pixeltracker

New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?

New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?

nrosky Profile Photo
nrosky
#1New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?
Posted: 2/10/12 at 3:57pm

emida Profile Photo
emida
#2New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?
Posted: 2/10/12 at 5:32pm

Chord Overstreet... ??? How is he even considered an option?

theeatah Profile Photo
theeatah
#2New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?
Posted: 2/11/12 at 4:02am

Aaron Tveit looks like he could only be considered for the Adult male roles.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#4New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?
Posted: 2/11/12 at 10:59am

I was sure you were going to suggest Harvey Firestein, Jordy.

....but the world goes 'round

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#5New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?
Posted: 2/11/12 at 11:14am

Too bad Don Knotts passed away.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#6New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?
Posted: 2/11/12 at 11:54am

Andy Griffith is still alive. But I see him more of a Hanschen, though.

cordialcherry
#7New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?
Posted: 2/11/12 at 1:49pm

Tveit is too old... Besides Jon and Hunter, these choices are really random for Melchior.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#8New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?
Posted: 2/12/12 at 12:38am

Jonathan Groff, Hunter Parish and Stark Sands all have experience being naked on camera so I say it should be one of them. New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?

mikey2573
#9New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?
Posted: 2/12/12 at 7:50am

I wouldn't be surprised if they offered the role to Bieber. Not sure how he would be in the role as I have actually never heard him sing (that I know of) and am unaware of his acting creds. But he IS the right age and he would bring in the teeny boppers. Though they might have a hard time getting into an R rated flick, and then that sex scene would shock them.
Stranger things have happened (NINE anyone?)

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#10New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?
Posted: 2/12/12 at 12:28pm

Chord Overstreet should only be considered for Justin in "Queer as Folk: The Musical".

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#11New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?
Posted: 2/12/12 at 12:28pm

Chord Overstreet should only be considered for Justin in "Queer as Folk: The Musical".

hotjohn Profile Photo
hotjohn
SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#13New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?
Posted: 2/13/12 at 9:44pm

Oy, these dumb az polls!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
WOSQ
#15New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?
Posted: 2/14/12 at 2:02pm

Of this batch of young men, if they look the right age for Melchior, they can't sing it. It is not a role that can be faked.

We all know Groff can sing it even if there are tiny crow's feet lurking around his eyes. Then again, if Lea Michele is up there repeating her role, Groff will look just fine. Too young in fact.

Meow.

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true. And that would be unacceptable." --Carrie Fisher

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#16New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?
Posted: 2/14/12 at 5:08pm

Cast unknowns!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#17New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?
Posted: 2/15/12 at 1:33am

If Lea gets the role of Wendla, I doubt she'd do it without Groff, especially considering how they are essentially attached at the hip and she has made it clear she loved doing the role with him.

Chord and Darren couldn't sing it or act it, Tveit and Stark are too old, Nick is a tossup and I'd not mind him doing it, same with Zac. I hated Hunter's Melchior on Broadway, so I'd rather not relived that on screen, so out of the options - I'd go with Groff.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 2/15/12 at 01:33 AM

MichaelDendy Profile Photo
MichaelDendy
#18New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?
Posted: 2/15/12 at 12:24pm

Literally none of these options are okay for this. I could see Aaron playing the Adult Male for sure. I would love to see Chris Colfer take on Ernst. I personally do not agree with a movie adaptation of this mainly because it is going to lose so much power from the stage to the screen. But we will see. As for Melchior, I say cast an unknown. Plus, they aren't going to look the correct age (Unless they get lucky in casting) because they will look for someone 18 or older so they can do the nudity.

Zarkana2
#19New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?
Posted: 2/16/12 at 5:22pm

HIGHLY doubt Nick Jonas would do it, if he even is a candidate.

mikey2573
#20New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?
Posted: 2/16/12 at 8:24pm

"it is going to lose so much power from the stage to the screen"

"because they will look for someone 18 or older so they can do the nudity."

Stephen Daldry as director of the film might solve both of your concerns. His films can be very theatrical, and he could cast a 17 year old boy and wait until the teen's 18th birthday to film the nude scenes, as he did with THE READER.

CATSNYrevival
#21New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?
Posted: 2/18/12 at 3:46pm

^Since you mentioned The Reader I think David Kross would make a great Melchior if he can sing. He already showed everything in The Reader, and he's actually German isn't he?

xxdrewboy85xx Profile Photo
xxdrewboy85xx
#22New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?
Posted: 2/19/12 at 1:56am

Yes he is German, and wasn't David Kross 16 when they started filming?

I think Stephen Daldry would be a GREAT director to take on this project.

Of the choices above, Nick Jonas makes the most sense look and age wise. Between Groff and Parrish, I would much rather see Hunter take on the role.

CATSNYrevival
#23New Poll: Which Leading Man Should Take on 'Melchior' in the Upcoming SPRING AWAKENING Movie?
Posted: 2/20/12 at 1:31am

^David Kross could also be great as Hanschen if they don't want him as Melchior.