News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwaybabywannabe

broadwaybabywannabe Profile Photo
Member Name: broadwaybabywannabe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

He's Charlie! Lin-Manuel Miranda to Star in Encores! MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG
 Nov 1 2011, 01:18:45 PM
Phyllis...you might be right about OUR TIME...i think what threw me off about the 2002 concert performance was the altered book and the change in songs to accomodate the revised book...THE HILLS OF TOMORROW did not open nor close the production, and the announcement by George Furth before the music started that this was the final and official new version of the book and song list got me very upset...i think i expected to hear the original broadway cast album song list...i actually would want to
He's Charlie! Lin-Manuel Miranda to Star in Encores! MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG
 Nov 1 2011, 12:41:29 PM
Charlie! Charlie! Charlie!...blah blah blah...:)...the REAL story with this ENCORES! production is WHICH book are they using?...the original book and score that opened and closed on Broadway back in 1981, or the so-called revised 'official' version that George Furth re-wrote before he passed away?...i saw a one night only production of this so-called official vesion at UCLA a few years ago that i thought was GOD-AWFUL...Furth took out so much of the original backwards-in-time aspect to the book,
A Sondheim rhyme that bothers me
 Oct 29 2011, 04:36:55 PM
while i defend to the death your right to critisize anyone's lyrics, it does seem you guys are having way to much fun with THE GREATEST LYRICIST OF OUR TIME...

"Boys, that's just great. But next time, don't be so clever — "
me thinks even Sondheim gets into being so "clever"...and i say BRAVO!...otherwise what would you not-quite-as-successful song writers have to critisize?...hum?

Could I Leave You? Question
 Oct 27 2011, 12:36:42 PM
agreed+100 Almira...i saw Ms Alexis Smith in the original production...it is HER SONG!...she won a Tony that year for her peformance of this song...it stopped the show!
RENT POLL
 Oct 27 2011, 12:34:17 PM
the movie version was gad-awful, so the Broadway staging has to be the clear winner here...
Another GLEEful Lesson
 Oct 5 2011, 12:31:22 PM
last night's episode was one of the best in my opinion in almost 2 years...the DREAMGIRL squence was so amazing i was applauding at the end...and the WEST SIDE STORY dance number was almost as exciting to watch as the real thing...what you haters dont get is that this show brings Broadway to millions who have never set foot in a Broadway theatre and for better or worse introduces
millions to musical numbers, other than what the listen to on their ipods...it just might spark more interest in

GLEE ratings
 Oct 5 2011, 06:09:22 AM
in my opinion last night's show was one of the best so far this season, 3 shows in...GLEE to me is an over the top fantasy of these kids performing...it's all fantasy when they get on stage, that is why the auto-tune and the costumes and lights and dancng come into play...the DREAMGIRLS sequence was perfectly woven into the story line and yet it was also a majorly produced musical number...it was Mercedes ultimate fantasy production number and she KILLED IT...wow can that young girl sing...with
GLEE ratings
 Oct 4 2011, 05:47:36 PM
would someone please explain the logic about auto-tune and declining GLEE tv ratings....what the f**k does this have to do with a smaller tv audience in it's 3rd year?...anyone?...thanks!

( i personally think the show went too gay for a national audience...and i am one a very gay man who thinks that..just my opinion...)

GLEE ratings
 Oct 4 2011, 11:43:00 AM
not so fast here...GLEE was ranked the 14th highest program in ratings with 18-49 year old viewers this past week:
14 - Glee FOX 3.7 - 4,710

the "old" girl ain't dead yet, no matter how dead you may think or want it to be...

Which cast recording could you listen to over and over again?
 Oct 3 2011, 05:56:07 PM
the ones i have on 'shuffle', on my IPHONE are:

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG
ANYONE CAN WHISTLE
BOOK OF MORMAN
ROAD SHOW
YENTL...(ok i know it's not Broadway but it is a cast recording...:))

Patti & Mandy on Broadway?
 Oct 1 2011, 12:16:26 PM
i saw this review when i passed through Los Angeles at the too large Ahmanson Theatre, and while i enjoyed it i felt then that it should have been in a smaller house...which of course Broadway theatres are compared to the huge space the Ahmanson is...so a more intimate setting might make this really an enjoyable get-together of Broadway pros...
Glee's biggest WTF Broadway moment is...
 Oct 1 2011, 12:13:25 PM
AMEN DCROCKS!...jeez you so-called Broadway lovers...let's see the show first then jump in...right?...of course right!...

(and isn't any media that brings Broadway into millions of American homes better than not?)

If you could get up and sing one Broadway song in front of a crowd...
 Sep 28 2011, 07:08:17 PM
'Anyone Can Whistle' from the show of the same name...to me it is a very personal song, and a very 'who i am song' for me to sing...
Darren Criss sings
 Sep 28 2011, 12:05:07 PM
was last's night version of 'SOMETHING'S COMING' different than the one posted here earlier?...maybe some fine tuning with background music?...BUT I LOVED IT...Darren knocked it out of the ballpark/theatre so to speak...the other musical numbers left me somewhat cold, but i got all the tingly parts going when Darren sang...
Darren Criss sings
 Sep 25 2011, 05:55:57 PM
god i LOVE this show...back off bitches!...:)

WHO ARE your fab four divas of Broadway?
 Sep 7 2011, 05:04:30 PM
LIZA MINELLI
PATTI LAPONE
BERNADETTE PETERS
CAROL CHANNING

In your opinion, what is the most overrated musical score?
 Aug 28 2011, 04:57:27 PM
CATS...enough said!
re: Sondheim Talks FOLLIES Movie Musical
 Aug 27 2011, 06:01:52 PM
BETTE MIDLER would be FABULOUS as Sally...she can handle LOSING MY MIND, and IN BUDDY'S EYES...**** yeah!...OMG OMG OMG...is a film really going to happen?..OMG OMG OMG...
Least Favorite & Most Underrated
 Aug 27 2011, 07:41:32 AM
OVERRATED?...SONDHEIM?...you have got be kidding...his flops have been many so i think the public has let him know what scores work and which ones dont...i dare say in my humble 41 year history of attending SONDHEIM muscials...NO SHOW IS OVER RATED....even (in my way of thinking the critics have been too kind) PASSION and SUNDAY have songs i love in them even if i would nevr pay to see them in person...

p.s. i love ROAD SHOW...it grows on me in a good way everytime i listen to it... <

Which shows work better on CD than in the theatre?
 Aug 26 2011, 02:03:52 PM
...most shows by STEPHEN SONDHEIM...in almost all cases the book of his show is the weakest link...but of course his music soars...

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG
INTO THE WOODS
COMPANY

to my way of thinking work better without all those words...so the cd brings us the music only for the most part and they are seemless song after song after song...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You