News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for uptowndowntown

Member Name: uptowndowntown
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Godspells Uzo Aduba in new Netflix series Orange Is The New Black
 Jul 23 2013, 06:38:53 PM
Great cast!! So may amazing theater actors - maria dizzia, annie golden, elizabeth rodriguez, michael chernus, pablo schreiber, etc etc etc.
Free New York New York Festival At Labyrinth Theater this week
 Mar 20 2013, 03:32:28 AM
I wish i saw this reading. Tonight I just read there's a reading of Shanley's play Danny and the Deep Blue Sea with Sam Rockwell and Elizabeth Rodriguez from Motherf'r with the Hat. Holy sh*t! And then Amiri Baraka's Dutchman on Thursday with Jennifer Mudge. Not sure who's playing Clay but Danny/Sea and Dutchman at Labyrinth?!? Amazing!
Ninth & Joanie
 Apr 16 2012, 02:22:54 PM
I think you should. It was a huge surprise for me, the whole style and tone and pacing of it was outstanding and off putting, but somehow grabbed me and pulled me in. I didn't see the last labyrinth play but i've seen Motherf***er With The Hat, Jack Goes Boating, Our Lady of 121st Street, Unconditional, Little Flower of Orange, A School of the Americas - and I really liked this one a lot. Totally different non-traditional pacing and storytelling, great performances, great set.
Ninth & Joanie
 Apr 16 2012, 11:44:45 AM
I saw this last night. Holy s**t! I went because I've seen and liked some of labyrinth's shows in the past and I got a ticket for only $25 but I was floored by the whole play and production and cast. I didn't know what to expect going in. It was an incredibly sad and moving and cathartic experience. And Kevin Corrigan was fantastic. Has anyone on here seen it? I loved it!
the house of blue leaves
 Jun 24 2011, 05:33:45 AM
not sure. but edie is great in the play!!
I think Edie Falco was better than Ellen Barkin-don't hate me.
 Jun 24 2011, 04:09:56 AM
I actually truly believe Ellen Barkin winning the Tony was the worst award given all night. I saw all five best featured actress performances and i have to say - and I loved The Normal heart and saw it twice - I would have put Barkin's performance fifth out of the five. Seriously. I saw her twice and she screamed her entire monologue in an annoying one-note pitch. If anything, it was the SPEECh, maybe, that deserved the Tony, but definitely not the speaker of that speech. I would have voted for
USAToday's Elysa Gardner makes Tony predictions
 Jun 10 2011, 02:56:16 AM
and your acting winners are:
McDormand
Rylance or Cannavale
Vazquez
Rodriguez
S.Foster
T.Sheldon
Nikki James
Rory McElroy

Best Actor - Musical and Play -- Upsets?
 Jun 6 2011, 07:30:29 PM
Rylance was bigger than life, brilliant. A giant on the stage.
Cannavale WAS life. Also brilliant. Very human.
neck-and-neck down to the wire.

TONY Tony predictions
 Jun 6 2011, 07:16:52 PM
Interesting predictions on a very tough year. We, the audiences, have been the winners this year. As for TimeOut's predictions I sure hope Elizabeth Rodriguez beats Ellen Barkin in Best Featured Actress category. In fact I'd put Rodriguez first, Falco second, Light thrid and Barkin 4th. (I didn't see Lumley in La Bete). Barkin was good but her role was less challenging than the others and i found it to be too shrill and strident with some very odd choices. I think that category is going to g
Will Motherf*cker Extend Again?
 Jun 2 2011, 04:06:34 AM
I hope it extends! But Rosie Perez? No way. Besides that fact that she's way too old for the part, I can't imagine ANYONE doing that part as well as Elizabeth Rodriguez. She tears up the stage and breaks your heart at the same time. I think Yul Vazquez is pretty irreplaceable too. Same with Cannavale. I could see them extending without Chris Rock and Annabella Sciorra but I hope the other three stay in the show for however long it continues to run.
Tony 'Votes' - NOT predictions
 May 30 2011, 02:18:20 PM
Play - Mother****er

Musical - Mormon

Revival Play - The Merchant of Venice

Revival Musical - Anything Goes

Lead Actor Play - Mark Rylance

Lead Actress Play - Lily Rabe

Lead Actor Musical - Tony Sheldon

Lead Actress Musical - Sutton Foster

Featured Actor Play - Yul Vazquez (though I loved Hickey and Moyad)

Featured Actress Play - Elizabeth Rodriguez

Featured Actor Musical - Coleman Domingo

Featur

2011 TONY Predictions Thread
 May 24 2011, 05:00:09 PM
PLAY -
Will - War Horse
Should - Mf**ker
Nom - Bengal Tiger

Musical -
Will - Mormom
Should - Mormon
Nom - X

Revival of Play -
Will - Normal Heart
Should - Merchant of Venice
Nom - X

Revival Musical -
Will - Anything Goes
Should - Anything Goes
Nom - X

Lead Actor Play -
Will - Rylance
Should - Rylance
Nom - X

Lead Actress Play -
Will - Mcdormand
Should - Lily Rabe
Nom - Cherry

2011 Drama Desk Award Winners
 May 24 2011, 04:30:45 PM
I just hope War Horse doesn't win for best play. That would be crazy. For its production values, sure. Ven for direction possibly, ok. But play? Over its excellently written competition? I certainly hope not.
2011 Drama Desk Award Winners
 May 24 2011, 02:43:13 AM
MFWithTheHAT at the Tonys? Does Cannavale pull off the upset and win there too? Does Yul Vazquez win - remember Bedford is in Lead category. Does Elizabeth Rodriguez win as both Brantley and Isherwood said she deserves - she won Outer Critics but wasn't nominated for a Drama Desk, which is crazy! And does Guirgis win for the play since Tony voters are mostly theater professionals, not a handful on dot.com critics who vote for Drama Desks, and hopefully they'll vote for a play with a good SCRIP
Tony Predictions
 May 5 2011, 03:54:16 PM
Musical - Mormon
Play - M****r or Good People
Director Musical - Mormon
Director Play - War Horse
Actor Musical - Tony Sheldon
Actress Musical - Sutton Foster
Actor Play - Mark Rylance
Actress Play - Frances McDormand
Featured Actor Musical - Rory O'Malley
Featured Actress Musical - Laura Benanti
Featured Actor Play - Arian Moyaed or JBHickey
Featured Actress Play - Elizabeth Rodriguez
Choreography - Anything Goes
Set, Play - War Horse or Mfck

2011 Tony Award Nomination Discussion thread
 May 3 2011, 10:50:28 AM
VERY HAPPY to see nominations for Arian in Bengal Tiger and Elizabeth Rodriguez in Motherf**ker!!!! They were the HEARTS of those productions. Also thrilled to see Colman Domingo, Mark Rylance, Yul Vazquez, John Benjamin Hickey, all 4 best Play noms, all 5 Best Actor and Best Actress noms. An incredible year for broadway!
If you could pick ONE Tony nominee, who would you choose?
 Apr 29 2011, 06:10:05 PM
i'm picking four: Mark Rylance for Jerusalem, Elizabeth Rodriguez for Motherfuc*er with the Hat, Sutton Foster for Anything Goes and Nina Arianda for Born Yesterday.
Final Tony nomination predictions - post them here!
 Apr 29 2011, 04:33:27 PM
Best Musical:
The Book of Mormon - winner
Scottsboro Boys
Sister Act
Catch Me if You Can

Play:
Jerusalem
Good People - winner
Motherfuc*er with hat
War Horse

Musical Revival:
Anything goes - winner

Play Revival:
Driving Miss Daisy
The Normal Heart - winner
The Importance of Being Earnest - (possible winner)
Merchant of Venice

Actor - Musical
N. Leo Butz
Josh Gad
Tony Sheldon - winner
Daniel R

Final TONY Decisions Revealed on PRISCILLA, MORMON, WONDERLAND, SISTER ACT & More
 Apr 29 2011, 03:04:59 PM
Now that Elizabeth Rodriguez and Edie Falco are both officially in Featured Category that really changes things for Lead Actress. I would have thought the 5 lead nominations were going to be McDormand, Arianda, Rabe, and then 2 slots left for Redgrave, Rodriguez, Falco.

Now I guess the 5 Lead Noms will be: Arianda, McDormand, Rabe, Redgrave and I'll guess Cherry Jones, over Kathleen turner.

In Featured:
Edie Falco
Elizabeth Rodriguez
Ellen Barkin
Estelle Par

Drama Desk Nominations...
 Apr 29 2011, 10:51:15 AM
I'm happy to see Adam Bock's "A Small Fire" and its director Tripp Cullman nominated. I cannot believe the snub for Elizabeth Rodriguez in Motherfu**er. She was the heart of that show. And the War Horse directors should have been nominated too. And a nomination for Logan Marshall Green for Adam Rapp's play? No way. He was one of the weakest in the cast, let alone the entire theatre season.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You