"Easy" rushes/lottos?

hdl
#1"Easy" rushes/lottos?
Posted: 12/29/11 at 10:35pm

What have been the "easier" rushes and lottos recently? Ones where you can walk up an hour or two before showtime and usually get a ticket. Thanks!

Updated On: 12/29/11 at 10:35 PM

emilyfaye48 Profile Photo
emilyfaye48
#2easiest
Posted: 12/29/11 at 10:45pm

I haven't been in a long time but i bet Memphis is easy. Chicago, Seminar, Chinglish, Lysistrata Jones, Mamma Mia, Mary Poppins, On A Clear Day, Stick Fly, Road to Mecca.
Kinda guessing on my part but i think these are probably the easiest.

Without bread we'd just be hungry but without theatre we'd be dead
Updated On: 12/29/11 at 10:45 PM

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#2easiest
Posted: 12/29/11 at 10:56pm

OTHER DESERT CITIES was good, but a bit of a commitment.
For that, arrive 3 hours before, and Student Rush and Standing Room go on sale 2 hours before...

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

RemlapLBC
#3easiest
Posted: 12/30/11 at 12:10am

Sunday night in December, we wandered over to Priscilla after seeing matinee H2$ as I knew they had a Sunday nights show, and the person who walked in directly before us was able to purchase the last two lotto tickets. (ie: everyone won the lottery, and they had seats left over that.) We asked if they had more, and was told those were the last two but could get us $43 balcony seats.

We ended going out dinner instead, so can't comment on the show.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#4easiest
Posted: 12/30/11 at 12:20am

Rent has $40 lotto loser seats. Not bad.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

tmbyru Profile Photo
tmbyru
#5easiest
Posted: 12/30/11 at 11:10am

Rock of Ages has easy student rush. Lysistrata also had very easy rush tickets, plus they are front row.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#6easiest
Posted: 12/30/11 at 11:16am

Those RENT loser lotto seats are not done for every performance.

Just give the world Love.

wicked4l
#7easiest
Posted: 12/30/11 at 11:56am

Memphis is NOT easy. They still sell out fast in the morning.

Rage and Love Profile Photo
Rage and Love
#8easiest
Posted: 12/31/11 at 2:06am

I had an easy time at Memphis in October. Walked in at 3 for an 8 oclock show. Granted not an hour before, but still easy.

"And that was that or so it seemed. Is this the end or the beginning? All I know is, she was right. I am an idiot. It’s even on my birth certificate in so many words. This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Vagabond Anarchist Profile Photo
Vagabond Anarchist
#9easiest
Posted: 12/31/11 at 2:25am

Did Memphis in early November and there were only 2 people there right at 10am. So it didn't require a long wait in line.

Same with Mary Poppins - went an hour early and we were shocked that there was no one there. To the point where we kept double checking online to make sure the show actually *did* rush. No sign of anyone else seeking rush tickets the entire hour we were in line, or the 10 min or so it took us to get our ticket bought.

Also had a very easy time with Rock of Ages in late Nov.

defygravity24 Profile Photo
defygravity24
#10easiest
Posted: 12/31/11 at 11:33pm

Follies seems to give away whatever they don't have sold as rush, so thats an easy one. When I rushed Patti and Mandy, at 10am there were only 3 people at the box office.

Videos