pixeltracker

American Idiot cast "Good Riddance"

American Idiot cast "Good Riddance"

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#1American Idiot cast "Good Riddance"
Posted: 11/10/12 at 6:07pm

Not sure if this was posted before, but if it was I missed it! Apparently, the OBC of American Idiot actually did record a studio bonus track of "Good Riddance" and it just wasn't included on the CD. Center Theatre Group posted it on their soundcloud a few months ago, but I'm not 100% sure it's the OBC. Can anyone confirm?

http://soundcloud.com/centertheatregroup/good-riddance-time-of-your#play

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#2American Idiot cast
Posted: 11/10/12 at 6:31pm

Sounds like it…

MichaelDendy Profile Photo
MichaelDendy
#2American Idiot cast
Posted: 11/12/12 at 11:33am

It's either the cast from the OBC or a good group of college kids or another cast. It's a great recording regardless.

get-it-right
#3American Idiot cast
Posted: 11/12/12 at 11:40am

It is indeed the version of the song that was cut from the OBCR.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#4American Idiot cast
Posted: 11/12/12 at 11:47am

It is the OBC. And yeah, it was suppose to be on the cast recording. There's actual an earlier mock-up of the track list that had it but I guess, since they wanted Green Day fans to buy the CD, they put Billie's version of "When It's Time."

I actually prefer the live versions that they put on the official website about midway through the run. I downloaded so many of those. The studio recorded version just seems a little... dead... heh.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#5American Idiot cast
Posted: 11/12/12 at 10:53pm

I don't know- I like the studio version, maybe just because the sound quality is better and I like picking out the individual harmony parts and individual guitar lines.

Apparently this track was released as a free download for a while on one of the Green Day sites... did anyone snag it?

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#6American Idiot cast
Posted: 11/13/12 at 3:29am

^You can snag it from soundcloud.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#7American Idiot cast
Posted: 11/13/12 at 9:14am

I didn't see a download link- I just saw streaming only options.

MichaelDendy Profile Photo
MichaelDendy
#8American Idiot cast
Posted: 11/13/12 at 12:05pm

You can also snag it from youtube. Just look up a youtube to mp3 converter and you'll be able to grab it. That's what I did!

Videos