

OMG U Guyz said: "Yes it was not easy when Groff was still in - they’re only 10 tickets and people are allowed up to two. It’s also badly managed - the box office told me one thing and the person running the lottery told me the exact opposite. She also had an attitude which after waiting in the sleet for a while for the lottery it was not appreciated."

Encountered the same attitude when I did not receive a programme upon seating and approached her during

little shop attendance?  Jan 9 2020, 03:13:01 AM

Attended the Wednesday matinee today—January 8, 2020. Everyone was in, including Tammy Blanchard.

Tammy and Tom Alan Robbins (Mushnik) stagedoored. Groff also eventually came out and was super patient, taking pictures with everyone and signing everything from LSOH materials to Frozen paraphernalia despite the temperature drop and winds.

FWIW, the security guard (Dave?) acted surprised that Groff decided to come out because he supposedly doesn’t

HADESTOWN Reviews  Oct 9 2019, 08:46:32 PM

Long-time lurker. Made an account to post my experience, particularly as a thank you, since it was because of all your fantastic feedback throughout this forum that encouraged me to give Hadestown a shot and turned me from skeptic to absolutely enamoured in the month and half leading up to our visit to NYC. Apologies if this is too much information--and of course, obligatory spoiler warnings for those who haven't seen it.

We caught the matinee performance on Wednesday, October

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You