News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ethan231h

ethan231h Profile Photo
Member Name: ethan231h
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What were your favorite musical showstopper moments this season?  Jun 9 2019, 12:56:01 PM

Wait For Me - Hadestown

The Lady's Improving - The Prom

Dream Ballet - Oklahoma!

Not totally "showstopping" but I love Tonight Belongs To You from The Prom as well.

Hoping for some upsets tonight for a fun Tony TV show.  Jun 9 2019, 12:44:51 PM

Also rooting for The Prom!!! As much as I love Hadestown, The Prom is a really special show that deserves to be recognized. Also, the marketing of Hadestown has sorta put the message out there that they are the best musical ever and no one can touch it and I just think that doesn't make me want to support them if they have that mentality (producers)

Be More Chill or The Prom?  Jun 6 2019, 02:43:03 PM

The Prom

Jun 4 2019, 04:48:23 PM

Rachel Bay Jones as Catherine in Pippin.

Sas Goldberg as Kiki in Significant Other.

Julie Halston as Gay Wellington in You Can't Take It With You.

Beth Leavel as Dee Dee Allen in The Prom.

OKLAHOMA! Previews  Mar 21 2019, 11:48:57 PM

I think the production needs to do a better job at marketing themselves. This is a new, different, darker Oklahoma! Clearly people do not realize that until the show starts......and then they hate it- as they were expecting to see Oklahoma! as they know it.

Ain't Too Proud Reviews  Mar 21 2019, 11:02:13 PM

A Director said: "This show will probably run longer than THE CHER SHOW and THE PROM."

While maybe true, The Prom is not a jukebox.

OKLAHOMA! Previews  Mar 21 2019, 10:54:19 PM

BenElliott said: "I thought this was really fantastic Off Broadway and was really a testament to how timeless and deep Rodgers and Hammerstein's musicals are. While I love a purist's paradise like the sublime Hello, Dolly! revival, I also really love a complete reinterpretation like this or one of Doyle's revivals or even "Yiddler." I'm kind of shocked by the super negative reviews here."

This!

OKLAHOMA! Previews  Mar 20 2019, 12:29:23 AM

I remember reading/or watching a video with the director Daniel Fish and he said this is like there was a time capsule with the script/score to Oklahoma! and he took it and just did what he thought the script was. After seeing this at St Anns in the fall I can say this is definitely the case. But it works (in my opinion). This show is NOT for everyone but you should know going into it that you are not seeing the Oklahoma! you once knew.

OKLAHOMA! Previews  Mar 20 2019, 12:10:03 AM

_(•_&bull_/ said: "Tony nominations? (If any)"

It will likely sweep many categories

KISS ME, KATE! (2019) Reviews  Mar 19 2019, 02:16:49 PM

Extended to June 30

OKLAHOMA! Previews  Mar 18 2019, 11:04:07 PM

Will be there next week after loving it at St Anns, very excited

What The Constitution Means To Me Broadway Previews  Mar 17 2019, 01:42:33 PM

Will the pocket constitutions be handed out for the whole run?

Hillary and Clinton previews  Mar 16 2019, 08:30:48 PM

Love this, going next week!

2 show slots, not a lot to see.  Mar 15 2019, 06:49:19 PM

Oklahoma! is really something special. Don't miss it. 

Hillary and Clinton starts tomorrow so you can see some early reviews on that thread tomorrow night.

What The Constitution Means To Me Broadway Previews  Mar 14 2019, 10:35:04 PM

Very excited to see this in May, missed it in the fall!

April Shows with 76 year old mom and 13 year old son  Mar 12 2019, 11:48:01 AM

The Prom!

THE PROM  Mar 12 2019, 01:52:37 AM

The cast just shot a huge new promo campaign, they should be open through the Tonys. The show has had similar grosses to Gentleman's Guide back in late 2013/early 2014. Not saying The Prom will win the tony but hopefully wants nominations come out the sales will pick up. It really is such a special gem that everyone should see. 

Another What Should I See Thread...  Mar 7 2019, 04:50:15 PM

Oklahoma! Such a unique and special production.

Must-sees (TKTS) right now  Mar 4 2019, 07:19:09 PM

The Prom!

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/3/19  Mar 4 2019, 03:14:23 PM

Not the best week but that was expected..usually the first week or so of March is the worst. 

On another note, The Prom should have some new marketing material coming out, they did a big photoshoot on Friday.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You