News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jezebel

Jezebel Profile Photo
Member Name: Jezebel
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: MEF on FRAN'S BED *possible spoilers*
 Sep 11 2005, 06:16:46 PM
Thanks, MEF. That's so disappointing!

I hope I get a chance to see Ms.Farrow on stage at some point, at least.

re: MEF on FRAN'S BED *possible spoilers*
 Sep 11 2005, 06:06:10 PM
I would so love to see this! Mia Farrow is incredible.

Do you think there is any remote chance of it being extended to, say, the end of November? October 9th seems like a quick closing, considering it only opens on September 25th!

Would it be a surpise to see a show like this extend?

Arthur Miller's best work?
 Aug 21 2005, 06:07:26 PM
What is your favourite Arthur Miller play?

I've just seen a fantastic production of "A View from the Bridge", and it has now overtaken "Death of a Salesman" as my own personal favourite. How have the productions you've seen changed your view of the play as it is read?

re: Doubt 6/26
 Jun 27 2005, 04:23:19 AM
Saying there is no spoiler is kind of a spoiler in itself!
re: For any Londoners...
 Jun 1 2005, 09:46:29 AM
They're still going, if anybody wants them!
For any Londoners...
 May 31 2005, 06:28:28 PM
I was due to be in London briefly next month, but due to a change in circumstances, the trip has been postponed. I have single tickets to both Mary Poppins and Guys and Dolls for June 22nd and June 23rd. So if anybody wants them, they can have them! I'm not looking for any money, I just don't want to see them wasted!
re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
 May 27 2005, 06:06:19 PM
I think I heard that the Rent trailer would be playing before 'Bewitched' too, but that could be wrong.
re: Rachel York in 'Lucy'
 May 27 2005, 06:05:18 PM
I saw Rachel in Sly Fox last year and she was amazing. It's just a pity she didn't sing!
re: The Beauty Queen of Leenane
 May 25 2005, 04:50:11 PM
Thank you both. I've read the play and loved it, but I've never seen it performed. I actually passed Anna Manahan on the street yesterday, which got me thinking about it!

The Beauty Queen of Leenane
 May 25 2005, 04:12:26 PM
I was wondering if any posters had seen the Broadway production of 'The Beauty Queen of Leenane' in the late 90s - and if anybody would be so kind as to share a couple of their thoughts on the play, and in particular the performances of Brian F.O'Byrne and Anna Manahan. I would appreciate it. Thanks!
re: Broadway Closing Performances -- Which Ones Have You Attended?
 May 22 2005, 09:31:12 PM
I was at the last performance of Thoroughly Modern Millie, which was only three quarters full and didn't really seem to be anything special.
re: Phantom Movie- HUH??
 May 22 2005, 06:19:04 PM
I had no problem making out the words, and I agree - it's a beautiful translation of the stage show. More than I hoped for, actually.
BKLYN
 May 10 2005, 02:25:08 PM
Indeed, robbiej. There's always disappointments - we can only hope that the happy surprises outnumber them. Poor Natasha.
BKLYN
 May 10 2005, 02:16:49 PM
I am thrilled that Laura Linney received a nomination, she truly deserves it. I'm slightly torn between her and Mary Louise Parker for who I want to win.
re: Toughest Tony Category?
 May 9 2005, 08:13:37 PM
Odd that one of the toughest categories last year, Leading Actress in a Musical, is one of the least exciting this year. For me, anyway! Isn't it funny how there were so many good female roles last year, but this year there doesn't seem to be?
re: Will you get up early for the noms?
 May 9 2005, 07:56:31 PM
Well I'll cross my fingers for you, luvtheEmcee, if you'll do the same for me!
 May 9 2005, 07:52:53 PM
I saw the show in London, and I think you've summed it up well! No Raul in London, though...will a nomination satisfy you, or do you want all-out victory? For me, all I want is Laura to get at least a nomination! I daren't dream of victory.
 May 9 2005, 07:47:17 PM
From your icon, I take it you like Chitty, luvtheEmcee? I hope you get the noms you're looking for! I myself think I will be sorely disappointed when Laura Linney will be overlooked, but I guess you never know! Until tomorrow, there's always hope.
re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
 May 8 2005, 09:19:33 PM
Plum, have a little faith! Surely not all Tony voters are so money-driven - if you truly believe this is how the awards are decided, in such a calculated and cynical manner, why afford them any respect? Perhaps this is naive, but I believe that previous results should have no bearing whatsoever on the outcome. Every year is a new contest! May the best show win.
re: About a day left until the Tony nominations- any last minute thoughts?
 May 8 2005, 09:10:49 PM
I hope Laura Linney isn't forgotten. The memory of Sight Unseen may have faded, but I'm hoping for at least a nomination - she's one of the best actresses around. Award her accordingly!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You