News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for whatsername2

Member Name: whatsername2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Has anyone recognized actors anywhere but a show?
 Oct 30 2019, 10:28:53 PM

I once saw Eva Noblezada on the street when I was - ironically - on my way to dinner right before seeing Hadestown. The two of us locked eyes for half a second, and she had the look of "I know you know who I am". I kept on walking and tried to play it cool, even though I was internally freaking out. 

My mom was with me when I saw Eva, and she was disappointed that I wasn't able to point her out in time; however, only a few weeks ago, she made up for it. My mom was in

re: movies you wish they would make into musicals
 Oct 15 2019, 09:23:36 PM

I would love a musical based off of "The Grand Budapest Hotel" (or really any other Wes Anderson movie like "Moonrise Kingdom"; his colors are bright and vibrant, the characters are quirky and memorable, and there are plenty of laughs. "Eighth Grade" could also work really well and maybe be reminiscent of Thirteen. I'd also love to see an adaptation (maybe a straight play) of "Whiplash", the tension would build and crescendo beautifully in person.

One night, one show...which one?
 Oct 15 2019, 02:27:56 PM

No matter which of these shows you choose, you and your daughter are sure to have a wonderful time! Seeing bway shows with my mom have made up a lot of my favorites memories and made us even closer. Have fun!!

Oct 15 2019, 02:13:09 PM

Jarethan said: "hak5 said: "HADESTOWN ! this is the MUST see show"

A 16 year old would not like Hadestown, most 16 year-olds would hate it.

Can we assume she has never seen Wicked? If not, no contest for a 16 year old girl. That demographic is one of the reasons the show is the juggernaut it is. Also, Dear EvanHansen was loved by a couple of 15 year-olds I know. It is intense, but it is about a teenage boy.

"

Jesus Christ Superstar Musical at Bass Concert Hall, Austin, Texas
 Oct 14 2019, 07:14:18 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Does Herod still have that flamboyant gold cape/cloak type thing in this production?"

Yep!

Oct 14 2019, 07:12:07 PM

Hi there! As an eighteen year old girl from the south who sees way shows with her mom, I feel uniquely qualified to help haha! Although I haven't seen Beetlejuice (decided to skip it for now and wait for the inevitable tour), Mean Girls is a ton of fun and reminiscent of the movie; as such, it has a lot of crazy teenage fangirls, which could be fun or a bit overwhelming depending on your personality and if you want to stage door. I agree that Moulin Rouge is fantastic and want nothing mor

Female Group Numbers
 Oct 14 2019, 07:01:35 PM

Some that come to mind for me are:

"Mama Who Bore Me Reprise" - Spring Awakening

Virtually anything from six (yes, they are solos, but there's a lot of back-up participation)

"Cell Block Tango" - Chicago

"Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now" and "Welcome to the Sixties" - Hairspray

"Positive" and "What You Want" - Legally Blonde

"Raise Your Voice" - Sister Act

"The Schuyler

Jesus Christ Superstar Musical at Bass Concert Hall, Austin, Texas
 Oct 14 2019, 06:51:59 PM

I was lucky enough to see JCS last Tuesday (the first official night on tour), and I absolutely loved it!! I've been a lifelong fan of Joseph, having had my mom play the recorded West End version on a loop as a kid, and I was overall disappointed by the Joseph tour a couple years back. I wasn't too sure if I wanted to see JCS, but after deciding on a whim to get a ticket (thank god for student rush), I'm so thankful that I went. The whole production was electrifying, with the ligh

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You