News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MichaelDendy

MichaelDendy Profile Photo
Member Name: MichaelDendy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BARE THE MUSICAL Previews  Nov 19 2012, 04:27:44 PM
Can you please post a listing of the songs? That is what I am most interested in!
BARE preview  Nov 18 2012, 09:47:32 PM
A new interview/article was released today confirming the cutting of "Wedding Bells", "Wonderland" and "Rolling" - Now I am completely okay with "Rolling" getting cut. They have decided to cut the rave scene completely, which it was a little dated so if it is modernized correctly it could be okay. I enjoyed "Wonderland" but for selfish reasons. I am really curious as to what is left in this story.

Also, if you didn't know the show is now titled "Bare: The Musical" instead of "Bare: A P

BARE preview  Nov 15 2012, 12:09:11 PM
@EricMontreal22 If you order the show from Theatrical Rights you can have the original show. They let you keep the material when they send it out. I own it as well as a couple of other friends. I will never ever do this new production they are putting together. It's not Bare and never will be.

I really hate this was the show I was coming to NYC to see and now it's the one I am dreading seeing. If I had not already bought tickets I would not be going.

BARE preview  Nov 13 2012, 11:13:15 PM
I had not even made the connection with Skins but it literally does look just like the intro for the show. The more and more I see the more and more I hate.

Yes it is still set in the catholic school and yes nothing indicates such a thing. They said it in the interview.

I would just like to get a running list of the songs that we know are cut or will be cut... What I have found so far are: "Epiphany", "See Me", "Warning", "Plain Jane Fat Ass", "911! Emergency", "God Don't Make

American Idiot cast  Nov 13 2012, 12:05:06 PM
You can also snag it from youtube. Just look up a youtube to mp3 converter and you'll be able to grab it. That's what I did!
BARE preview  Nov 13 2012, 12:03:54 PM
I have been dying to see this show for years. Living in the south this show is almost never produced but with the Off-Broadway revival it is getting some buzz. With that preview I saw, this will not be Bare. They have taken this show and ripped it's heart out. They decided (from what I can tell) to just focus on the story of Peter and Jason but their is so much more to Bare than their stories. Also, the fact the Nadia is not a fat character that takes every aspect of her struggle away.

American Idiot cast  Nov 12 2012, 11:33:42 AM
It's either the cast from the OBC or a good group of college kids or another cast. It's a great recording regardless.
The Dreaded College Board  Oct 8 2012, 10:39:28 AM
@MusicalDreamer You should def come check out a USM production.
Jordan Gelber, Leslie Kritzer & Mitchell Sink to Star in ELF on Broadway! Full Cast Announced!  Oct 4 2012, 12:25:02 PM
I'm a bit worried about his casting (Gelber). He is not the typical buddy and a far cry from Sebastian Arcles. Buddy has a specific look and that is not it.
The Dreaded College Board  Oct 2 2012, 01:35:56 PM
Here are my replies to the questions about Southern Miss! If anyone has anything else they want to know feel free to message me!

To: Musical Dreamer

I just received your message. We have a Theatre Major and you can either choose the BA route which I am doing that gives you a larger variety of work. I have gotten to work tech (props, costumes and sets) along with performing (Marat/Sade, The Laramie Project and Grapes of Wrath). You can also choose the BFA route which can fo

The Dreaded College Board  Oct 1 2012, 10:37:17 AM
The University of South Alabama has a great program. The University of Southern Mississippi also has a great program, but no musical theatre program. I attend Southern Miss and would be happy to answer any questions about our program.
Anyone looking for any specific signed playbill or playbills signed by certain people?  Sep 28 2012, 01:44:51 PM
Any Book of Mormon... Specifically Andrew Rannells?
Does anyone still want/collect cast recordings on vinyl?  Sep 11 2012, 12:52:32 PM
I'm def interested in hearing some of the titles you have in your collection. I have a few I am on the hunt for!
Taylor Trensch, Jason Hite and Elizabeth Judd to Lead BARE at New World Sta  Aug 26 2012, 03:36:50 PM
This thread has made me really upset about this production. I am flying up from Mississippi to see this show. A friend and I have been waiting for years for this to resurface... Claire and Sister Chontelle getting cut from the show is killer, mainly Claire because "See Me" was one of my top songs in this show. We will see what happens with this production... Needless to say I'm nervous this will be a watered down production with all of the heart ripped out.
New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?  Feb 15 2012, 12:24:43 PM
Literally none of these options are okay for this. I could see Aaron playing the Adult Male for sure. I would love to see Chris Colfer take on Ernst. I personally do not agree with a movie adaptation of this mainly because it is going to lose so much power from the stage to the screen. But we will see. As for Melchior, I say cast an unknown. Plus, they aren't going to look the correct age (Unless they get lucky in casting) because they will look for someone 18 or older so they can do the nudity.
Rannells' understudy?  Feb 6 2012, 12:28:38 PM
All of the lead cast has extended their contracts through at least January, this includes Andrew, Josh, Nikki and Rory
SPRING AWAKENING in the French Quarter (New Orleans)  Jan 18 2012, 12:38:48 PM
The Lion kIng will be at the Mahalia Jackson, Not the Saenger. It is slated for reopening later this year (post Lion King). So hopefully when it opens NOLA will get tours at Mahalia and Saenger! P.S. I am seeing Spring Awakening on Sat!
Entrance Applause  Jan 7 2012, 08:31:50 PM
Easily Bernadette Peters in "A Little Night Music"
The New Broadway Merchandise Trade Thread  Dec 26 2011, 08:42:35 PM
I'm desperately looking for a "Bloody, Bloody Andrew Jackson" window card. Signed or Unsigned I do not care. I'm willing to pay for it!
If THE HELP was a play/musical...  Dec 23 2011, 01:00:40 PM
I am a huge fan of the book and movie. I am a Jackson, MS native and am quite proud to have had this story come from and have been filmed here. I am still very confused as to the comment claiming that Skeeter is a racist. She is the one trying to get these stories out and taking the risks, along with the help, to get the truth out. When this story was set was a very bad time in the south where racism ran high, so yes, most of the white people were racist, it was common at this time. This was a p
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You