News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for 751guy

751guy Profile Photo
Member Name: 751guy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LADY DAY Reviews  Apr 13 2014, 11:29:13 PM
The show will definitely be extended.
All ready to go.

Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike  Jul 31 2013, 12:48:39 AM
Billy's final performance is this coming Sunday, Aug. 4, kids!!!

When I hear people talk about a show that was successful at McCarter, then at Lincoln Center, then at the Golden, winning the Tony as 'Best Play' of the season and they express their hatred for it, makes me wonder... NOT about the show, but about the people making the comments. Kind of makes me sad, too.

This is a terrific ensemble and production. Audiences are in love with it. Does it mean everyone will swoo

I'M GLAD MATILDA LOST LAST NIGHT!  Jun 10 2013, 08:02:55 PM
the awards are more political than who was the 'best'.

Ding! Ding! Ding!
No more calls, please.
We have a winner!!!

VANYA AND SONIA - post TONY extension?  Jun 10 2013, 02:49:16 PM
< I want it to be Julie White so badly.>

Post Tony morning discussion  Jun 10 2013, 12:57:49 PM
The show, like much of Broadway, was too too much. That tiny piece of real estate area called Broadway is a small community, a small stage for celebrity-obsessed America that's always trying to be more than it really is. Why else would a show celebrating Broadway NOT be in a Broadway house?

More than any other awards, Broadway has a schizophrenic personality as it promotes more and more and more, piously clinging to its desire to produce art. The result is you get major awards fo

VANYA AND SONIA - post TONY extension?  Jun 10 2013, 12:16:11 AM
You'll get your wish in August... but not with Sigourney.
Someone just as interesting though.

Into the Woods Central Park  Jun 7 2013, 11:37:46 AM
Try to catch the production of INTO THE WOODS at the McCarter Theatre before it closes. The FIASCO THEATER does a superb job, stripped down, sensational storytelling and wonderful performances. Like seeing a classic Shakespearean troupe taking on a terrific musical.
Pippin Reviews!  Apr 25 2013, 11:19:58 PM
Brantley didn't like it. Does anyone really care? This is a crowd-pleaser and will run. The original was the first show I ever saw on Broadway. Saw it many times at the Imperial and later on other stages so it holds special memories.

Was anxious to see this new production. Was disappointed the voices were not there in the opening number. I guess you hire singer/dancers or circus performers? Can't get one in the same. Terrence & Charlotte are super. Andrea Martin is superb. W

The Trip to Bountiful Reviews  Apr 23 2013, 10:26:04 PM
When did you ever hear of anyone, let alone an actress, not try to embrace an earlier birthdate? Maybe at this point in her life, with no more mountains to climb, Ms. Tyson is accepting her true age. Doesn't matter, this is THE performance of the season.
Can We Talk About Leading Actress In A Play?  Apr 22 2013, 11:15:43 PM
Jessica Hecht
Laurie Metcalf
Amy Morton
Fiona Shaw
Cicely Tyson

The five nominees.

Can We Talk About Leading Actress In A Play?  Apr 22 2013, 11:13:23 PM
Other than MATILDA winning Best Musical, this category is the biggest no brainer of the season. CICELY TYSON will win, hands down. See her. One of the greatest performances Broadway has ever seen.
How important is BroadwayWorld to Broadway?  Apr 15 2013, 12:26:09 AM
The majority of industry people read this board for laughs. Many of the regulars are so snarky and mean-spirited, it's somewhat pathetic they can find some semblance of serenity when the lights are off and the curtain is up. Guess that's what happens if you're not having true relationships? Then again, we'll take anyone's money even the whack jobs.

I come here when a show opens to get a recap of notices and might, occasionally check out a thread on the message board. This one ca

THE ANARCHIST to Close on Broadway December 16  Dec 5 2012, 06:21:31 PM
Yo, boy!
Shut up???!!! LOL

Oh, girl... it must be such a burden going thru life with such a small... one, always railing against people and acting like an ass. I now know who you are... you're the guy who's always sitting in front of me (you having paid, me with a comp) who has the head shaped like a penis and people keeping referring to you as 'Nick.' But this is your kingdom, little one, where you get to act like a theatre genuis and make snarky remarks, always trying to prove

THE ANARCHIST to Close on Broadway December 16  Dec 5 2012, 12:37:48 PM
Whenever a show closes early, lots of people are out of work, not just the actors, but then again, it's probably easier to be catty and cavalier about a show closing than having sensitivity about all those without paychecks, being out of work over the holidays. Jeez... aren't we all wonderful human beings?
Question about seating at the John Golden Theatre  Oct 25 2012, 06:25:13 PM
No more center aisle down the middle of the orchestra at the John Golden. 'Frogs' got it right. The seating chart on TeleCharge is the correct one. If you love the Broadway theatre, you're gonna' be blown away by the renovation that took place over the summer at the Golden. Incredible. The Shuberts have done a remarkable job. THE ANARCHIST company arrives soon from the West Coast where they've been rehearsing.

New play, new digs, who knows?

First Preview of The Performers  Oct 25 2012, 06:20:06 PM
Lights come up on an almost naked Cheyenne Jackson in the first scene, standing there buff, tattooed, pecs pumped, wearing a little suede bathing suit, which he soon takes off to reveal his 'SuperMan' briefs.... and yep, they're brief!!! I mean, come on... come on.... what more do you need?

When someone from the box office told me they had been selling lots of tickets to single men who wanted to sit up front, I suggested they pass out a kleenex with every ticket purchased.

Reminds me of a night at New World Stages years ago when EVIL DEAD was playing and the first three rows were sold as the 'Splatter Zone' since audience members might get covered with blood from the stage. A man came to the box office window, having just seen EVIL DEAD and wanted a ticket to the later performance of NAKED BOYS SINGING, playing in the same venue. But before buying the ticket, the man asked if he might be able to sit in the 'Splatter Zone.'

Guess what I'm trying to say is... whatever gets 'em into the theatre... all good.
Some is art and some ain't.

Was Nine's Win an Upset?  May 31 2012, 10:10:43 PM
I worked on the original DREAMGIRLS production when it premiered in Boston, leaving the audience dumb-founded and speechless after the first act curtain. The silence went on for what seemed like minutes, although it was only probably about twenty seconds. Of course, what happened next... the response was the most deafening sound I've ever heard in a theatre. The Boston audiences were stunned by what they had just witnessed and these were seasoned, hard-core theatergoers who had witnessed a li
Rock of Ages Rush  May 26 2012, 11:31:40 AM
Student rush is $32 (cash only, two tickets per I.D.) and you should be okay for Sunday night, June 10, though one performer probably won't be in the show that evening, opting to be on the arm of Tony-nominee Jeremy Jordan at the Tonys.

The show's been doing exceptionally well at the Helen Hayes lately. Maybe it's all the buzz about the movie and commercials for it? The staff has already started counting how many times people ask if Tom Cruise is in the show?

The Hayes box office is terrific, great crew of ticket sellers, and will work with you, making suggestions on how you can get the best seat for the smallest bucks... if, of course, it's not sold out by then.

And remember, kids... it's always better to approach any box office with a bit of humility and courtesy, rather than trying to prove you're smarter than they are.
Most box offices will help you out, but it's the customer who sets the tone. If you're unpleasant, somewhat terse or just plain rude... well... how would you react? You might end up with a ticket, but why would that person behind the window go out of their way for you when you're being an ass? They'll just wanna' get you out of there as quickly as possible so they can continue to have a good day and you can continue to fail anger management.

Just a suggestion. I could be wrong.

1st Tony Day Closing Notice - SEMINAR to close May 6th  May 2 2012, 12:37:19 PM
< Someone else pointed it out here, but it's an example of a cast having an affect on the play. It was an excellent original cast with Rickman, Rabe, etc. and their great abilities were able to somewhat cover the flaws in the play. When they put in a new cast of people who weren't quite as good as the original cast, it exposed every flaw in the play. >

Always find it interesting here that someone will post something that's flawed or misinformed opinion and often it's embraced as

Yesterday SEMINAR Archive taping  Apr 27 2012, 01:10:36 AM
< So yesterday's two performance were archive tapings. >

^^^
Sorry. Not true.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You