News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gray_area

Member Name: gray_area
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Company Previews Thread
 Mar 2 2020, 10:16:04 PM

Wow I better get tickets stat.

Six Rush or Lottery News
 Feb 16 2020, 06:54:59 PM
Is this still available? Sent you a PM
Sending love to Mandy Gonzalez
 Jan 22 2020, 12:30:51 PM

So insipiring and so brave. All my best wishes to her and her family.

I'm also so glad she's shedding light to this issue of going through an elective mammogram. As someone who has gone through a similar ordeal, if you can, please be proactive about your health!

Jagged Little Pill preview thread
 Nov 11 2019, 12:53:47 AM

Saw the matinee today and while I do recognize the attempt to make the story tighter compared to the ART tryouts, it still felt quite lacking to me. I echo a lot of what Auggie27 has posted above. Cutting a few of those plot points would have probably helped in reaching a better resolution for the book. For what it's worth, today's matinee audience seemed to loved the whole thing and the standing O after " You Oughta Know" did not feel as forced as some are referring(Persona

Freestyle Love Supreme After Sound Inside or Moulin Rouge?
 Nov 8 2019, 02:55:36 PM

I did this a couple of weeks ago (MR at 7pm, FLS 10pm Sunday) and had zero problems getting to the Booth on time when MR let out of the theater. I was even back of the Mezz for MR for what it's worth. Helps that both theaters are just a block away from each other. Studio 54 is much farther though so I'd say do it on Sunday night.

Throw in a Sunday matinee and make it an awesome theater day. Have fun.

Traveling between Boston and NYC for shows
 Oct 9 2019, 11:22:53 PM

Greyhound buses are the most reliable and convenient for shows since it drops off at Port Authority on 42nd and 8th. If you wanna splurge on a bus to midtown, there's the Limoliner that drops off/leaves from Midtown Hilton on 53rd. It's cheaper than most amtrak routes and they provide meals/drinks. Buses are the worst for travel during long weekends/holidays though, esp. thanksgiving. Unless you take the odd hour bus schedules, prepared to be in the bus for 5-6 hours.

I find re

Moulin Rouge (pro) reviews
 Sep 18 2019, 11:18:44 PM

Finally got to see this show this past weekend after seeing it in Boston. Thought it was in great shape and found that I enjoyed it more over-all now on Broadway. Also felt like Olivo/Tveit played off each other better than they did in Boston. Brought my family who hadn't seen it before and they also has a blast.

FREESTYLE LOVE SUPREME Previews
 Sep 18 2019, 11:14:33 PM

Just to add my two cents, they also ask smart watches to be put in the Yondr pouches but the person who handed me my pouch didn't check until I mentioned it. So for what it's worth, they're not strictly enforcing but it is nice that everyone was present for and enjoying the performance. (although can't say the same about the lady who sat next to me and complained the entire time how the whole improv was planted but to each their own!)

MOULIN ROUGE Cast Recording Out Today! - Thoughts
 Aug 30 2019, 10:28:42 AM

I thought the album was a tad overproduced? Tried to go a little bit of everything and comes out a bit too much for my liking. I enjoyed the vocals better live, Tveit in particular sounds better live than in this recording. I'm still not a fan of Firework on the show but Olivo knocks that out of the park so I can't hate it as much.

But I agree, this is good music to listen to while at the gym.

Six at the ART
 Aug 28 2019, 06:55:56 PM

I LOVED this. From the pre-show music to the songs and performances! What a fun night and I want to go back soon!

Moulin Rouge changes for Broadway
 Jun 4 2019, 06:55:28 PM

camncal said: "I really hope they make Christian walk down the aisle in the finale like the movie, i don't know why that was not done. this is one of the biggest moments i was looking forward to, but nope."

If I remember correctly, they actually did this in the very first preview in Boston but it was eventually removed when I saw it later in the run.

And I also agree that Firework needs to go. I hope they make enough changes to the book. Still looking forw

Moulin Rouge Seating Question
 Aug 13 2018, 05:25:02 PM

Sat in Orch K18. You miss some action at the back of the stage left area (parts of Bad Romance/Roxanne numbers). It wasn't severely limited though imo.

Moulin Rouge ticket, 08/10 Friday, 8PM
 Aug 9 2018, 11:52:00 AM

Bump. Ticket still available.

Moulin Rouge ticket, 08/10 Friday, 8PM
 Aug 8 2018, 12:54:58 PM

Hi. I have an extra Balcony row G ticket for Friday's 8PM Moulin Rouge performance. Asking $60. PM if interested!

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
 Aug 5 2018, 04:07:15 PM

dramamama611 said: "Has anyone here seen this from the BALCONY? I'm considering going back again, but don't want to spend too much $. Thoughts appreciated!
"

Saw this from the side balcony row C but near center aisle. Actually liked the view better than from when I first saw it from side orchestra. It was surprisingly not as far from the stage as I thought they would be so that you could still see the actors' facial expressions. If you can, get seats

Jul 30 2018, 07:55:49 AM

So I got to see this show again last night after seeing the first preview. I still very much enjoyed it and I welcomed the minor changes (I didn't think there were any drastic changes tbh). I really liked that they added the dialogue making Come What May their secret song and was used very briefly by Satine in the end before she goes back to Your Song. Although I wish they'd get rid of the Come What May lyrics during the Elephant Love Medley because that still does not make any sense

Jul 19 2018, 11:43:18 AM

Dramamama611 is correct. Stagedoor is at Allen's Alley (if you want to map it) which is essentially the alley shared by the Colonial and the Cutler Majestic Theater. It's just around the construction on the corner of Boylston and Tremont Streets.

Is JLP transferring?
 Jul 17 2018, 09:55:21 PM

Is there such as thing as being "too woke"? Because that's honestly how I felt watching this. It had everything yet felt very very half-baked. Needs to hone in on a specific plot and get focused before Broadway.

Seeking 1 ticket to Moulin Rouge Matinee 07/18
 Jul 17 2018, 05:54:18 PM

I didn't get a chance to ask on my way out of work because of the crazy rains but the ArtsBoston booth at Faneuil Hall had a sign that said "ask about Moulin Rouge DISCOUNTED tickets". So that might be a budget-friendly option and I know the booths (there is also one in Copley Sq) sell discounted tickets day of show.

Jul 14 2018, 10:27:52 PM

millie_dillmount said: " Also, now apparently you can order drinks via an app and someone will deliver it to your seat pre-show or during intermission. I haven't been to the theater much lately - is this the new norm?"

I think this is a norm for ATG theaters as Cursed Child also does the same at the Lyric Theater in NYC. And the Colonial is under ATG.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You