News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Rage and Love

Rage and Love Profile Photo
Member Name: Rage and Love
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Easy Rushes
 May 26 2012, 07:35:54 AM
Thank you, everyone. Think we're going to try the Jersey Boys rush, and if no luck, check out the Newsies and Peter lottos.
Easy Rushes
 May 24 2012, 09:05:48 PM
Sorry if this a double post, but I'm heading to NYC Saturday with my mom and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on the easier rushes or lottos! Thanks!
LEAP Rush and Question
 May 9 2012, 09:34:10 AM
Yeah, Theatrical, the Saint James is always a good place to get rush. I feel like they always give the tickets out, as long as they have the space available, unlike other theaters I've been to.
Jersey boys rush?
 May 2 2012, 11:44:47 AM
Anything else on this as of late? I want to possibly see this show with my mom in a few weekends.
Book of Mormon SRO and Lottery
 Mar 25 2012, 06:59:15 PM
Quizking101, Same happened to me being at the front of line. I couldn't believe the woman who came up to when the line obviously had more people wishing to get tickets than there were actual tickets. I've been at the end of rush ticket lines, have been that person who didn't get a ticket. I couldn't imagine standing in line for hours and not get a ticket because of this one woman who approached me moments before I purchased my tickets.
Gavin Creel to Play PIPPIN?
 Mar 16 2012, 12:44:23 PM
Oh! Are there any rough dates for this? I've seen local productions of Pippin as a kid and would love to see this in NY!
Book of Mormon Standing Room
 Jan 7 2012, 02:38:07 AM
I know there are many other threads on this, but I couldn't find a recent one. A friend and I are planning on going Wednesday for the matinee. What time would you recommend getting there based on experience? Would love to finally see the show after 3 failed lotto attempts!
easiest
 Dec 31 2011, 02:06:26 AM
I had an easy time at Memphis in October. Walked in at 3 for an 8 oclock show. Granted not an hour before, but still easy.
2011 Theatrical Confessions
 Dec 31 2011, 02:01:40 AM
Enjoyed: American Idiot, The Addams Family, Spider-man, Hair, Rent, Rock of Ages, Phantom, Memphis, Seminar
Indifferent of: Jerusalem, Sister Act, Chicago
Hated: Lysistrata Jones

LYSISTRATA JONES -- 1st Preview TOMORROW!
 Dec 9 2011, 12:51:51 PM
I too saw the show last night, and luckily I got in for free thanks to a Facebook page. My friend compared it to an "adult" High School Musical. We both had found it very predictable. Lysistrata's main goal, saddened me. Who would ever have a main goal in life like this? However, I think the actors were extremely talented and are above the quality of this production.
Adam Pascal Opening Night in Memphis
 Nov 10 2011, 08:12:44 PM
I had to lift my head to see the brick on the floor and to see Felicia's brother's scar, but that was all I missed in the front row. I've had far worse partial view.
Adam Pascal Opening Night in Memphis
 Nov 7 2011, 01:05:32 PM
I like Adam a lot in this show. I didn't see Roger in the performance at all. I saw it on the 26th, which was his second night I think. The rush tickets were so damn easy to get. It was a matinee day after all. Probably got there around 3:30 for 8 o'clock.
Rock of Ages Rush
 Nov 7 2011, 12:59:10 PM
Vagabond- I went October 2(Sunday) and got to the theatre around 10:30. Nobody really showed up until 11:30 and even then I probably would have gotten a ticket because it wasn't a huge crowd. The first time I rushed at the original theatre, the people at the box office gave my friend and I lotto tickets even though we didn't enter because they had 2 left. I guess they don't have a huge rush basis ordinarily.
Most Expensive/Least Expensive Show You've Seen
 Oct 23 2011, 11:28:45 PM
A lot of the shows I saw others paid for me to go, whether it be friends, my mom, or my boyfriend. I also had this "job" where I took my mom's friend's daughter to see American Idiot and Rent. Her mom not only paid for orchestra seats, but also gave me transportation and food money: Once even $80 for myself. Must be nice to have all that $, but anyway...I even obtained 2 free tickets to Sister Act recently.
Most expensive: American Idiot- $63 Orch tix tickets through TKTS
Least expensive

What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?
 Sep 25 2011, 09:05:10 PM
Sounds like everyone had a great time for the most part. Totally jealous of ticket winners.
I purchased:
A Playbill logo bag ($5)
An American Idiot poster ($5)
2 American Idiot dogtags ($1 each)
The book Hamlet for my boyfriend who needs it for school ($1)
An orange candle ($2)
Chances to win tickets at the Givenik booth. I put in for On a Clear Day twice and once for Voca people. (3 for $5)
Disney pins/ merch even though I just wanted the one Little Mermaid "Broa

Favorite Scene from Your Favorite Broadway Show
 Sep 16 2011, 10:52:37 PM
Tough. It's a tie between the final monologue in American Idiot: "And that was that, or so it seemed. Is this the end or just the beginning? All I know is, she was right. I am an idiot. It's even on my birth certificate in so many words. This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life." and Hair's "Flesh Failures". Absolutely beautiful. Guess I'm a sucker for the endings.
Flea Market 2011 Thread
 Sep 13 2011, 09:49:19 PM
Joy of joys! Dream of dreams! Adam Pascal, how I am fangirling over thee right now.
Catch Me if You Can Rush
 Aug 21 2011, 11:10:10 PM
Does anyone know if rush has been harder to get beccause the show's closing?
How'd You Get Into Theatre?
 Aug 11 2011, 10:34:28 AM
Glad I inspired you Kad! I was always a fan of movie musicals as a child, especially after I saw a local production of The Sound of Music. From there, my uncle took me to see lots of productions at a local college and a family friend took me to see some high school producions. I saw shows like Anything Goes, Pippin, Godspell, and Carousel at a pretty young age. It's kind of funny though because nobody in my family is "into it" as I am. They like theater, but I live for it. Then I saw Beauty and
Let's do a fun post
 Aug 10 2011, 11:46:51 PM
@ QResident, not bad at all! It was three years until I saw a show on Broadway again (The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee) after my first time in the theater!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You